What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Eelectrica

Referee
+1 to Alien Isolation. Very underrated game for some reason.

I picked that one up on a Steam sale a couple of years back, didn't regret that for a second. Kind of rage inducing at times,but all part of the fun. Very tense.

nöyd

Staff member
The game was naff when I had it on PS4 upon release, but I hear it has since been updated with more offline content - SW Battlefront 2.

Just picked it up for PC for only $AU12.49. Even if it is still total ass it hasn't cost me much.

axl rose

Bench
The game was naff when I had it on PS4 upon release, but I hear it has since been updated with more offline content - SW Battlefront 2.

Just picked it up for PC for only $AU12.49. Even if it is still total ass it hasn't cost me much.
Will pick this up. Have got good value from the bargain bin lately.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Been playing Seven - The days long gone. Took me a little while to get into it, but now I am, I'm hooked. Bit of a hybrid ARPG/Stealth game.

nöyd

Staff member

this game is still total ass btw

Iafeta

Referee
Am back playing a couple of old classics. Not old as in retro but slightly aged like a fine Chateau neuf du pape. Uncharted 4, god damn the graphics and story are just so engaging. The action is fast paced and electric. And the Witcher 3. I now have a 4K tv and that baby lights up with some of the environments you stumble through.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Am back playing a couple of old classics. Not old as in retro but slightly aged like a fine Chateau neuf du pape. Uncharted 4, god damn the graphics and story are just so engaging. The action is fast paced and electric. And the Witcher 3. I now have a 4K tv and that baby lights up with some of the environments you stumble through.

I've thought about playing W3 back again, however starting over seems so daunting now I know just how massive it is. Enjoying it?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
WWE2K19

The storyline is good, but when you get to the end, it's just shit, it's like the storyline doesn't want you to go, so you get asked to fight random people as some lackey to the GM, with no fued/storyline/purpose behind it all.

They either need to make the storyline go longer, or cut it off when completed. Not this in between horseshit.

Eelectrica

Referee
Loving it. Really taking my time going through the story too. Before I kind of rushed it. The options in crafting the story through the RPG elements are awesome.
Indeed. It's why it's still one of my favourites. Even in the first Witcher game they had the choice and consequence down really well. W3 is a cumination of that.
It's still on my HDD, gotta play it again at some point especially the expansion packs which I've done just the once.

At the moment I'm finishing up the POE 2 expansions then I'll start a new game giving the new turn based combat system a try.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What controller do you guys recommend for W3? I’ve got it for PC and started but didn’t like the controls, but I can also connect my XBox controller and play with that. Also have a 4K TV so if I run with the controller I can play it in 4K on the couch.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’ve been giving Apex Legends a crack the last few days but don’t thjibk it will replace PUBG as my Battle Royale fix.

Eelectrica

Referee
What controller do you guys recommend for W3? I’ve got it for PC and started but didn’t like the controls, but I can also connect my XBox controller and play with that. Also have a 4K TV so if I run with the controller I can play it in 4K on the couch.
I used mouse and keyboard for W3, even on Death march difficulty.
I picked it up on Steam as well to give it a try with the Steam controller, but haven't tried it out yet.

I keep planning on connecting my PC to my tv and check things out. One day I'll actually do it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I picked up a GTX 1070 the other week so pretty keen to give it a whirl on the 4K TV. I’m getting 80+ FPS in shooters in 1440p on my regular monitor so should have the horsepower for it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Playing Assassins Creed Origins. Just cant get into it. They've definetly tried to 'witcherfy' the franchise which isnt a bad thing however it hasnt grabbed me yet.

abpanther

Staff member

I've never played any of the Witcher series but heard so many good things about W3 that I'm keen to give it a go, how does it compare to Skyrim?

clifford

Juniors
I’ve been giving Apex Legends a crack the last few days but don’t thjibk it will replace PUBG as my Battle Royale fix.

Love the battle royal games, played pubg for ages on Xbox once it came out. But as soon as blackout was released I haven’t put it down on PS4. Just love it. Played a few games of apex to try it.

Eelectrica

Referee
I've never played any of the Witcher series but heard so many good things about W3 that I'm keen to give it a go, how does it compare to Skyrim?
I think Witcher 3 leaves skyrim for dead in every way possible except mod support.

The story telling in Witcher 3 is outstanding. Combat is superior.

Quests they mostly got away from the cheap fetch quest, or at least had a cool story behind them.

Geralt obviously isn't the blank slate type found in the Skyrim or Pillars of Eternity style RPG's but I feel there's enough RP options as well as Choice and consequence to make up for it.