What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasing Kangaroos - A rugby league growth and expansion podcast

Version 6

Staff member
This post is made with the full support of the board (ie. I checked with Willow first, who has given me the go ahead to post this both here and in the NRL Expansion forum).

Myself and a couple of mates have started a rugby league podcast, called Chasing Kangaroos which is focused on international rugby league, growing the game and expansion.

We aren't professionals by any stretch - which I'm sure will be fairly apparent. Just 3 footy nerds who are passionate about seeing the game played in more places.

We are still in the early stages (three episodes in) and would absolutely love some feedback from you all. Are we on the right track? What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong? Is this thing actually any good?

Would really appreciate you all letting us know what you think.

The show is available on iTunes, Spotify, CastBox and wherever else you get your podcasts.

iTunes page here: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/chasing-kangaroos/id1441882710?mt=2

Instagram account here: https://www.instagram.com/chasingkangaroospodcast/

Thanks in advance guys.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I listened to my first ep last night (I think it was ep 3 about Jamaica). Loved it, I'll be tuning in regularly. Wayne Bennett's errr Dwayne Kennet's appearance was funny.

Version 6

Staff member
Thanks mate. Pretty sure Dwayne will be making an appearance early in the new year.

magpie_man

Juniors
I really like this podcast, love the passion for the international game.
Early days still, I know, but it'd be great if you guys could get Steve Mascord or Vossy on down the track.
Either way, keep up the great work, you have a regular listener here now.

langpark

First Grade
I really like this podcast, love the passion for the international game.
Early days still, I know, but it'd be great if you guys could get Steve Mascord or Vossy on down the track.
Either way, keep up the great work, you have a regular listener here now.
Why do that!? The great thing about these guys is they are NOT mainstream, so why have mainstream guys like that on?

I've listened to their last 2 shows, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for their next ones!

magpie_man

Juniors
This last episode (#7) was the best one yet; there really is some exciting stuff going on in the US. Love Nate's passion.
Keep up the good work guys.

langpark

First Grade
This last episode (#7) was the best one yet; there really is some exciting stuff going on in the US. Love Nate's passion.
Keep up the good work guys.
Really? I'm a huge fan of the show, but this for me, was by far their worst yet. Too much waffling. Basically two guys sitting there, fantasising, with not much factual basis to go by. There is very little info about this NYC bid, yet they kept saying what a solid bid it was, and the RFL would have to be insane to reject it.

Also the host was way too 'agreeable' with everything nate said, a lot of which is just ranting, with not much substance. For example, he says his old high school has better facilities than a lot of NRL teams, and the host gave his usual "oh, 100%" reply (used dozens of times throughout the show), how exactly would he know that!?

I'm not saying he should be devil's advocate, but at least challenge him on a few points, or offer alternative arguments. Also got boring that they only discussed USA, but he did warn us at the start about that, so fair enough I suppose.

Like I say though, big fan of the show, and I look forward to the next ones!

Dakink

Bench
Didn't he actually say his high school had better facilities than superleague teams?

Anyway I enjoyed it.... yes some daydreaming but still enjoyable.

Storm13

Juniors
Boo Hoo!

Some people showing positive signs and expressing a positive attitude, hope they rot in hell.

Version 6

Staff member
Episode 8 is available now.

Back to our regular format this time. We discuss:
  • Federal government support for NRL trials in the Pacific, and a Fijian NSW Cup team.
  • The Continental Cup. Is it over before it begins?
  • Is the RFL getting its Challenge Cup act together?
As always, we finish up with the newly named "Golden Points" and Dwayne Kennett drops in.

Don't forget to follow us on Instagram @chasingkangaroospodcast

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest posts