What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seemingly Inexplicable Scenes...

Wizardman

First Grade
I'm an M. Night Supporter but he makes it hard......

I appreciate that he goes for broke on unique and original movies and has made some genuinely great movies.

But then he has made some absolute shockers.

I personally love 6th Sense, Unbreakable and Signs.

I liked The visit and Split (And hopefully Glass)

I appreciated what he tried to do with the lady in the water & the village but they didn't land for me

The rest..... really not good although the happening does make me laugh in a "the room" kind of way, which I am still convinced he was trolling and did it deliberately.

But on the basis of this thread, I think there's a WTF scene in every movie from 2002 - 2010 from Mr
Shyamalan

I'll always watch Shyamalan because he has a crack.

The Sixth Sense: 5 out of 5...great...did not predict the twist despite many saying they had.
Unbreakable: 5/5 I liked it as much as Sixth Sense...did not get as much love elsewhere.
Signs: 4/5 Great movie, not a classic like the other two.

The Visit: 3/5 Entertaining and creepy....not quite like the big three.
Split: 3/5 Creepy.

The Village: 2/5 Very, very average.

Never saw the ones he got slammed for.

T-Boon

Coach
In the movie Die Hard 2 there is a scene in the air traffic control room where the african american air traffic controller is frantically explaining the situation as he sees it (planes are about to drop out of the sky unless we do something) and he ends by saying what I always thought was "...and in that monitor's a dahm..."
which made literally no sense to the movie or anything else he had just said. Every time I watched it there after it affected my enjoyment of the movie until at uni someone explained to me the line was "and inlet monitors are down" which, yep, made complete sense.

In the movie Die Hard 2 there is a scene in the air traffic control room where the african american air traffic controller is frantically explaining the situation as he sees it (planes are about to drop out of the sky unless we do something) and he ends by saying what I always thought was "...and in that monitor's a dahm..."
which made literally no sense to the movie or anything else he had just said. Every time I watched it there after it affected my enjoyment of the movie until at uni someone explained to me the line was "and inlet monitors are down" which, yep, made complete sense.

Well at least you have your closure :rofl:

I’m still waiting for Joel Schumacher & Alex Garland to explain the scenes I mentioned LOL.

Cobra

All of it. What were the villains doing? The ending?

Cobra makes no f**king sense at all but apparently two hours of film was cut just to bung it out.

I remember watching it when I was ten because Stallone films were cool in the mid 80s. I think afterwards my mum saw it and was OMG and WTF have I done??

Incorrect

Coach
I love that scene in The Big Lebowski where The Dude is at Jackie Treehorns House and when he's left alone in the lounge room after Treehorn leaves for a moment after writing something down in his notepad... The Dude tries to see if he can find out what Treehorn wrote in the notepad by shading the page and reading the indentation.... And it just turns out to be a picture of a bloke with a massive boner... Its a quirky movie and while maybe not inexplicable, it is a kind of WTF moment... Lol!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
There’s a scene in under siege that was a running gag between me and my brother growing up. Segal sneaks into a life boat to talk on a radio and when he is finished he does this hand thing where it is flat vertical like a chop and does a sliding hover over the top of the radio for no apparent reason.

There’s a scene in under siege that was a running gag between me and my brother growing up. Segal sneaks into a life boat to talk on a radio and when he is finished he does this hand thing where it is flat vertical like a chop and does a sliding hover over the top of the radio for no apparent reason.

This needs a GIF, stat.

nöyd

Staff member
I have pillaged the internet finding a clip and or explanation and haven’t been able to find a mention of it
giphy.gif

nöyd

Staff member
Some sort of SEAL jedi shit?

When I made the gif, (which was a real pain in the ass), I named the raw file "wtf.gif" lol

Latest posts