What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
There won’t be any spare change from that, I dare say TPJ would command a higher salary than one of the twins.

I’d rather recruit a back rower, keep the twins, lose a 3/4 on a high salary and develop from with in there.
Sutton, Turner and others are also off contract so their coin will also be available.
I think signing Pangai for 2020 is a priority.
A back row of Pangai, Murray and Sam would be lethal!!!!

Pablooo

Juniors
No he was on a Development contract so not included in Salary Cap I think.

I don’t know how often they update our top 30 on the website but he’s still there. I’ve noticed they’ve added Denniss to make up the 30 within the last week.

I dare say he is on minimum wage of $100k and was part of our top 30. Jennings only wanted Approx another 100k to stay so anything is possible.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Juniors
I personally would have preferred Greg to retire from rep football at the start of this season rather at the end of it. This would have him focus solely on #22 and more importantly at less risk with injuries. It would give him 2 years to knuckle down and do what he does best without the added pressure of representation.

Anyhow it's not what I want but more what the big fella wants and needs to do. Good luck to you Greg let's hope your decision brings out the best football you can possibly play for Club, State and Country.

callmack1

Staff member
George Burgess knocks back Eels offer: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23...ffer-will-remain-with-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Wow, this is very surprising news to be honest as there were no rumours about this at all. Oh well, stoked that he's staying with us as it shows the kind of position the club is in and the environment the team has. george could have easily signed with parra by the sound of it but chose to stay which is great!

ThingFish

Juniors
George Burgess knocks back Eels offer: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23...ffer-will-remain-with-south-sydney-rabbitohs/

Wow, this is very surprising news to be honest as there were no rumours about this at all. Oh well, stoked that he's staying with us as it shows the kind of position the club is in and the environment the team has. george could have easily signed with parra by the sound of it but chose to stay which is great!
The real interesting question is: Would we have let him go, if he asked for a release? Also will be interesting if we offer new contracts this year.

callmack1

Staff member
The real interesting question is: Would we have let him go, if he asked for a release? Also will be interesting if we offer new contracts this year.
I'm not sure to be honest, I don't think we would've.

Hopefully George can have a good year and earn a new contract.

Pablooo

Juniors

All part of Wayne’s strategy to get the players motivated to be part of his new regime. Letting the players know they can test the market for new contracts and leave if they want will send a message that no one is bigger than the club or cause. George‘s stats are not worth his pay grade and need a reving up plus this approach will put to bed the Burgess stronghold rumor hanging over the club.

themacemaceman

Juniors

I think we would have let him go.
It’s all about cap Managment these days and this seems to be the trend to let guys go a year early and free up some space to then be in the market to target other players coming off contract.