What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI Announces Retirement Plan

callmack1

Staff member
Greg Inglis to retire from the NRL at the end of the 2020 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...e-from-the-nrl-at-the-end-of-the-2020-season/

Wow, massive news and to be honest I'm in shock. I mean, I knew he only had a couple of years left but to actually get the announcement has left me in shock!! Only two years left for one of the all time greats and despite him being only around nine years older then me, he's been a massive idol of mine for a long time.

Hopefully this really puts some fire in his belly and he gives it his absolute all over the next two years. I also have to say, well done to GI for announcing it this early. It gives the club time to prepare and develop someone to step into his role not only in his position on the field but also as the next captain of our club.

I'm also thrilled that he's going to stick with us once his career finishes up. This club is his home.

Really? It’s a shock?

I’m not exaggerating when I say he is arguably not even NRL standard anymore. He should have retired yesterday, he’s so disinterested in actually working for his money.

I could not believe it when the Bunnies didn’t even try to use what happened with that DUI as an excuse to terminate his contract. Joey Manu making him look like a reserve-grader in the GFQ should’ve been the club’s wake-up call.

He will sleepwalk his way through the next two years (just as he has the past two) & the Rabbitohs will continue to pay through the nose for it. Madness.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Really? It’s a shock?

I’m not exaggerating when I say he is arguably not even NRL standard anymore. He should have retired yesterday, he’s so disinterested in actually working for his money.

I could not believe it when the Bunnies didn’t even try to use what happened with that DUI as an excuse to terminate his contract. Joey Manu making him look like a reserve-grader in the GFQ should’ve been the club’s wake-up call.

He will sleepwalk his way through the next two years (just as he has the past two) & the Rabbitohs will continue to pay through the nose for it. Madness.
Manu made Mitchell look like reserve grader as well.

ThingFish

Juniors
Will be great to see GI give a full year to the club in 2020, with no rep footy. We will defenetly be in the recruitment market for 2021.

Would be great to see the club rise to give GI a send off to remember. Absolute champion.

He was smashing it at the end of last season, let’s hope he finishes his career with the same attitude.

Pommy

Coach
Really? It’s a shock?

Not even NRL standard, made Roos captain. Seems legit.

250excf

Juniors
Really? It’s a shock?

So current Rabbitohs club captain,current Qld SOO Captain and was given Australian. Captaincy till he stuffed up
You obviously have choked on too many lates you clueless git

So current Rabbitohs club captain,current Qld SOO Captain and was given Australian. Captaincy till he stuffed up
You obviously have choked on too many lates you clueless git

Souths had their season ended by a 12-man team without a halfback, Queensland lost the Origin, & Inglis was chosen on name alone to captain Australia. He stood & watched his team lose to Easts.

Oh, & what’s a late?

Hey late man have you noticed the difference in age with which comes loads of extra games and a huge toll on the body and mind ............derrrr

It’s one thing to be physically washed up, that’s fair enough. It’s another to bludge out on the wing counting your money & not even attempt to compete.

Not that I can’t see the bright side, mind. Will enjoy watching Manu run all over him again this year.

Look I’m not GI’s biggest fan you can read previous posts of mine and you would see the same.
But to say he isn’t NRL standard and yet was picked to captain Australia on name (Despite his name just being associated with woman bashing for the majority) makes no sense.

It’s an exaggeration to say he’s not NRL standard, but he’s certainly been picked on reputation, not form, for some time now.

250excf

Juniors
It’s an exaggeration to say he’s not NRL standard, but he’s certainly been picked on reputation, not form, for some time now.
So you stated your not exaggerating ,now your stating you are ,look just F off you moron ,you are the typical arrogant wanker that most roosters fans are known for well done for living up to that reputation ,now run along back to rosters forum you stirring tool

So you stated your not exaggerating ,now your stating you are ,look just F off you moron ,you are the typical arrogant wanker that most roosters fans are known for well done for living up to that reputation ,now run along back to rosters forum you stirring tool

Wow. 2018 still hurting?

callmack1

Staff member

Latest posts