What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

axl rose

Bench
Watched the first episode of Titans
It has me intrigued, better than I thought it would be

They’re obviously trying to be gritty
The violence felt out of place. The Raven stuff was interesting, Starfire not so much, Not too bad though, will give it another episode.

cerberus

Coach
Mind hunter . Hannibal lecter is a pussy

Happy . . Drug induced violence and a unicorn .

Dirk gentleys holistic detective agency.

House of cards . For political tragics

Vikings . sex and violence

Game_Breaker

Coach
The violence felt out of place. The Raven stuff was interesting, Starfire not so much, Not too bad though, will give it another episode.

They try and go darker in later episodes, it’s not terrible, it just seems out of place and forced

Final episode is great I thought, good cliffhanger

And Robin is definitely not Robin throughout the whole season - just call him Nightwing already.

bileduct

Coach
Fyre - The Greatest Party that Never Happened

This documents the disastrous but highly amusing Fyre Festival of 2017. Soundtrack by Trent Reznor.

I have no f**king idea why the Fyre Festival organiser decided it was a great idea to have the organising of his followup scam filmed while he's out on bail for the Fyre Festival scam.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

This documents the disastrous but highly amusing Fyre Festival of 2017. Soundtrack by Trent Reznor.

I have no f**king idea why the Fyre Festival organiser decided it was a great idea to have the organising of his followup scam filmed while he's out on bail for the Fyre Festival scam.
I picked up on that as well, does sound like a guy who needs as much attention as possible even if it is absolutely geniused

bileduct

Coach
I picked up on that as well, does sound like a guy who needs as much attention as possible even if it is absolutely geniused
Yeah the part that got me was that his second scam was just straight up undeniable fraud, whereas at least there was an effort to hold the Fyre Festival. He was selling things that did not exist with a film crew around capturing everything he was doing!

Extreme idiocy.

Timbo

Staff member
There was a second Fyre festival documentary released recently by Hulu which is really worth the watch.

Jerry Media was heavily involved with the production of the Netflix one, and it downplays their role in the fiasco.

I watched both and they are thoroughly entertaining whilst presenting different sides to the same coin.

My read on McFarland was that he always wanted to be one of the 'cool kids' and this was his way of doing it. Right up until Fyre blew up, I think he genuinely believed he was going to pull it off and this wasn't a Lyle Lanley situation.

Even his idiotic follow up which landed him in prison was I think his attempt to redeem himself.

I think there was an element of mild sociopathy to him, in his constant lies and robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I really think he thought he was going to pull it off and be the next Zuckerberg.

Generalzod

Immortal

Just amazing that people fell for this scam, great doco

bileduct

Coach
There was a second Fyre festival documentary released recently by Hulu which is really worth the watch.
Yeah I just watched that last night. I think it was better than the Netflix one because they got an interview with Bobby McFarland and were able to show much more of his shady past, revealing what a true scam artist he really was.

He's like the people who run Viagogo, only dumber.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
ill have to find the other doco then, Netflix not just documenting the disaster unfolding but also highlighting the position "influencers" have in todays world. The fact that these people not just have a job but get paid ridiculous amounts just to tweet/share a single post is disgusting.

Ruin the lives and businesses of a good chunk of the population of a small island community but give one of the kardashian flogs 250k to chuck on the pile for tweeting one hashtag

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeah I just watched that last night. I think it was better than the Netflix one because they got an interview with Bobby McFarland and were able to show much more of his shady past, revealing what a true scam artist he really was.

He's like the people who run Viagogo, only dumber.
The gay person who was told to take one for the team lol.....