What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

shiznit

Coach
Finally got to watch Bumblebee...

By far the least amount of action and explosions of the entire franchise... and by far the best film in the franchise.

I loved it... the story... the music... the transformers themselves... it all brought me back to being 7yrs old sitting in front of the TV watching G1.

My partner and kids just couldn’t get why I started geeking out when he played ‘you got the touch’ for her in one scene... :joy::joy:

I’m hoping this film does well enough that the build it back up like they did the X-Men series and Bumblebee will be X-Men’s version of First Class.

How great was it that they were distinctive enough that you could really see them fight... and they weren’t some sorta metal mash up which was ridiculous to try and keep up with...

It made the best transformers combat scenes of the series IMO....

Watched Bad Times At The El Royale .
Very Tarantino like in the story telling.
Good story ..good cast ..
Working out who is good ..who is bad ..who will survive is not easy .
7.5/10
Jeff Bridges is his usual brilliant self .

King hit

Coach
About to see Mary Poppins with mum. Haven’t seen it yet but just want to have a quick rant.

I just got a medium Coke Zero and was going to get some snickers pods but all up it would have cost $15 so I just got the coke instead. Ridiculous that a drink and a snack costs almost $20, that’s how much a ticket and snacks costs me at Southbank or any cineplex. No wonder me and my mates go there all the time. Ridiculous how highly they price things at cinemas.

About to see Mary Poppins with mum. Haven’t seen it yet but just want to have a quick rant.

I just got a medium Coke Zero and was going to get some snickers pods but all up it would have cost $15 so I just got the coke instead. Ridiculous that a drink and a snack costs almost $20, that’s how much a ticket and snacks costs me at Southbank or any cineplex. No wonder me and my mates go there all the time. Ridiculous how highly they price things at cinemas.

It’s pretty noticeable. In an era where their competition (home streaming) is getting more & more capable, as well.

axl rose

Bench

Yeah though apparently they make bugger all on the ticket sales these days. Funny seeing kids paying ludicrous prices for junk food and there is a Woolworths about 1 minute walk away. Without it though the smaller cinemas are bust. Most around my area already went under over the last 10 years.

giphy.gif

King hit

Coach
Yeah though apparently they make bugger all on the ticket sales these days. Funny seeing kids paying ludicrous prices for junk food and there is a Woolworths about 1 minute walk away. Without it though the smaller cinemas are bust. Most around my area already went under over the last 10 years.

giphy.gif

I usually do that but I didn’t have the time to go to Woolworths this time.

Iafeta

Referee
Instant Family. Expected the typical overly easy to see comedy ruse for Wahlberg but this was very well balanced. Yes, some cheeky laughs, but damn it if half the cinema at least wasn’t welling up. Quite a good story this tbf. I would suggest will be seriously under patronised at the cinemas but I feel it’s a pretty good effort.

Isabela Moner I felt performed very well.

Timbo

Staff member
Sorry To Bother You

Absurdist black-comedy dealing with capitalism. An African-American telemarketer adopts a 'white' voice to be more effective at sales and then some other stuff happens - which I honestly couldn't explain properly if I tried. I really enjoyed it.

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched "Glass" last night. The good news is that similar to "Venom", the reviewers gave this movie too hard of a time. I enjoyed it and it was well worth watching. Jackson was his usual excellent self, McAvoy remarkable once again. Willis just seemed to phone his performance in though.

I will say that you must watch "Split" and "Unbreakable" before you watch this movie. I do like to hear interactions of people once the credits roll....they give you a very definite vibe on how effective the movie was. The vibe was one of confusion....as most of the crowd would have been in their twenties, I doubt many of them would have watched "Unbreakable" as it came out when most of them would have been in primary school.

The verdict....I give it a solid three out of five. Not as creepy and good as "Split" and not as tidy as "Unbreakable". It is a touch weird in parts but I enjoyed it overall.

I watched "Glass" last night. The good news is that similar to "Venom", the reviewers gave this movie too hard of a time. I enjoyed it and it was well worth watching. Jackson was his usual excellent self, McAvoy remarkable once again. Willis just seemed to phone his performance in though.

I will say that you must watch "Split" and "Unbreakable" before you watch this movie. I do like to hear interactions of people once the credits roll....they give you a very definite vibe on how effective the movie was. The vibe was one of confusion....as most of the crowd would have been in their twenties, I doubt many of them would have watched "Unbreakable" as it came out when most of them would have been in primary school.

The verdict....I give it a solid three out of five. Not as creepy and good as "Split" and not as tidy as "Unbreakable". It is a touch weird in parts but I enjoyed it overall.

I’m still in two minds about whether to see it. Reviews have been strongly mixed, & I adore Unbreakable but did not care for Split.

Wizardman

First Grade
I’m still in two minds about whether to see it. Reviews have been strongly mixed, & I adore Unbreakable but did not care for Split.

I think you'd remember back in the day that "Unbreakable" did not get great reviews either. It has got more love over the years than it did when it was originally released. I never expected a sequel to it, especially back then when it received poor reviews.

To me, it is an even mix between the two. I would caution that the Willis performance looked a bit flat to me. If you could tolerate Split and think it is okay (like myself), go and watch it. If you disliked Split, wait for it to come on dvd.

Wizardman

First Grade
Was annnoying really expecting some sort of effort from willis? Been retired for the last decade
That would have frustrated the director. Willis deadset phoned that performance in. He looked like he just rocked up, said some lines and went home everyday. I watched "Unbreakable" again the night before....completely different performance.
Willis is not an Oscar winning standard actor but he can act.

PJ

First Grade
Old Man and the Gun. Slow, plodding and fairly predictable. Redford should have let All is Lost be his finale. 6/10. One very good scene in the bathroom

Bad Times at El Royale. Tarantino lite. Watchable with a couple of twists but I found it obvious who would make it out. Couple of big leap of faith moments. Bellboy story arc was my favorite probably. 7/10

Apostle. Had been looking forward to this, then put it off after hearing a few bad things. Should have kept it off. 5/10

Latest posts