What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

sempmrh

Juniors
The difference between the Sharks and Hull Black Panther jerseys is that the Sharks jersey is supposed to look like Black Panther’s suit - which is what you’d expect from something like this - while the Hull jersey is just artwork of the character. All the teams did that that year which takes an already silly concept and makes it worse.

I think my favourite Marvel jersey was Hulk bursting out of the Raiders jersey. I almost bought one but decided I didn’t want to fall in a hole of buying other clubs jerseys, too.

thorson1987

Coach
The difference between the Sharks and Hull Black Panther jerseys is that the Sharks jersey is supposed to look like Black Panther’s suit - which is what you’d expect from something like this - while the Hull jersey is just artwork of the character. All the teams did that that year which takes an already silly concept and makes it worse.

I think my favourite Marvel jersey was Hulk bursting out of the Raiders jersey. I almost bought one but decided I didn’t want to fall in a hole of buying other clubs jerseys, too.

I bought our Thor one because it was Thor. Wouldn't have bothered if we had a different character.

sempmrh

Juniors
I bought our Thor one because it was Thor. Wouldn't have bothered if we had a different character.
Oh yeah, I have the Thor jersey - and the Batman and Superman ones (I haven’t counted in a while but I have well over 50 jerseys in the collection). The fact that the Cowboys wore a Thor jersey before us made it a little less special. Obviously Thor makes the most sense character-wise but in the comics Hawkeye wears purple. Would have suited us much better from a purely design standpoint.

gzerounian

Juniors
NBL havel only just released the away jerseys for sale to the public. King's away looks so much better than home but I think the NBL rules state that the home team must be dark. I wonder why they held off on selling the away until late in the season? Did the previous manufacturers sell away jerseys?

sempmrh

Juniors
NBL havel only just released the away jerseys for sale to the public. King's away looks so much better than home but I think the NBL rules state that the home team must be dark. I wonder why they held off on selling the away until late in the season? Did the previous manufacturers sell away jerseys?
You were already able to purchase away jerseys (for United at least) - they're just selling them on the First Ever NBL store now. United had a "white out" game a little while back and were pushing away jerseys pretty hard.

And yes, previous manufacturers sold away jerseys (again, for United at least - I can't speak for all teams).

IMG_20190117_210610.thumb.jpg.b982c0f58d5dde66bebfd7c4019b0afe.jpg

OLDHAM

gzerounian

Juniors
You were already able to purchase away jerseys (for United at least) - they're just selling them on the First Ever NBL store now. United had a "white out" game a little while back and were pushing away jerseys pretty hard.

And yes, previous manufacturers sold away jerseys (again, for United at least - I can't speak for all teams).
Kings away definitely hadn't been available until now.

sempmrh

Juniors
Kings away definitely hadn't been available until now.
I would rather the Kings wear yellow all the time so each team has a unique colour. Too many teams wear dark colours - two in black, two in navy, one in blue, one in purple. All very similar, especially in a league with only eight teams. I believe the Phoenix will be wearing black at home despite having a pretty unique shade of green as one of their colours - so there's another one. Cairns and Perth are the only teams that really stand out.

As a side note, while I was over in Perth for the NRL double header last year I managed to make it to a Wildcats v. 36ers finals game. I was amazed by the support the Wildcats get. The amount of red I saw on the way to the arena was unbelievable and unlike anything I've seen at United games. Even the atmosphere was unreal. Despite basketball drawing crowds in Melbourne I question the actual support for the team itself - not so in Perth.

gzerounian

Juniors
I would rather the Kings wear yellow all the time so each team has a unique colour. Too many teams wear dark colours - two in black, two in navy, one in blue, one in purple. All very similar, especially in a league with only eight teams. I believe the Phoenix will be wearing black at home despite having a pretty unique shade of green as one of their colours - so there's another one. Cairns and Perth are the only teams that really stand out.

As a side note, while I was over in Perth for the NRL double header last year I managed to make it to a Wildcats v. 36ers finals game. I was amazed by the support the Wildcats get. The amount of red I saw on the way to the arena was unbelievable and unlike anything I've seen at United games. Even the atmosphere was unreal. Despite basketball drawing crowds in Melbourne I question the actual support for the team itself - not so in Perth.
I totally agree with the yellow for Kings.. Specially with them having a white and a black away/alternate Jersey in previous years. I am sure the NBL stipulates the home needs to be dark. Yellow looks so good.
Wildcats are amazing. I could be wrong but they hold an unbelievable sport record where they haven't missed a playoff in 30 odd years or something

Nuke

Staff member
Wildcats are amazing. I could be wrong but they hold an unbelievable sport record where they haven't missed a playoff in 30 odd years or something
Yeah, it's something like that. I think it's some kind of world record. At least in basketball circles.

And in regards to the Wildcats level of support, coming from someone who lives in Perth, there isn't much else over here. In summer, they've got the Wildcats who, as mentioned, haven't missed a finals series in about 30 years ... longer than a lot of their supporters and players lifespans (and West Aussies love a bandwagon), they've got the Scorchers for a couple of months who seem to get a lot of support, and they have Perth Glory soccer. I'm guessing they're not doing so well this year because I barely hear anything about them. But that's it. Nothing else.

Well. there is the Perth Heat baseball ... but has anyone cared about the ABL (if that's even what it's called anymore?) since the 1990s?!

Haffa

they have Perth Glory soccer. I'm guessing they're not doing so well this year because I barely hear anything about them. But that's it. Nothing else.
3 points clear on top of the ladder with a game in hand. Look favourites to win it.

sempmrh

Juniors
A0428676-F7C4-4695-8789-6999CCC2E249.jpg

It’s ok. It fits all the criteria that we usually bang on about - simple design, well executed etc.

I’m underwhelmed though- its a bit uninspiring.

At the very least would rather the bands of white stripes were thinner

But not feeling this. Hope the home isn’t just the inverse.

It’s basically a recycled ISC design.

458688CB-9E1C-44E8-A35F-3EC7414909A0.jpeg

That said, I quite like it.

LineBall

Juniors
50882501_2147207508635020_5292364315377008640_o.jpg

Looks like Wigan are going with gold numbers this season.

Who honestly thought that Gold on White would be a good idea? They need black numbers. Also their opposition on the today really needs white numbers. Black on Dark red isn't great either.