What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

Old Timer

Coach
Really? Thats your contribution?
Yes that is my contribution
And just like all other contributions we will only know the answer at the end of the season, so get back to me then.
I give my prediction as much chance of being correct as anyone else’s.
I should point out that no doubt you would be the exception to the rule to what I predict and you will back up ad nauseum, posting positively until we finally win a premiership and then say “I told you so” despite it being 2028 and a goodly % of those in here being dead.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
This depends on what’s in the glass. If it’s a James Boag’s Draught or RedAle XXX, there’s a very good chance I’ve already had a drink.
Last night I had a red, a beer, an ouzo and a glass of water all going at the one time (very late after a very big day on the squirt) so if I am a glass half empty person then at least I have more than 1 glass going at any one time rather than just backing the one pony all the time.
PS They all ended up empty with no waste

jak

Bench
ps, I miss the biff.....I miss the mingrel of scrums and I damn well miss the striking at the ball in the play the ball and mainly the way refs wouldnt be so anal and overkill with rules, let games flow...thats what we love about football! the flow..and why they broke away from Yawnion to begin with, not just the money
if your missing the biff I can send the wife around to your place.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
if your missing the biff I can send the wife around to your place.

Please note that this is an educated members forum with a strict NO BIFF policy.

no_biff_t_shirt-r5a687f611dfd46028041c88bc5e876c3_k2gpu_307.jpg

possm

Coach
NFI.

The fact is that they’ve partnered in the halves previously, and Bennett couldn’t make it work.

If he can’t succeed, no one can.

I don’t understand the “logic” behind splitting up a successful Hunt-Widdop partnership.

The 2019 season is a wake-up call for Hunt. It's been a few years now since Hunt and Norman partnered in tha halves for the Broncos and so both players are now more mature and more experienced.

I am very excited about the prospect of these two players forming a great combination in the halves. Norman brings to the table the ability to manage the team, put key players through the line with crisp and accurate passes/kicks and close out a close game with a field goal or accurate kicking game.

Norman will relieve the pressure placed on Hunt who will relish the opportunity to just run and create opportunities on the right. I hope that both halves combine from time to time to put Widdop through the line. With Norman on board and in form, the Dragons have enormous variety in attack and unlimited opportunities to score some exiting tries.

The fans will again begin to jump to their feet when Pearson, Widdop, Lomax and Ravalawa break through the line off the end of some clever work from Norman and Hunt. Just watch for the ground attendance to quickly climb to full capacity for our home games.

BLM01

First Grade
The 2019 season is a wake-up call for Hunt. It's been a few years now since Hunt and Norman partnered in tha halves for the Broncos and so both players are now more mature and more experienced.

I am very excited about the prospect of these two players forming a great combination in the halves. Norman brings to the table the ability to manage the team, put key players through the line with crisp and accurate passes/kicks and close out a close game with a field goal or accurate kicking game.

Norman will relieve the pressure placed on Hunt who will relish the opportunity to just run and create opportunities on the right. I hope that both halves combine from time to time to put Widdop through the line. With Norman on board and in form, the Dragons have enormous variety in attack and unlimited opportunities to score some exiting tries.

The fans will again begin to jump to their feet when Pearson, Widdop, Lomax and Ravalawa break through the line off the end of some clever work from Norman and Hunt. Just watch for the ground attendance to quickly climb to full capacity for our home games.
Sounds like Possm..MARK MY WORDS....you are saying Millward is doing a good job with recruitment.

DragonJ

Juniors
I wish I could say something about Clive Churchill Medal or something to do with winning the premiership but I feel we are 1 or 2 or even 3 good, fast outside backs short of a premiership winning team.

But Ben Hunt to be Dally M player of the year.

Belta

Juniors
The 2019 top 8 will be similar looking to last season. The only difference is the Cowboys and Knights will replace the Panthers and Sharks who will miss out.

The Dragons will start slow but finish strong and finish 7th. From 7th the become the 2019 Premiers.

Mark my words.

Old Timer

Coach
Muzby
Not sure how you get affected by drinking but I surely don’t have that issue?
A Berocca or two the day before and a hair of the dog and good as new again
However it might help to cure me after reading some of the posts in this place.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muzby
Not sure how you get affected by drinking but I surely don’t have that issue?
Its to do with the term “the squirt”..

Generally is someone gets a case of the squirts they’d be heading down to the pharmacy to pick up a box of gastro stop..

Of course, there is another far more vulgar definition of the word which I won’t go into on here..

But I have honestly never heard anyone use it to describe drinking before..

Old Timer

Coach
Its to do with the term “the squirt”..

Generally is someone gets a case of the squirts they’d be heading down to the pharmacy to pick up a box of gastro stop..

Of course, there is another far more vulgar definition of the word which I won’t go into on here..

But I have honestly never heard anyone use it to describe drinking before..
Funny it was a terminology oft used among the lads going for a drink at the mighty Domino Hotel
Never thought about it’s origins but following your post I googled it
Far better to say on the “booze” from now on
Maybe the older guys were into drinking something else other than beer:money_mouth:

SBD82

Coach
Funny it was a terminology oft used among the lads going for a drink at the mighty Domino Hotel
Never thought about it’s origins but following your post I googled it
Far better to say on the “booze” from now on
Maybe the older guys were into drinking something else other than beer:money_mouth:
The thought of you googling "squirt" has absolutely made my day.