What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repression of rugby league : Information to share and discussion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe you should grow up if you can't take some light ribbing. Jesus Christ.

Look over past threads in the international forum and see how quickly Stallion goes from talking conspiracy nonsense to accusing everyone of not being fans and being union spies and other rubbish. Then see how quickly the thread fills up with repetitive garbage because he won't shut up about things we have covered over and over again. 'Don't you know it's an outrage the Lions aren't playing in Australia?!' yes Stallion, we know this, we agree, we went over this months ago - continuously whinging, taking over conversations and calling us pathetic excuses for fans is not going to help anything.

I think you'll find he's the one acting like a petulant child. Besides, most of the name calling towards him and others goes on in the NRL forum and other forums. For some reason I never see you hijack threads in the NRL forum where there is constant abuse towards people like I Bleed Maroon.

'I didn't call him names and bitch and moan like a pathetic moron. Grow up.'

Geez, what a hypocrite. Don't call him names you pathetic moron!!
Wow, that was quite a rant.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know that you have contradicted yourself a few times. But that aside, if Stallion upsets you so much, why don't you just ignore him? If not, you must enjoy the banter and argument. Surely you don't get off on letting someone upset you.

Stallion

First Grade
Maybe you should grow up if you can't take some light ribbing. Jesus Christ.

Look over past threads in the international forum and see how quickly Stallion goes from talking conspiracy nonsense to accusing everyone of not being fans and being union spies and other rubbish. Then see how quickly the thread fills up with repetitive garbage because he won't shut up about things we have covered over and over again. 'Don't you know it's an outrage the Lions aren't playing in Australia?!' yes Stallion, we know this, we agree, we went over this months ago - continuously whinging, taking over conversations and calling us pathetic excuses for fans is not going to help anything.

I think you'll find he's the one acting like a petulant child. Besides, most of the name calling towards him and others goes on in the NRL forum and other forums. For some reason I never see you hijack threads in the NRL forum where there is constant abuse towards people like I Bleed Maroon.

'I didn't call him names and bitch and moan like a pathetic moron. Grow up.'

Geez, what a hypocrite. Don't call him names you pathetic moron!!

Springs09. You are proving to be both ignorant and apathetic. To enlighten you (I know this won't work but anyway): There are just as many that support my information and comments than deride them.Trying to think your 'heroic' stance is for the good of rugby league or common decency is lunacy. So you continue to deride even those whom are balanced and here for the good of the code. And your rant about the Lions not playing the Kangaroos deserves much more publicity and scorn from rugby league fans. I happen to be one of those rugby league fans. I sense you would rather see this massive scheduling mistake go through to the keeper?Some of us don't and know it's a bad call .A real BAD CALL by rugby league administrators.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
Wow, that was quite a rant.

I'm sure you're smart enough to know that you have contradicted yourself a few times. But that aside, if Stallion upsets you so much, why don't you just ignore him? If not, you must enjoy the banter and argument. Surely you don't get off on letting someone upset you.

Stallion doesn't upset me. We've been perfectly fine arguing and what not and if I ever get annoyed I stop responding, like an adult.

I was responding to the hypocrisy of a 'staff member' who for some reason has decided to call out abuse towards Stallion while ignoring most of the abuse that goes on in the rest of the forum, while being abusive himself.

Seriously, 'stop calling him names like a pathetic moron' has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this website.

Also deleted my post that had a light-hearted go at his nonsense rant. Reason - 'grow up'. Pretty sure I'm not the one who needs to grow up.

The 'abuse' Stallion cops on the international forum is nothing compared to shit in the NRL forum. If Albert or T-Boon makes a thread in there it's non-stop barrage of shit for about 10 pages.

Springs09. You are proving to be both ignorant and apathetic. To enlighten you (I know this won't work but anyway): There are just as many that support my information and comments than deride them.Trying to think your 'heroic' stance is for the good of rugby league or common decency is lunacy. So you continue to deride even those whom are balanced and here for the good of the code. And your rant about the Lions not playing the Kangaroos deserves much more publicity and scorn from rugby league fans. I happen to be one of those rugby league fans. I sense you would rather see this massive scheduling mistake go through to the keeper?Some of us don't and know it's a bad call .A real BAD CALL by rugby league administrators.

What on Earth are you on about now?

I'm usually the one who supports your opinions. The thing is no one enjoys you making 50 posts a day about the same thing, nor does anyone enjoy you doubting their support of RL because they've had enough of your rants. Like seriously we have been over and over the Lions in Australia thing. I agree with you, I've written to the NRL about it, we've discussed it and there's nothing more we can do about it. Continuously ranting on a forum about it doesn't help anyone or anything, it only annoys the people that agree with you. Use that energy for something more constructive.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The 'abuse' Stallion cops on the international forum is nothing compared to shit in the NRL forum. If Albert or T-Boon makes a thread in there it's non-stop barrage of shit for about 10 pages.
I have to disagree here - once a mod spots those kinds of things (because members whinge about it but don't bother to actually report it to bring it instantly to a mod's attention), it's usually pushed to the Cave.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stallion doesn't upset me. We've been perfectly fine arguing and what not and if I ever get annoyed I stop responding, like an adult.

I was responding to the hypocrisy of a 'staff member' who for some reason has decided to call out abuse towards Stallion while ignoring most of the abuse that goes on in the rest of the forum, while being abusive himself.

Seriously, 'stop calling him names like a pathetic moron' has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this website.

Also deleted my post that had a light-hearted go at his nonsense rant. Reason - 'grow up'. Pretty sure I'm not the one who needs to grow up.

What has being a staff member got to do with it?

Matua

Bench
Interesting thread, however league has NEVER been repressed because I wasn't caned for playing for a club on Sundays when at school.

Stallion

First Grade
Interesting thread, however league has NEVER been repressed because I wasn't caned for playing for a club on Sundays when at school.

And it appears others have. Graham LOWE being a high profile example to date. I get the feeling it's not just Graham Lowe though. Just a hunch?

Pommy

Coach
And it appears others have. Graham LOWE being a high profile example to date. I get the feeling it's not just Graham Lowe though. Just a hunch?

Nobody would have an issue with you saying it’s a hunch but normally you use this one example of systematic oppression.

Stallion

First Grade
Nobody would have an issue with you saying it’s a hunch but normally you use this one example of systematic oppression.

You have heard the statement : "Where there is smoke there is fire " A reasonable hunch given the vulnerable state of the rugby league code in NZ.

Pommy

Coach
You have heard the statement : "Where there is smoke there is fire " A reasonable hunch given the vulnerable state of the rugby league code in NZ.

I have heard it but it doesn’t make it a fact. I’m not saying it’s not true either. Simply if you’re going to make statements be prepared to say it’s an opinion or provide evidence.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I have heard it but it doesn’t make it a fact. I’m not saying it’s not true either. Simply if you’re going to make statements be prepared to say it’s an opinion or provide evidence.
He's made it clear this is his opinion, I think it's time for BOTD and moving onto the next discussion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
th.jpg
? From what the link shows its a joint Rugbyleague and Netball club? Might have missed some fine print somewhere?

It has RL,RU,netball and basketball jnr teams running under the one club. It was traditionally a RU club but couple of years ago joined the NRLWA RL jnr program as well.

A great shot of a future Pirate maybe?

Valheru

Coach
YES. Very true Timmah. And I'm glad you could search that up. And from that I was relieved this happened. The Australia wide numbers were necessarily impacted by the Ashes/World cup clash. Instead of the rugby league world cup final reaching genuinely impressive numbers of 4 million in Australia it was significantly less in audience number. If you could provide those figures that would be appreciated?
Quite often, I've relied on OZTAM numbers and other posters are not fans of their figures. Thanks in advance.

IMO the cricket test would have had a very minimal impact on viewing numbers for the RLWC final.

Any day of a cricket test match goes for approx. 7 hours as opposed to a 2 hour rugby league match. I can't imagine that anyone who was interested in the RLWC final wouldn't have flicked over to that when it started and flicked back to the cricket in breaks of play.