What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Hmmm it will be interesting ... im sure the NRL dont want to go down the legal action Avenue, but i wonder how they will lighten the sentence and save face at the same time . In an honest world they will just say the evidence provided by Weststigers explains satisfactorily how and why the mistake was made.
But there is certainly an agenda as to why they handed down that ridiculous penalty in the first place , so will they give in easily and then just scrutinize Weststigers to the cent for any future dealings?
Although it may damage our year id personally like to see this hit the courts.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hmmm it will be interesting ... im sure the NRL dont want to go down the legal action Avenue, but i wonder how they will lighten the sentence and save face at the same time . In an honest world they will just say the evidence provided by Weststigers explains satisfactorily how and why the mistake was made.
But there is certainly an agenda as to why they handed down that ridiculous penalty in the first place , so will they give in easily and then just scrutinize Weststigers to the cent for any future dealings?
Although it may damage our year id personally like to see this hit the courts.
Yep take them on, they really cant penalise us any worse than what they have done, and besides they will know that we wont lay down and take crap. The clubs are the game not grandstanding NRL execs.

Shredder

Juniors
I guess it comes down to cost / benefit.

If they reinstate Pascoe and suspend half of the fine, I think we will wear it and move on.

Incidentally I think this is the most likely outcome as well based on NRL history with this stuff.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It's preferable not to be tied up in court action which can be expensive, time consuming ad emotionally draining. Plus no guarantee that you get the result you are after.

simmo05

Bench
Go to court. It cant get worse than the massive fine and massive hit in the cap this year. The fact that the deal wasnt even taken up should get it thrown out. Anyway, i wouldnt think brydens would take it on if there was a fair chance of losing

Tigers Tale

Juniors
All along I have hoped we would go to court. If we threaten to divulge what the processes are in situations like this and threaten to expose what the Broncos, Roosters and Sharks are doing to the system as we know it the NRL will cave in and drop all fines and sanctions.

We are the small fry that continually get caught and pay for the actions of those more powerful clubs....threaten to expose them and this will all go away I reckon.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1bce9d0d690bdc97c32bf301d36b1743

NRL memberships

Club
Memberships Jan 2019 Memberships Jan 2018
South Sydney 27,271 25,859
Brisbane Broncos 25,049 25, 573
Parramatta Eels 19,951 17,643
Melbourne Storm 18,332 18,550
Newcastle Knights 15,889 12,281
Wests Tigers 15,512 10,902
Penrith Panthers 13,846 15,068
Cronulla Sharks 13,276 11,841
New Zealand Warriors 12,713 8,305
St George Illawarra Dragons 12,403 11,749
Sydney Roosters 12,065 11,219
Canberra Raiders 12,002 12,712
North Queensland Cowboys 11,351 10,711
Canterbury Bulldogs 10,153 10,796
Manly Sea Eagles 9,242 9,498
Gold Coast Titans 5,466 5,335

Not sure if we would be the club asked to go west when you look at membership numbers.
Note, poor old Roosters cant even rent a crowd LOL. Maybe they should move.:p

Sorry I did edit this and split the 2019 & 2018 membership numbers but it didn't come through on the post.

Last edited:

WT2K

Juniors
Word doing the rounds is that Benji has torn his hamstring at training.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b7efdccdb818f3ce16590c95ded67530

Tigers respond to breach notices, Pascoe enlists top legal eagle

The NRL has given no time frame on a final verdict after the Wests Tigers and club CEO Justin Pascoe submitted their respective responses to breach notices.

The Tigers were given until the end of January to respond after they were hit with a $750,000 fine and had $639,000 deducted from their 2019 salary cap for not declaring a post-career ambassadorial agreement with Robbie Farah when he left the club in 2016.

Pascoe was also deregistered.

The Tigers and Pascoe moved to fast track the process by submitting their respective responses a week early, both providing it on January 22.

It is believed the Tigers had accepted responsibility for mismanagement but are looking to downgrade the penalty.

The club had stressed after receiving the punishment before Christmas that they did not gain any competitive advantage from Farah’s deal.

Farah did not officially accept the post-career contract which the NRL club claimed was offered as a gesture of goodwill by Pascoe a year before the hooker left the joint venture in 2015.

“We reject that the club has breached the NRL rules or that our conduct warrants the sanctions proposed,” Wests chair Marina Go said in December.

Pascoe has hired Tigers sponsor Brydens Lawyers’ principal Lee Hagipantelis to represent him according to NRL.com.

Interesting comment that the NRL does not appear to be in a rush now??? You would think no CEO is a major issue. I think Greenberg has got to go.

Vic Mackey

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/b7efdccdb818f3ce16590c95ded67530

Tigers respond to breach notices, Pascoe enlists top legal eagle

The NRL has given no time frame on a final verdict after the Wests Tigers and club CEO Justin Pascoe submitted their respective responses to breach notices.

The Tigers were given until the end of January to respond after they were hit with a $750,000 fine and had $639,000 deducted from their 2019 salary cap for not declaring a post-career ambassadorial agreement with Robbie Farah when he left the club in 2016.

Pascoe was also deregistered.

The Tigers and Pascoe moved to fast track the process by submitting their respective responses a week early, both providing it on January 22.

It is believed the Tigers had accepted responsibility for mismanagement but are looking to downgrade the penalty.

The club had stressed after receiving the punishment before Christmas that they did not gain any competitive advantage from Farah’s deal.

Farah did not officially accept the post-career contract which the NRL club claimed was offered as a gesture of goodwill by Pascoe a year before the hooker left the joint venture in 2015.

“We reject that the club has breached the NRL rules or that our conduct warrants the sanctions proposed,” Wests chair Marina Go said in December.

Pascoe has hired Tigers sponsor Brydens Lawyers’ principal Lee Hagipantelis to represent him according to NRL.com.

Interesting comment that the NRL does not appear to be in a rush now??? You would think no CEO is a major issue. I think Greenberg has got to go.

Are these c*#ts serious? No deadline on when they’ll respond? How the hell are we meant to make any plans?

simmo05

Bench
So if we run with a full cap until they respond, will we be over and get flogged again at the season start if they eventually decide to apply the full punishment?

Shredder

Juniors
Back to the membership numbers, you have to admit, its pretty good going when a merged club without a proper home ground has more members than Penrith who have not only the biggest junior nursery in the world, but also the biggest club / "entertainment" centre.

BrotherJim05

Bench
For f**ks sake, Todd Greenburg has to be the worst CEO in the history of NRL. His ruining the f**king game and now systematically f**king clubs over.

If we are going to be forced to relocate then f**king get it over with already. Just come out and say "you have to relocate" or don't do it and f**k off

I'm so over this shit

Das Hassler

Bench
Accepting them deciding WT should relocate is no different to them deciding to cut Wests.. Souths and the Bears. We relocate to where?....some growth area of their choosing?....perhaps Perth or Adelaide. ....THOSE should work..has that ever been tried?. What happens when the relocation experiment doesnt quite work....back to Sydney and pick up where we left off?
F-CK THEM!.....WT should take the strongest stand right now over this crap (Pascoe / Farrah) without any fear of getting on their "wrong side" down the track..
..Greenburg will probably be gone before too long anyway....nice guys get fu--ed over in this so called even playing field....go for their throat...Wests and Souths were told to just take it and go away...PUSH BACK!!