What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ten of rugby league’s best ever nicknames

horrie hastings

First Grade
Without wanting to sound politically incorrect Larry Corowa was known as the Black Flash, and just checked a few articles about him and he is still referred to as the Black Flash in them.

As a fellow Dragons fan I’m sure you, like me, called him a merkin more than anything.

Nah I didn't actually. Although in my younger, angrier years I would regularly address dragons players i'd evaluated as under-performing during a match along the lines of...

hey "insert proper noun" you "insert swear word" "insert adjective" "insert noun" ............
have a "insert swear word" go....

I'm sure I'd addressed Clarence in this manner many a time many years ago..

Life's Good

Coach
Nah I didn't actually. Although in my younger, angrier years I would regularly address dragons players i'd evaluated as under-performing during a match along the lines of...

hey "insert proper noun" you "insert swear word" "insert adjective" "insert noun" ............
have a "insert swear word" go....

I'm sure I'd addressed Clarence in this manner many a time many years ago..
I should have been clearer. It’s what I would refer to him as when he was in the bunker officiating one of our games. Usually vs. the Dogs.

Saxon

Bench
Without wanting to sound politically incorrect Larry Corowa was known as the Black Flash, and just checked a few articles about him and he is still referred to as the Black Flash in them.
Or more recently Renouf as "The Black Pearl". Imagine the shit you would get in if you called someone that now? Never mind "N..... Brown" (who apparently was so fair skinned he would sunburn under bright moonlight).

Woosh

Head Moderator
Milton Thaiday was known as Milton Tuesday because he was a tightass and never shouted his teammates.

Latest posts