What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ten best full backs of the NRL era

JJ

Immortal
If there's a party you have to invite Kevin Locke

WFT, Albert, no Sam Tompkins?

Tommy Smith

Referee
If I had to rate them...

Slater
Lockyer
Minichiello
Tedesco
Inglis
*edit* forgot Darius Boyd
Bowen
Stewart
Tuivasa Sheck
Hayne
Barba

Teddy is on a massive upwards trajectory under Robbo and could finish as no.2. He's killing it at all levels of the game in both attack and defence.

And Ponga could usurp them all but it looks like he'll end up at 5/8.

Then there's Holmes and Munster who for presently obvious reasons don't rate a mention but could in 5-6 years.

Surely the greatest position in the NRL era in terms of depth of star power.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Four of the 10 played for the Roosters. Admirable restraint.

I'd have Michael Gordon for Inglis (making 5 Roosters!), whose best footy was at centre.

Can't believe you didn't mention wesser.

Anyway
1 lockyer
2 Boyd
3 hunt

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rhys Wesser yet to rate a mention? Guy was electric from 2002-2006.

Wesser is more deserving then Mullins IMO. Brett had one dynamic year (94), then 2-3 decent ones. Sure his on year was phenomenal, however the fact that he has a few tries still featured on highlight reels seems to have made people think his career was a lot better then it was.

Rhys was more consistent over a longer time period for mine.

Edwahu

Bench
Wesser is more deserving then Mullins IMO. Brett had one dynamic year (94), then 2-3 decent ones. Sure his on year was phenomenal, however the fact that he has a few tries still featured on highlight reels seems to have made people think his career was a lot better then it was.

Rhys was more consistent over a longer time period for mine.

Wesser was a bit of a one year wonder as much as Mullins was. He played in mostly dud sides outside of 2003 and never had as much impact, and even in 2003 he wasn't the best fullback in the game.

You could rank him ahead in the NRL era but that's about it.

Last edited:

cooko

Juniors
Had Anthony Minichiello not injured himself in Kangaroo Camp 2006 Karmichael Hunt wouldn’t have come into the squad. Hunt is then injured in 2008 opening the door for Billy Slater.

Does a fully fit Minichiello who was the Golden Boot winner in 2005 keep Hunt and Slater out of the Australian team for the next 5 years?

Latest posts