What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Lodge is allowed back in the NRL for threatening to kill a mother and her child I think Simona should be allowed back.

I agree that what he did is a massive dog act, but if he can honestly prove he is changed man then he should be given another chance. Packer almost killed a man and he was given another chance.

Simona was a f**king amazing winger. IF we ENTERTAIN the idea of him coming back to Tigers its to play on the wing, not centre

Das Hassler

Bench
If Lodge is allowed back in the NRL for threatening to kill a mother and her child I think Simona should be allowed back.

I agree that what he did is a massive dog act, but if he can honestly prove he is changed man then he should be given another chance. Packer almost killed a man and he was given another chance.

Simona was a f**king amazing winger. IF we ENTERTAIN the idea of him coming back to Tigers its to play on the wing, not centre

Good argument. ...

gordsy

Juniors

I would be shocked if the Nrl let Simona come back. He screwed over charities and that makes for ugly headlines and angry sponsors. We aren't a Broncos who have that much money and support we can tell people to get stuffed like Bennett could. Imo he may be allowed to play q cup or the like but that's about all. .

macnaz

Staff member
Lodge f**ked up OUTSIDE of the game .. Simona screwed with the total integrity OF the GAME.
Its a shame as i used to like how he played .. but to be honest the year he got done i was very unimpressed with his efforts .. coincidence who knows ? But he was very ordinary in my opinion.

I liked Tim as a player and he had more ability than most,unfortunately he ruined his career through a despicable low act of greed and only has himself to blame.
Maybe his penalty is harsh and he has genuinely tried to make amends but why are these people only sorry after they get caught out.

super_coach

First Grade
He obviously had a gambling problem and made some really bad decisions, but if he has turned things around, I say give him another chance. The NRL are in bed with the gambling industry and Simonia is just one of plenty who have stuffed their lives up because of gambling, maybe the NRL should be looking at who they sleep with

BuffaloRules

Coach
Things seem a little quiet on the Pascoe appeal front..

Think it was due by 31 Jan so hope the legal team cut their festive season holidays short and have been burning the midnight oil...

Because the appeal is happening right?

macnaz

Staff member
He obviously had a gambling problem and made some really bad decisions, but if he has turned things around, I say give him another chance. The NRL are in bed with the gambling industry and Simonia is just one of plenty who have stuffed their lives up because of gambling, maybe the NRL should be looking at who they sleep with
And a coke problem..

super_coach

First Grade
And a coke problem..
Mate some of the biggest names in the game who are still earning a motza from the game have being doing lines for years. It’s the little fish who get banged up but I guess that’s life.

My son while paying his way through uni worked up at the Cross in a few bars and a couple of very big x players were doing stuff every second night...made Simonia look li,e a saint

simmo05

Bench
Coke is a problem wherever blokes earn good cash. You should see how much gear gets around on the big gas construction projects. Pro sport wouldnt be any different

Lodge f**ked up OUTSIDE of the game .. Simona screwed with the total integrity OF the GAME.
Its a shame as i used to like how he played .. but to be honest the year he got done i was very unimpressed with his efforts .. coincidence who knows ? But he was very ordinary in my opinion.

Exactly.

From a societal point of view, having wife beaters, violent offenders and drug dealers in the game is far worse than a bloke who placed a few bets on opposition players, but that stuff happens away from the game and as unpalatable as it sounds, it does not have an effect on results. Those blokes also get kissed on the arse in a manner of speaking from a soft judicial system which adds to why it looks terrible when they come back to the game.

A bloke gambling on games he is involved in, particularly betting on the opposition is eroding the integrity of the result and casts doubt on a fair contest, regardless of the small value of the bets. This alongside with PED's are worthy of lifetime bans IMO. The administration has a duty to protect the integrity of the result and ensure a fair contest.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mate some of the biggest names in the game who are still earning a motza from the game have being doing lines for years. It’s the little fish who get banged up but I guess that’s life.

My son while paying his way through uni worked up at the Cross in a few bars and a couple of very big x players were doing stuff every second night...made Simonia look li,e a saint

Back in Vic’s clubbing days before camera phones players didn’t even try to hide it. One night at Yu in the cross 3 Roosters (all rep players) were sharing a cubicle next to me and Candice was nowhere in sight.

macnaz

Staff member
Back in Vic’s clubbing days before camera phones players didn’t even try to hide it. One night at Yu in the cross 3 Roosters (all rep players) were sharing a cubicle next to me and Candice was nowhere in sight.
Hmmmm ive heard heaps of similar stories from 100% reputable sources .
But some how some way these stories remain just that .. STORIES.
Anyway i have faith that some day in the future ALL the stories will be backed up with evidence about a certain club . You can't keep ppl happy for ever .. the game stinks!!!! And the smell will be sniffed out by the public !!

gordsy

Juniors
And back in the old days the diet coke slot in police station vending machines were filled with vb and coppers would have a beer or two on the night shift. It was ok at the time but not now. Same with footy players and the behavior the public expects. Like it or not you are role models for kids and that's why you get paid outrageous sums of money. Conform or find another job.

Last edited:

tiger102

Juniors
Rumors that dragons are shopping Aitken. Would he be a good fit for us IF true? I would like to see how Momirovski goes first.

super_coach

First Grade
For those who don’t visit the other forum, there was a small post today from a guy who always is on the money and doesn’t big note himself and only posts when he has some real info...Anyway the club has put together a case that they say will 100% clear them and if by chance the NRL still don’t back down they are off to court.

Another poster who I don’t know is saying there is another one of our players in deep shit, video with white stuff. He is saying it’s going to blow up big time very soon. You can take that one with a grain of salt, but it may have legs. The player is said to be a star, that narrows it down to about one

Latest posts