What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Another poster who I don’t know is saying there is another one of our players in deep shit, video with white stuff. He is saying it’s going to blow up big time very soon. You can take that one with a grain of salt, but it may have legs. The player is said to be a star, that narrows it down to about one

f**k I hope this isn't true.

macnaz

Staff member
The club that provides entertainment off the field and nothing on it. Fmd!! from one dramma to another.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The player being naughty rumour has been going for at least 3 days now. If the media had the video (which is what’s alledged) then it would have been out by now. I’d say it’s a false alarm.

WT2K

Juniors
Zane Musgrove will plead not guilty to charges laid against him. His contract is yet to be registered by the NRL.
Back in court March 5th. Via DT.

The NRL’s stance on salary cap cheats stinks of hypocrisy,every fair minded league supporter knows which clubs are simply taking the piss out of the system and getting away with it as if they are untouchable.
I really don’t blame the WT if they take legal action,although I doubt the NRL will want it to go that far,if it did it would shed some light on there outstanding incompetence.

gordsy

Juniors
Mate some of the biggest names in the game who are still earning a motza from the game have being doing lines for years. It’s the little fish who get banged up but I guess that’s life.

My son while paying his way through uni worked up at the Cross in a few bars and a couple of very big x players were doing stuff every second night...made Simonia look li,e a saint

Yes but they don't scam charities and fans out of money and bet against their own team or if they do they haven't been caught yet. Fans don't really care about snorting coke. You would have to be stupid to not realise most of them get on the charlie at some stage.

Tigerm

First Grade
By the way Weststigers have submitted their response to the NRL's breach notice on Tuesday.

The Wests Tigers have submitted a response to the NRL in a bid to lessen the severity of punishment they face for alleged salary cap breaches.
CEO Justin Pascoe was sensationally deregistered and the club was hit with a $750,000 fine and a salary cap reduction of $639,000 for 2019 when a post-career deal with club legend Robbie Farah was deemed to be illegal.

Since the breach notice was revealed on December 19, Pascoe has been unable to have any communication with the club.

The Wests Tigers had until January 31 to respond to the proposed sanctions, but The Daily Telegraph has revealed the club has already filed their response to get a speedy resolution to the chaos.

The NRL has alleged the club made an undisclosed deal with Farah to become an ambassador for Wests Tigers in retirement as an act of goodwill for the club legend who departed on bad terms.

The salary cap reduction of $639,000 relates to the value of that four-year deal.

There is no suggestion Farah has done anything wrong.

At the time the sanctions were announced, the Wests Tigers were shocked and contemplating legal action to prove the Farah deal was not a deliberate attempt to flout the rules.

“We do not accept the allegations outlined in the breach notice,” said club chair Marina Go in a statement in December.

“We reject that the club has breached the NRL rules or that our conduct warrants the sanctions proposed. The breach notice relates to events that occurred some time ago, in relation to an ambassador role for Robbie post-retirement.

“The arrangement was entered into years after his playing contract had been signed and had nothing to do with Robbie’s playing commitments. The club derived no competitive advantage from the arrangement.”

macnaz

Staff member
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/wests-tigers-submit-response-to-nrl-breach-notice/

Wests Tigers submit response to NRL breach notice AuthorMichael ChammasChief ReporterTimestampWed 23 Jan 2019, 07:41 PM

The Wests Tigers have submitted their response to the breach notices issued by the NRL last month as they look to downgrade the severity of the punishment they face. NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg stunned the Tigers before Christmas when he hit the club with a pending $750,000 fine – and a salary cap reduction of $639,000 in 2019 – for not declaring a post-career arrangement with Robbie Farah when he left the club in 2016. As a result, chief executive Justin Pascoe was also deregistered. The club was given until the end of January to submit its response, however in a bid to fast-track a decision and remove the cloud over the club's head, both the Tigers and Pascoe submitted their respective paperwork to the NRL on Tuesday. It's understood the Tigers are accepting responsibility for mismanagement but believe the punishment is heavy-handed given they believe they gained no competitive advantage from a deal that Farah is yet to collect a dollar for, or even decide to take up. It's understood Pascoe has decided to link with Brydens Lawyers principal Lee Hagipantelis, who also happens to sponsor the Tigers and several other rugby league teams, to represent him. In December, Tigers chair Marina Go released the following statement: "We do not accept the allegations outlined in the breach notice. "We reject that the club has breached the NRL rules or that our conduct warrants the sanctions proposed. The breach notice relates to events that occurred some time ago, in relation to an ambassador role for Robbie post-retirement. "The arrangement was entered into years after his playing contract had been signed and had nothing to do with Robbie's playing commitments. The club derived no competitive advantage from the arrangement."

Good to also see Bryden come on board , a very major NRL sponsor.

super_coach

First Grade
By the way Weststigers have submitted their response to the NRL's breach notice on Tuesday.

My bet, Pascoe will get his job back but the fine and cap thing will stay. I also think the club will accept and put it behind them. Not a ideal outcome, but it will mean they can focus on the 2019 season. The NRL are nearly impossible to beat in their own court room and to take them on in a public court could have implications down the track when expansion talks get serious

Latest posts