What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand v India. 5 ODI's, 3 T20's. January/February 2019

Iafeta

Referee
Poor performance. But for mine it just extrapolates some of the problems that were coming to the surface against a very poor Sri Plodwaznka

Munro doesn’t have the temperament for 50 over cricket
Guptill has failed 4 times on the trot now
Boult has had one golden spell at home, the rest he’s plodded along
I genuinely believe Southee is becoming an also ran in 50 over cricket.

Team is still far too reliant on Taylor and Williamson.

Meth

Staff member
Didn't see the match as I was in the air for most of it, but it looks to be a very revealing result. Potentially helpful. Obviously, India are 2 classes above Sri Lanka and a class above us. This'll shatter delusions that we might have had that this mix of NZ team is a contender at the World Cup without problems being addressed.

JJ

Immortal
Didn't see the match as I was in the air for most of it, but it looks to be a very revealing result. Potentially helpful. Obviously, India are 2 classes above Sri Lanka and a class above us. This'll shatter delusions that we might have had that this mix of NZ team is a contender at the World Cup without problems being addressed.

Agree 100%

Munro has to go! Southee must be close... Bracewell looking the part, as he always has until he gets to the bar

15 man squad for W/C?

1. A.N Opener
2. M Guptill
3. K Williamson
4. L Taylor
5. T Latham
6 .H Nicholls
7. M Santner
8. D Bracewell
9. M Henry
10. L Ferguson
11. T Boult

12. J Neesham
13. T Southee
14. I Sodhi
15. C de Grandhomme

Guess the opener is between someone who's reliably a flop, but could get streaky (Munro), a younger talent who will likely struggle (Phillips, Worker) or an older stager who will likely be mediocre - (Worker, Devcich, Brownlie) - of course, I know full well they'll take Munro

Really want to see Henry and Bracewell play ahead of Southee for a few games. Neesham really should go, as should Colin - don't see that Anderson can force his was in this later, surely. Sodhi might be the #1 spinner, but personally I like a lineup with Bracewell at 8, if Sodhi plays I think they need to replace a quick with Neesham or Colin - makes the bowling shaky, but I think Doug is a bowling all-rounder, Jimmy and Colin batting all-rounders

Meth

Staff member
Agree 100%

Munro has to go! Southee must be close... Bracewell looking the part, as he always has until he gets to the bar

15 man squad for W/C?

1. A.N Opener
2. M Guptill
3. K Williamson
4. L Taylor
5. T Latham
6 .H Nicholls
7. M Santner
8. D Bracewell
9. M Henry
10. L Ferguson
11. T Boult

12. J Neesham
13. T Southee
14. I Sodhi
15. C de Grandhomme

Guess the opener is between someone who's reliably a flop, but could get streaky (Munro), a younger talent who will likely struggle (Phillips, Worker) or an older stager who will likely be mediocre - (Worker, Devcich, Brownlie) - of course, I know full well they'll take Munro

Really want to see Henry and Bracewell play ahead of Southee for a few games. Neesham really should go, as should Colin - don't see that Anderson can force his was in this later, surely. Sodhi might be the #1 spinner, but personally I like a lineup with Bracewell at 8, if Sodhi plays I think they need to replace a quick with Neesham or Colin - makes the bowling shaky, but I think Doug is a bowling all-rounder, Jimmy and Colin batting all-rounders

I previously suggested Worker. He should get a run in this series.

I think the problem is that the potential issues are also pretty established- Guptill, Munro, Southee...

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
India's XI: 1 Dhawan, 2 Rohit, 3 Kohli, 4 Rayudu, 5 Dhoni 6 Jadhav, 7 Shankar, 8 Kuldeep 9 Chahal 10 Bhuvneshwar 11 Shami

New Zealand XI: Guptill, Munro, Williamson, Taylor, Latham, Nicholls, de Grandhomme, Sodhi, Ferguson, Bracwell, Boult

India will bat first.

Meth

Staff member
I feel like this field is way too defensive

Also, this seems like a pretty effective way to avoid bowling to Kohli. Just don't take any wickets for 50 overs.

vvvrulz

Coach
I feel like this field is way too defensive

Also, this seems like a pretty effective way to avoid bowling to Kohli. Just don't take any wickets for 50 overs.

Was vastly different under Baz’s last few years, Williamson is quite content to park himself and wait and it’s not going to work against the best.

Iafeta

Referee
Bracewell lol Plodder. CDG part time military medium bowler with no variations. Boult left arm swing bowler who no longer swings it. Bowling attack is really awful l. They’ll get 500 here on this featherbed wicket with grade cricket boundary lengths.

NZ are clueless. Turd Ferguson racing in for a simple catch on the boundary and watching it go for 6 was comical. Guptill dropped a tough catch which in fairness he usually takes. First ball they get fancy with a third slip and they miss a regulation nick.

Plod Lanka has given people a false sense of security on this team. It’s a bunch of grade cricket trundlers and an out of form Trent Boult. And they are murdering them with ease.

Meth

Staff member
Boult gets Dhawan. He has probably been the best of the NZ bowlers, for no reward.

Enter King Kohli

Meth

Staff member
Sharma goes. CDG takes a good catch.

Still looking like a BIG score here though. 350+

Meth

Staff member
Bracewell is being used as a strike bowler here, or at least he was earlier. The reality is that there is only room for 1 of Neesham, de Grandhomme or Bracewell in the team. It's a decent experiment, leaving Southee out and seeing how we fare. He obviously isn't performing in ODI's. But our cupboard is largely bare. Southee. Henry. Ferguson. It's just pretty bereft of strike power and we seem to be more managing totals than attacking batsmen. Not looking like our year.

Iafeta

Referee
I think Southee is spent as a limited overs bowler. He should focus on test cricket. CDG I think for some reason has shown he’s a test cricketer but poor in limited overs. Bracewell is bits and pieces. Neesham bowls a load of pies but can bat.

Latest posts