What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
A big advantage of getting Bulldogs, some Tigers and Souths to Bankwest would be better reciprocal arrangements. Do you think Bulldogs see it as long term possible permanent home?

carcharias

Immortal
No, for most the membership add on packs and value of such are not the biggest driver to getting a full ticketed membership imo. They probably are for non ticketed memberships more so?

I see Sharks membership also gets you free game entry to Newtown Jets games which is a nice little add on perk

That wasn’t the question.
I don’t care what reason you think people buy tickets for.
I am asking purely from a dollar point of view.
I get $90 worth of merch with my family of 4 pass.
I know the GA deal get vouchers as well.
Not sure if the exact amount.

I thought you being the mr membership might have checked it out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That wasn’t the question.
I don’t care what reason you think people buy tickets for.
I am asking purely from a dollar point of view.
I get $90 worth of merch with my family of 4 pass.
I know the GA deal get vouchers as well.
Not sure if the exact amount.

I thought you being the mr membership might have checked it out.

The question was did I check every membership pack for benefits, the answer is still no.

That would require going through every single members benefit of every club and working out the $ value to the membership pack of it, go for it if you are so inclined! I've concentrated on the direct value of attending games v's the membership price.

carcharias

Immortal
That would require going through every single members benefit of every club and working out the $ value to the membership pack of it, go for it if you are so inclined!

Well your membership figures are not a true indicator of what club gives the best deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well your membership figures are not a true indicator of what club gives the best deal.

They are if you believe that people buy full ticket memberships primarily for the tickets and the savings they give you in attending games, and the gumph thrown in is just value add on and not a key decison factor on if to but a full membership or not. How many Sharks fans do you think will have bought a $190-300 membership because you get a $20 merch voucher?

Please feel free to ignore my list of it offends you so greatly lol

carcharias

Immortal
They are if you believe that people buy full ticket memberships primarily for the tickets and the savings they give you in attending games, and the gumph thrown in is just value add on and not a key decison factor on if to but a full membership or not. How many Sharks fans do you think will have bought a $190-300 membership because you get a $20 merch voucher?

Please feel free to ignore my list of it offends you so greatly lol

Just stick to the figures please.
It’s a fairly simple question.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A big advantage of getting Bulldogs, some Tigers and Souths to Bankwest would be better reciprocal arrangements. Do you think Bulldogs see it as long term possible permanent home?
I hope so but I am not sure. I know the club are asking the fans the question - but the proof will be in how the ground is received once we've played a home game or two there. One in the first year is probably the right way to go.

WT are committed to four games there ongoing but unless ANZ gets redeveloped I can't see Souths doing much, if anything there any time soon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope so but I am not sure. I know the club are asking the fans the question - but the proof will be in how the ground is received once we've played a home game or two there. One in the first year is probably the right way to go.

WT are committed to four games there ongoing but unless ANZ gets redeveloped I can't see Souths doing much, if anything there any time soon.

5 clubs at one venue is probably too much anyway. I feel for Souths fans if they are the only poor buggers who end up stuck at ANZ! Maybe a 30k new Allianz would entice them back if SCG need to get tenants to pay back the loan!

Timmah

Staff member
5 clubs at one venue is probably too much anyway. I feel for Souths fans if they are the only poor buggers who end up stuck at ANZ! Maybe a 30k new Allianz would entice them back if SCG need to get tenants to pay back the loan!
Not sure why you'd "feel for the Rabbitohs" being 'stuck' at ANZ.

It's entirely possible given their membership base and crowd averages that their fans actually don't mind it. They certainly get better support there than they ever did at the SFS.

As has been suggested before, most of the fanbase reportedly lives closer to ANZ anyway.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure why you'd "feel for the Rabbitohs" being 'stuck' at ANZ.

It's entirely possible given their membership base and crowd averages that their fans actually don't mind it. They certainly get better support there than they ever did at the SFS.

As has been suggested before, most of the fanbase reportedly lives closer to ANZ anyway.

My experience of going to club games there has been very poor in general. Terrible atmosphere ( I went to one night game when there was 9k there and walking around the place was like a zombie film lol) not much near by and with your avg club crowd size the atmosphere is just dead and the whole place feels really flat.

I think its hard to judge support level as the club has obviously gone through a major rebrand and rebuild since its SFS days and is now one of the trendier clubs to follow for the kids.

Timmah

Staff member
My experience of going to club games there has been very poor in general. Terrible atmosphere ( I went to one night game when there was 9k there and walking around the place was like a zombie film lol) not much near by and with your avg club crowd size the atmosphere is just dead and the whole place feels really flat.

I think its hard to judge support level as the club has obviously gone through a major rebrand and rebuild since its SFS days and is now one of the trendier clubs to follow for the kids.
Anecdotal evidence doesn't equal fact. The fact is that the Rabbitohs get better crowds there and their membership is also thriving as a result.

That doesn't mean every game is a healthy 20-25k+, it just means they attract more fans to that venue than the SFS.

carcharias

Immortal
Its a simple answer, for the third time NO I haven't tried to work out the $ value of every benefit in every membership deal.

Why not?
For a bloke who spends his whole time complaining about membership numbers and crowds you’d think you’d want all the details.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anecdotal evidence doesn't equal fact. The fact is that the Rabbitohs get better crowds there and their membership is also thriving as a result.

That doesn't mean every game is a healthy 20-25k+, it just means they attract more fans to that venue than the SFS.

I didnt present it as a fact, I presented it as an opinion based on your question why would I "feel" that way lol

There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence on here about not liking ANZ so I wold consider I am not alone in this one.

When was thew last time they played a home game at SFS?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why not?
For a bloke who spends his whole time complaining about membership numbers and crowds you’d think you’d want all the details.

Go for it, you seem very interested. It will only take you around 2-3 hours and still be subjective, after alll is a poncho worth more than a cap to your avg fan?

carcharias

Immortal
Go for it, you seem very interested. It will only take you around 2-3 hours and still be subjective, after alll is a poncho worth more than a cap to your avg fan?

You’re obviously not a member.
You’d know the answer to that if you were.
Besides the merch vouchers come in dollars.
So it doesn’t matter what people spend it on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You’re obviously not a member.
You’d know the answer to that if you were.
Besides the merch vouchers come in dollars.
So it doesn’t matter what people spend it on.

Its a value add on, like a season pass to Newtown Jets, or a 15% discount at the store, or members BBQ days or a friendly in mudgee or Ponchos or lanyards or a vast variety of other things they throw into memberships as value add ons. Trying to monetise them to come up with a definitive list of best value GA memberships would be impossible.

But yeh whatever.

And yes I am a Storm member, a North beach member and a WC pirates member. Not for the sht you get or the one game ticket for Melbourne I probably wont use but because I think its good for the clubs and the game to have fans commit in some way to the clubs they support. And please do enlighten me which is more valuable, a poncho or a cap?

ps have fun shopping with your vouchers.

carcharias

Immortal
Its a value add on, like a season pass to Newtown Jets, or a 15% discount at the store, or members BBQ days or a friendly in mudgee or Ponchos or lanyards or a vast variety of other things they throw into memberships as value add ons. Trying to monetise them to come up with a definitive list of best value GA memberships would be impossible.

But yeh whatever.

And yes I am a Storm member, a North beach member and a WC pirates member. Not for the sht you get or the one game ticket for Melbourne I probably wont use but because I think its good for the clubs and the game to have fans commit in some way to the clubs they support. And please do enlighten me which is more valuable, a poncho or a cap?

ps have fun shopping with your vouchers.

Well aren’t you the club bike!