What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne Join SGI In 2019

DragonJ

Juniors
Well there was a poster here, name of SaintMar .. he loved mitch rein - couldn’t stop talking about him .. right up to the moment rein was flicked and SaintMar was never seen here again ...
Was this addressed to me? I got an Alert saying it was but you deleted my quote which seems strange.

Want to talk about Mitch Rein? If he could pass from dummy half, he would have been a top class player. One of the best No.9s in the competition. Alas, he couldn't. Which made him barely NRL standard.

BLM01

First Grade
Was this addressed to me? I got an Alert saying it was but you deleted my quote which seems strange.

Want to talk about Mitch Rein? If he could pass from dummy half, he would have been a top class player. One of the best No.9s in the competition. Alas, he couldn't. Which made him barely NRL standard.

Top class?..Do you want to also add his below par kicking game and poor choices when to go alone and when to pass...(i.e. listen to playmakers calls)
But tough bugger & defender and did score a couple of solo tries (1 from about 30-40m)
He is where he belongs, fringe and back up to a NRL standard hooker,

Last edited:

DragonJ

Juniors
Top class?..Do you want to also add his below par kicking game and poor choices when to go alone and when to pass...(i.e. listen to playmakers calls)
But tough bugger & defender and did score a couple of solo tries (1 from about 30-40m)
He is where he belongs, fringe and back up to a NRL standard hooker,
Ok. Maybe "top class" was an exaggeration but "comfortably NRL standard" if he could pass even "not too badly" from dummy half.

Is there some specific reason you want to talk to me about Mitch Rein? I'm glad he is gone.

BLM01

First Grade
Ok. Maybe "top class" was an exaggeration but "comfortably NRL standard" if he could pass even "not too badly" from dummy half.

Is there some specific reason you want to talk to me about Mitch Rein? I'm glad he is gone.
Nah. Why?. I said what I had to say in reply to the "Top Class player" comment as you brought it up.

DragonJ

Juniors
Nah. Why?. I said what I had to say in reply to the "Top Class player" comment as you brought it up.
Ok. Well you brought Mitch Rein up previously. Anyway, doesn't matter. I'm happy with McInnes. His running game isn't as good as Mitch's but every other facet of his game is better, or far better. But I still think it may be time to trade him for a 'fast' outside back and have Robson take over.

possm

Coach
Ok. Well you brought Mitch Rein up previously. Anyway, doesn't matter. I'm happy with McInnes. His running game isn't as good as Mitch's but every other facet of his game is better, or far better. But I still think it may be time to trade him for a 'fast' outside back and have Robson take over.

I'd say McInnes is operating under instructions. I'm sure Mary values his defence and accurate passing game over his running game. So, I'm looking forward to seeing McInnes in rotation with Robson who has a very good running game.

Having a change in style during hooker rotation is a good thing and will add variety to our regular game plan.

BLM01

First Grade
Your confusing me with RufusRex I never brought him up....agrre with your thoughts but not yet. Robson & Mcinnes to share the role with Robbo learning. We need McInnes in the middle in defence ATM

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
i would like to see the follow usage plan for McInnes and Robson:

Stint 1 - 25minutes McInnes (Robson on Bench)
Stint 2 - 30 Minutes Robson (McInnes on Bench)
Stint 3 - 10 Minutes McInness Hooker, Robson Lock (DeBellin Rest)
Stint 4 - 15 Minutes McInness Hooker, Deblin Lock ( Robson Bench)

That's 3 of the interchanges used and giving rest to your hooker and Lock

With 4 interchanges for the props, you have 1 left but you have rested all you middle players.

Second Row as its played today is somewhat of a inside centre on both sides of the field so the fatigue is less than the middle players.

DragonJ

Juniors
Your confusing me with RufusRex I never brought him up....agrre with your thoughts but not yet. Robson & Mcinnes to share the role with Robbo learning. We need McInnes in the middle in defence ATM
Sorry, you're right. It would be great to carry both of them but FFS, who are going to be our wingers? Aitken and Pereira? In that case we would be better off putting Frizz on the wing because he will be the fastest guy in the team.

red rocket

Juniors
I'd say McInnes is operating under instructions. I'm sure Mary values his defence and accurate passing game over his running game. So, I'm looking forward to seeing McInnes in rotation with Robson who has a very good running game.

Having a change in style during hooker rotation is a good thing and will add variety to our regular game plan.
Robson is a really good player much in the same mould as dean young but bigger and he is by no means a running number 9 our best attacking hooker is hunt who will get time their this season when norman moves to 7

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry, you're right. It would be great to carry both of them but FFS, who are going to be our wingers? Aitken and Pereira? In that case we would be better off putting Frizz on the wing because he will be the fastest guy in the team.
You got 1 right Periera. Lomax will start on the other wing me thinks as played there in Junior Roos. Not my preferred outcome re Lomax but I think that is how we will start Round 1.

possm

Coach

I'd like to see Pearson and Ravalawa mainly because of the speed factor and their size. Two young wingers who if they can step up, could both have very high try tallies in 2019.

With the likes of Widdop, Norman, Hunt, Lomax and Lafai delivering crisp and accurate passes to these two speedsters, I feel sure not only will we be competitive this season, we will have a very good chance of winning it.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I have heard that the idea of Hayne joining SGI in 2019 is not a dead deal. If the right circumstances come about, it is quite possible Millward would re-visit his desire to sign Hayne:
1. Hayne is clear of the latest criminal charges he faces in Australia.
2. Widdop is injured and decides to exit early or just wants to leave early.
3. De Belin decides it in the clubs best interest for him to request the termination of his contract.
4. Dufty has not progress to resolve his skill shortfalls.
5. Salary cap becomes available mainly due to the above 1-4 points coming to effect.

Hayne, De Belin and Norman in the same team!- lock up your daughters Dragons fans.

DragonJ

Juniors
I'd like to see Pearson and Ravalawa mainly because of the speed factor and their size. Two young wingers who if they can step up, could both have very high try tallies in 2019.

With the likes of Widdop, Norman, Hunt, Lomax and Lafai delivering crisp and accurate passes to these two speedsters, I feel sure not only will we competitive this season, we will have a very good chance of winning it.
possm, what can i say. I really hope you are right. Could well be the difference between a premiership and a bottom third of the table finish. With genuine speed and power on the wings, this is a very serious team. Without, the slowest team in the history of professional RL.

possm

Coach
possm, what can i say. I really hope you are right. Could well be the difference between a premiership and a bottom third of the table finish. With genuine speed and power on the wings, this is a very serious team. Without, the slowest team in the history of professional RL.

With these two young and speedy wingers, we will have speed and size however, we will not have a ton of experience. So it will be up to the likes of Widdop, Norman, Hunt and our two centres to feed these wingers with early and quality ball so that they can use their speed to find the line. Hopefully not the sideline!

You know if either player does not work out, we can revert to the likes of Pereira, Maranta, etc. and say goodbye to our 2019 grand final opportunity.