What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top three Australian movies

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah Two Hands was hard to go past.

They're a Weird Mob from 1966 was another one.

Was going to mention They’re A Weird Mob.

Re Two Hands, one of the scenes was filmed out the front of where I worked at Waterloo, I got sick of seeing the dummy being run over for two days in a row.

horrie hastings

First Grade
3. The Man From Hong Kong....very much a guilty pleasure. Nowhere near the quality of the first two movies but as a martial arts fan, I loved the Australian/Hong Kong movie co project. A fight scene at Uluru, Silverwater Jail scenes, Sydney Harbour scenes, 1970's Sydney....it sure captured the time period perfectly. Supporting actors like Roger Ward, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Bill Hunter, Frank Thring along with George Lazenby all play their part.

A bit of a guilty pleasure this movie too but as you say quality wise it does leave a bit to be desired but starring Australia’s very own James Bond George Lazenby, also it spawned one of the best one hit wonders ever, Sky High by Jigsaw or known in Australia as British Jigsaw not to confuse them with the local group Jigsaw.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1: The Proposition, hands down. Flawless, violent, uncompromising Aussie western.

For the other spots it’s probably be out of

The Babadook
Chopper
The Mad Max Series
The Castle
Romper Stomper
Bad Boy Bubby

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Not all time but split into categories (that the majority of the films that are in are complete rubbish), rogue and Blackwater are at the top of the list of croc movies as well as the reef for shark movies. Can do creature features

azzah72

Bench
This thread has made me want to do an Aussie movie marathon, some absolute gems in here.

3 that I didn't see mentioned that are all great movies for their own reasons.

Pricilla
Animal Kingdom
Strictly Ballroom

gUt

Coach
Romper Stomper
Bad Boy Bubby
Hercules Returns

I thought Wolf Creek was great too

Latest posts