What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

dragonssamy61

First Grade
6ft 6 100kg
Taller and heavier than any back in our 30.
Do you mean muscle, wouldnt want him being too much heavier.

George
spot on.
He needs to develop a bit of upper body strength.
But you are correct needs to stay around the same weight.
It will happen now he is a full time training.
Toupo at the roosters is 196cm and 105 kg and cory oates is 192cm 105kg.
So he will be about the same build.

Belta

Juniors
Is 6f 6 too tall ? It ultimately hindered Paul Hauff but he was a stick.He may be fast but with that height would it hinder his acceleration ? Usain Bolt may disagree !

I find it interesting that Saabs build is not too dissimilar to Brett Mullins (who was192cm). Mullins scored many a length of the field try by, schreding the defensive line with his lanky swerving running style. Saab is 6f 6 (198cm) so Saab is taller again but not by much. He may even turn into a dynamic fullback. Imagine a modern day Mullins schreding the defences apart.

Drag Queen

Bench
Is 6f 6 too tall ? It ultimately hindered Paul Hauff but he was a stick.He may be fast but with that height would it hinder his acceleration ? Usain Bolt may disagree !
Not sure, Nene was probably a similar height, give or take a couple of cm. He had approximately a 10-12 % weight advantage and was still quick. I'm surprised the Wallabies haven't nabbed him tbh. Could be the next Israel Folau.

Drag Queen

Bench
I find it interesting that Saabs build is not too dissimilar to Brett Mullins (who was192cm). Mullins scored many a length of the field try by, schreding the defensive line with his lanky swerving running style. Saab is 6f 6 (198cm) so Saab is taller again but not by much. He may even turn into a dynamic fullback. Imagine a modern day Mullins schreding the defences apart.
Very similar build to Tom Trbojevic Belta.

Belta

Juniors
Not sure, Nene was probably a similar height, give or take a couple of cm. He had approximately a 10-12 % weight advantage and was still quick. I'm surprised the Wallabies haven't nabbed him tbh. Could be the next Israel Folau.

Yeah I’m sure he’d create plenty of interest in the rugby circles. Nene spoke about setting a goal to play Origin this year for QLD. I think he is good enough if he has the motivation. At the Cowboys he’ll have a lot of current and former QLDers in his presence, he will also have a strong side this year. If he’s motivated he could have a big year.

George Dragon

Juniors
We have signed the next Brett Mullins.
James Schiller

Belta

Juniors
We have signed the next Brett Mullins.
James Schiller

Yep certainly another young tall athletic back in the wings, and from reports Schiller is a fullback, (6 ft 2) so as you say probably an even better Mullins comparison. Hope we get to see some of these in the not too distant future.

Carlton

Juniors
Yep certainly another young tall athletic back in the wings, and from reports Schiller is a fullback, (6 ft 2) so as you say probably an even better Mullins comparison. Hope we get to see some of these in the not too distant future.

Saab, Marsters, Schiller, Blacker, Lomax, Ravalawa, Robson there is some pretty good recruiting and retention in that group. Each of them looks like they will be more than just average first graders and they are all 20 or less. We also have Lovodua, Host, Ford, Coyne, Sailor. If, we can be ruthless with who we presevere with and replace the ones we are not convinced will make it, I think the future is looking better than it has for years.

possm

Coach

Yes he may very well turn out to be an excellent fullback; he does have the size. In any case we have another good young gun coming through most probably destined intitially for a wing position.

Drag Queen

Bench
Yeah I’m sure he’d create plenty of interest in the rugby circles. Nene spoke about setting a goal to play Origin this year for QLD. I think he is good enough if he has the motivation. At the Cowboys he’ll have a lot of current and former QLDers in his presence, he will also have a strong side this year. If he’s motivated he could have a big year.
Totally agree mate. He has the talent but has lacked the motivation at times. Let's see what Brennan can get out of him. Wish him well Xx

George Dragon

Juniors
Closer than you think, James is Bills grandson and Bretts nephew.

Drag Queen

Bench

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
Totally agree mate. He has the talent but has lacked the motivation at times. Let's see what Brennan can get out of him. Wish him well Xx

George Dragon

Juniors
Saab, Marsters, Schiller, Blacker, Lomax, Ravalawa, Robson there is some pretty good recruiting and retention in that group. Each of them looks like they will be more than just average first graders and they are all 20 or less. We also have Lovodua, Host, Ford, Coyne, Sailor. If, we can be ruthless with who we presevere with and replace the ones we are not convinced will make it, I think the future is looking better than it has for years.
Other kids to keep a eye on this year
SG Ball, Max and Matt Feagai, Aaron Schoupp, Jayden Sullivan Blake Dowel.
Flegg, Jalal Bazzaz, Ty Wishardt, Luke Gale, Shaun Sauni Esau.