What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict 2019's retirees

carcharias

Immortal
Inglis was the best player to play the game for a brief moment in time.
An absolute machine.
I loved watching him run over Soward.
Good times.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Blake Ferguson, Amos Roberts and Jarryd Hayne to retire from the NRL and take up positions as Imams.

I cannot believe the Rabbitohs are just going to cop two more years of Inglis sleepwalking out there & getting paid top coin to do it.

I realise he’s under contract, but the fact the club didn’t even try to use his DUI as an excuse to terminate his deal struck me as utter lunacy. It’s not just that he’s washed up (if he even is), it’s his attitude. He is perfectly content for guys like Latrell Mitchell & Joey Manu to walk all over him, so long as he’s getting paid.

The Bunnies’ll be lucky to get four or five memorable performances out of him these next 24 months.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Their wingers will be busy this season if GI does go to fullback and wattles across field to hand off to one of them on each kick return until he the chasing team has a broken line he can find some space in

Saxon

Bench
Not sure that it counts as a retirement, but I think we've seen the last of Hayne. Even if he's found not guilty of his merkin munching madness, I reckon you can stick a fork in him - he's done.

Another one like Inglis - super talented, but no work ethic.
Far more naturally gifted than (say) Slater, Minichello, Stewart or Lockyer but lazy as f**k.

King hit

Coach
Inglis never reached his total potential as a player imo. Don't get me wrong when he was in form he was a sight to behold and one of the most athletic gifted players of his time and achieved a lot but I thought he was lazy and didn't produce it as much as he should have/could have. Lyon and Hodges were way more consistent and ripped in every time they took the field. It was an easy decision to move him on from the Storm and Melbourne haven't missed him. If he had more of a work ethic he would've been considered as an immortal of the game.

carcharias

Immortal
Inglis never reached his total potential as a player imo. Don't get me wrong when he was in form he was a sight to behold and one of the most athletic gifted players of his time and achieved a lot but I thought he was lazy and didn't produce it as much as he should have/could have. Lyon and Hodges were way more consistent and ripped in every time they took the field. It was an easy decision to move him on from the Storm and Melbourne haven't missed him. If he had more of a work ethic he would've been considered as an immortal of the game.

Huh?
Won every single thing there was to win plus got Souths a premiership.

Played busted for years too.

simmo05

Bench
Everyone seems to refer to him as atheletically gifted. What does that actually mean? Most players would be athletically gifted, or they wouldnt be there. Great player, though not one of the greats.

mozza91

Coach
Has waned over the last few years but was a great player at his peak.

Close to Queensland’s most dominant player over the last 15 years. Ruined a few player’s careers by giving them an absolute bath at Origin level.

Last edited:

Saxon

Bench
Huh?
Won every single thing there was to win plus got Souths a premiership.

Played busted for years too.
I'm reliably informed he still holds a grudge that he wasn't made first choice fullback at Storm.
Craig Bellamy once said something along the lines of; "If Greg had the work ethic of Billy Slater he might be the best player the game has ever seen. But he doesn't, and that's why Bill is our fullback".

carcharias

Immortal
I'm reliably informed he still holds a grudge that he wasn't made first choice fullback at Storm.
Craig Bellamy once said something along the lines of; "If Greg had the work ethic of Billy Slater he might be the best player the game has ever seen. But he doesn't, and that's why Bill is our fullback".

What a merkin of position poor lying salary cap cheating ( without punishment) Bellamy must’ve had to deal with.

Billy or Inglis at fullback????

Spew.

Saxon

Bench
What a merkin of position poor lying salary cap cheating ( without punishment) Bellamy must’ve had to deal with.

Billy or Inglis at fullback????

Spew.
I'd take you seriously if you didn't support a club of drug cheats where the coach has been kicked out of the comp for cheating while he was disqualified for cheating.
Your mates shouldn't let mates drink and post.