What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Perth Red

Post Whore
Love that Wakefield jersey, best in SL imo. Having watched my team, Hull KR, play at the weekend they have stuffed ours up with too narrow a red band this year. Shame, the stripes on arms are good and red shorts and socks work. So close yet so far again!

Not sure about the Widnes green and black50265680_3774840179215745_3574044773234769920_o.jpg away kit!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree. This was discussed mid last year, I did a quick mock up of a combined old and new logo. Looks better than the overly complicated logo they have now IMO.

e511a399-9930-48e9-b3ec-f37c63a78988.png
The distinct lack of blue is probably my only bugbear about the current Bulldogs logo, the above goes some way to solving it although I like the chevrons too.

sempmrh

Juniors
Love that Wakefield jersey, best in SL imo. Having watched my team, Hull KR, play at the weekend they have stuffed ours up with too narrow a red band this year. Shame, the stripes on arms are good and red shorts and socks work. So close yet so far again!

Not sure about the Widnes green and blackView attachment 26321 away kit!
Anyone who complains about the amount of sponsor logos NRL teams have should be shown this image.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone who complains about the amount of sponsor logos NRL teams have should be shown this image.
In the least crass way possible, I have no issue with SL teams doing this, the game doesn't attract the same corporate support that Australian clubs do. As a result if they are able to sell smaller spots in order to build their sponsor base I don't see an issue.

The Marshall

Juniors
I was gonna say the same thing, there’s something not right at the bottom of the blue V and it definitely looks like it could have been the old Sport M logo. Classic are selling the 1985 canterbury jersey with a different HFC logo. I’d just be getting that instead tbh.
The tag in the jersey (if it had one) would probably tell the story. Classic have just made a 1980 retro that looks a ripper so it will be out of those two.

sempmrh

Juniors
In the least crass way possible, I have no issue with SL teams doing this, the game doesn't attract the same corporate support that Australian clubs do. As a result if they are able to sell smaller spots in order to build their sponsor base I don't see an issue.
No, I understand that aspect of it and I'm all for it in that regard. Sometimes you'll hear people say that NRL jerseys are like walking billboards but it really isn't the case, especially when you compare the NRL to Super League or other European rugby teams of either code.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I agree. This was discussed mid last year, I did a quick mock up of a combined old and new logo. Looks better than the overly complicated logo they have now IMO.

e511a399-9930-48e9-b3ec-f37c63a78988.png

I do like the detail of the clubs central jersey image (the chevrons) in the background.

Having said that, the Dog really contrasts that solid blue nicely.

I really think the Dogs have the best logo format/template in the comp. Simple, references to history, minimalist wordmarks, the mascot as the sole central element with everything else treated as background. I definitely think other clubs could learn from it

(*cough* Titans, Tigers, Sharks, Sea Eagles Roosters. Not to say that all of this logo need to be burned and abandoned. But they definitely need to be cleaned up by a decent graphic designer (not some club volunteer)...

Last edited:

Smithtown

Coach
I was a bit suspicions about as well. There looks like there has been a logo of some sort removed at the bottom of the blue vee. It looks the same shape as the old Sport M logo and didn't they make supporter jerseys in the early 90's? It seems a very odd choice to fake that jersey.

That's a good detail pickup and I agree it is a Sport M copy so buyer beware.

Having a passion for older league jerseys from the 70's/80's I did a quick list of all the teams original jersey manufacturers and when they first changed, for those looking for genuines rather than copies. I do stand to be corrected so give or take a season perhaps:

1978: Canterbury, Manly and Souths - from Westmont to Classic
1979: Easts and Newtown - Westmont to Classic
1982: Illawarra and Canberra - Classic
1985: Balmain, Parramatta and Norths - Westmont to CCC
1986: Penrith - Westmont to Peerless
1988: Gold Coast and Brisbane - Peerless
1988: Newcastle - Good Fellows
1989: Wests - Westmont to Sport M
1994: St George - Westmont to Peerless
1997: Cronulla - Westmont to Nike

Essentially I'm pretty sure all jerseys from the 70's were made by Westmont up until 1977 (they didn't necessarily carry the Westmont logo) when the then NSWRL brought in licensing and a logo change for all clubs for the 1978 season. From there clubs changed sporadically to different manufacturers over time.

I do know Westmont have been no more for many years, and also Classic do copies of their old jerseys (and some Peerless ones) in their Heritage range, so I gather they picked up the rights from those two manufacturers.

For example: Brisbane (1988 Powers), Cronulla (1988 Aussie Duct), St George (1979 Penfolds), Parramatta (1982 Hardies), Wests (1979 Victa), Norths (1991 Norths Leagues) and Newcastle (1988 Henny Penny) are all sold by Classic Sportswear even though they never did the jerseys at the time. As stated they must have bought the rights to those jerseys to be able to release them as such.

Perth Red

Post Whore

They need the money but it does make the gear look like F1 walking billboard sht!

yakstorm

First Grade
The licensing agreement for the South African clubs must have been made with SA Rugby rather than an individual manufacturer... only way I can see Puma, Canterbury & BLK all getting involved.

Possibly would have been a better way for the NRL or Super League to have approached it, rather than having some clubs involved and others not.

gzerounian

Juniors
If you remember., Hull really missed the mark with their Black Panther last year by not putting the necklace around the neck.
IMG_20190117_080513.jpg
Which prompted me to do a mock up
IMG_20190117_080924.jpg
I think the Sharks one is even better than this. They have really nailed it. Also probably the best Captain America one we have seen so far. The placement of the abs makes the player look really cut like the raiders hulk one used to. Although Vodacom is lost in the red and white stripes.

Latest posts