What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey or Thurston, who is GOAT?

___

Juniors
Thurston was part of an illegally assembled football team (disgraceful they were able to stay together, much less add Andrew Ryan), & even then, they needed an abysmal call by Tim Mander to win them the match.
El Masri's arms and the ball had no yet hit the turf, plus he was not held up by the players attempting to tackle him = a try.

ada3a49e70f09b712e1d5c5a98e8f4cc

Canard

Immortal
Is Rugby League the only sport that equates a drug cheat to a club breaking the rules?

Someguy

First Grade
In all seriousness I believe semi Radradra to be the true GOAT of the NRL no other player came close to his impact on the football field

First Grade
In all seriousness I believe semi Radradra to be the true GOAT of the NRL no other player came close to his impact on the football field
Eric Grothe sr had as much impact if not more in my opinion.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can’t remember any ohtjer winger apart from semi that has run straight over the top of a rep front rower in recent times

AJB1102

First Grade
Neither. It's Meninga.

At 90's style training, fitness, recovery etc. he'd humiliate every centre since him and a lot of edge backrowers.

Dial him up to being the product of today's standard in the areas above and it'd be like Superman was taking the piss on weekends.

King hit

Coach
Who was it on? I don’t mean just broke through the tackle of I mean steam rolled over the top of and left them on the ground behind them like semi did to James graham

I've seen him go over the top of quite a number of forwards

Neither. It's Meninga.

At 90's style training, fitness, recovery etc. he'd humiliate every centre since him and a lot of edge backrowers.

Dial him up to being the product of today's standard in the areas above and it'd be like Superman was taking the piss on weekends.

Fittler was just a teenage kid when he showed Meninga what-for.

Freddy was in another class as an adult to even Mal.

MilkShark

First Grade
Fitler - talented, played in team of rep players in a era of much a more free flowing game

Thurston - talented, carried his team to a higher level in a much tougher stop start game

TBH they're on par for me I guess

Last edited:

Latest posts