What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Noticed the Eels aren't actually selling memberships into all areas of the new Stadium. On the west, they only have 3 bays available for membership (I know a large part of this stand will be corporate), plus they have no lower corners and large chunks of the south not available.

Updated-WSS-Map-d308.png

Will BankWest Stadium have their own members? Or might there be another reason? Whilst I don't see them selling all seats to members (be nice if they did), the lower west I would imagine there would be some demand for the lower west at least.
I can only assume the stadium will be offering some kind of membership regarding the western stand. Obviously all the upper tiers are going to be corporate but there are bays of seats at ground level ala Cbus on the Gold Coast.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Good to see continued growth, but i can't help but feel its really only converting the hardened fan into a fully fledged member. The clubs and NRL need to focus on getting the casual fan into stadiums to lift crowds across the board and drive a better aesthetic for the game. That in turn would drive organic growth in crowds and membership also boosting the sustainability of clubs.

Timmah

Staff member
Good to see continued growth, but i can't help but feel its really only converting the hardened fan into a fully fledged member. The clubs and NRL need to focus on getting the casual fan into stadiums to lift crowds across the board and drive a better aesthetic for the game. That in turn would drive organic growth in crowds and membership also boosting the sustainability of clubs.
Disagree entirely, single game membership offers are very popular among clubs - particularly the ones with bigger figures - and those are the kinds of deals which will get casual fans in.

The rest of it comes down to scheduling and annoyingly, on field performance.

carcharias

Immortal
I actually think the growth in part could be a case of older generations not being members.
My parents weren’t.
Then my generation becoming members as young adults ( 10 years ago ) and now we’ve signed our kids up as well.
I know in my case
3 mates as single members are now 9 members.

flash

Juniors
When logging in and out of the Panthers Membership site, 19,733 is shown briefly before the pictures load over it. Not sure if that's any indication.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Disagree...

The first big membership push should obviously be about turning hard-core fans into members. Rather than fans just deciding week-to-week if they will attend, make them commit well in advance.

Once there is a solid regular attendence of 15-20k, then selling to casual fans becomes much easier, "look at what your missing out on. this is the place to be".

I also remember DSmith saying at one point that pre-2012 membership had something like 30%yearly turnover (if a club had 9K members, they might get 3K new members every year but lose just as many from the last year). I think the NRL mostly sells itself, the big difference seems to be proper engagement to encourage renewals.

Timmah

Staff member
When logging in and out of the Panthers Membership site, 19,733 is shown briefly before the pictures load over it. Not sure if that's any indication.
Nope, that's last years counter and has been mentioned previously.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Disagree entirely, single game membership offers are very popular among clubs - particularly the ones with bigger figures - and those are the kinds of deals which will get casual fans in.

The rest of it comes down to scheduling and annoyingly, on field performance.

The NRL's strat plan (lol) mentions "Support NRL clubs in developing increased and exciting game day experiences for fans" anyone see anything during 2018 season reflecting this? The better the experience of attending the less a loss deters you from coming back next week.

sempmrh

Juniors
The goal should be to push reduced game memberships to the casuals and try to upsell them the following year. Just getting fans into the system is a win.

Quicksilver

Bench
The NRL's strat plan (lol) mentions "Support NRL clubs in developing increased and exciting game day experiences for fans" anyone see anything during 2018 season reflecting this? The better the experience of attending the less a loss deters you from coming back next week.

They played some loud noise over the PA system which was very exciting. I hear they do that in the NBA.

Spot On

Coach
That 'exciting game day experience' line is up there with that other marvellous piece of propaganda - 'partners in the game'.

Absolute fluff.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
One game memberships feels a bit AFLish to me, good luck to them for selling them and getting people to games but it feels like a way to fudge your membership figure.

Valheru

Coach
Sharks are advertising $190 per adult for GA for all12 games.
That includes merch vouchers and membership pack.
Less than $16 per game.

No idea what other clubs are charging.
Sounds pretty good.

Ours is $150 but that is for only 9 games this year (10 last year) which also works out to be approx. $16 a game.

carcharias

Immortal
Ours is $150 but that is for only 9 games this year (10 last year) which also works out to be approx. $16 a game.
Do you guys get the mech vouchers and membership pack as well?

It’s a great deal I reckon.

I’m in a seat and got a $30 voucher plus a soft esky that could hold 20 cans.
About $20 per game.
Family pass.
2 adults
2 kids
2 x $30 voucher
2 x $15 voucher
4x esky
Plus other crap ( lanyards and stickers etc)
4 vouchers = $90 worth of merch and 80 cans :thumbsup:

As a joke / grow the game, I started giving kids in my family and circle of friends memberships as Xmas presents.

Now, most of them still get them because of the kids members gear they get and they can go to games with their folks or at least 1-2 times a year, we go as a group.

Killed me to get the Roosters one - ha ha, but at the end of the day, the little lady is now a fan and it gives the Chooks a chance to develop her in to a full time fan and me in to another RL fan. Plus she got to sling shit at me twice in ten days after PF and GF...and as a nine year old, I had to take it from her and just smile. Win, win, lol@souffs, ha!

Latest posts