What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
I think by the end of 2020, maybe sooner, we may of found our replacement for Ben Te’o :smiley:
Shit, how good would that be?!! He certainly looks the goods early on but will still take time.

Twitter Rumour: Luke Thompson and Tommy Makinson to Souths. G. Burgess to St. Helens
Interesting. I'm assuming this is for 2020? I'm still not sure how I'd feel if we were to lose one of the twins, I love them. Especially if they can keep up their form from last year.

CAFPOW

Juniors
A prop and a winger well so long jennings, if true there is no hope for jennings, we must have had 800k spare for TP junr otherwise were is the Ks coming from, but i dont think there is much in this rumour, george probably realises he is on the outer but who wants to go to parra and play against his brothers, he may think its better playing in uk were maybe later he can come back.

Maybe Richo and Benny decided instead spending a ton of cash on TPJ, They can try and fit Thompson, Makinson and Jennings in whatever money we saved in the cap?

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
Shit, how good would that be?!! He certainly looks the goods early on but will still take time.

Interesting. I'm assuming this is for 2020? I'm still not sure how I'd feel if we were to lose one of the twins, I love them. Especially if they can keep up their form from last year.

I’m not sure but I think Thompson and Makinson re-signed with St Helens only for 2017-18 season.

Last edited:

Go Bunnies

Juniors
View attachment 26699

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-th...lacement/bcdd5e70-d006-4dc6-8b00-0556c563f3fc

Same story also says at least 6 NRL clubs are after Joel Thompson. Money not an issue for Thompson as he comes from a wealthy family. His preference is to stay in England, however Knights might be frontrunners.
Feel sorry for Kyle Turner. He was primed for a big season after the Grand Final win but has never been the same after he was injured in the Indigenous All Stars game before the start of the 2015 season.

callmack1

Staff member
View attachment 26699

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-th...lacement/bcdd5e70-d006-4dc6-8b00-0556c563f3fc

Same story also says at least 6 NRL clubs are after Joel Thompson. Money not an issue for Thompson as he comes from a wealthy family. His preference is to stay in England, however Knights might be frontrunners.
Hopefully this will happen. From all reports, Turner is on a decent amount of money and his hopeful departure will help the salary cap situation massively.

It's kind of a shame though, he looked like one of the best young prospects in the game in 2014 but then that neck injury seemed to change everything.

callmack1

Staff member
Greg Inglis to reportedly miss the first two games of the 2019 NRL Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/8bc7cc40cab886007474821497375bcb

Don't get me wrong, I friggin love GI. He is one of the all time greats, one of my favourite players and there's no doubt this club wouldn't be where it is today without him. However, this is simply not good enough from him and it makes me seriously wonder where his head is at. Gi is a pro and has ben in the game for a long time so this simply shouldn't happen. It is not good enough that our club captain turns up to Pre-Season looking this unfit, simply not good enough. I'm really disappointed in him and it's not great signs.

In saying that, there is still time to get into shape. However, he should know better then to put himself in this situation.

250excf

Juniors
Hopefully this will happen. From all reports, Turner is on a decent amount of money and his hopeful departure will help the salary cap situation massively.

It's kind of a shame though, he looked like one of the best young prospects in the game in 2014 but then that neck injury seemed to change everything.
Yeah Gallen hit him with his shoulder to his neck in the alstars game maybe start of 15 poor bloke was a really great edge hole runner never been the same since worst part is Gal never even got a penalty blown against him for it what an absolute joke when they replayed in slo no the shoulder hit the neck

250excf

Juniors
Greg Inglis to reportedly miss the first two games of the 2019 NRL Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/8bc7cc40cab886007474821497375bcb

Don't get me wrong, I friggin love GI. He is one of the all time greats, one of my favourite players and there's no doubt this club wouldn't be where it is today without him. However, this is simply not good enough from him and it makes me seriously wonder where his head is at. Gi is a pro and has ben in the game for a long time so this simply shouldn't happen. It is not good enough that our club captain turns up to Pre-Season looking this unfit, simply not good enough. I'm really disappointed in him and it's not great signs.

In saying that, there is still time to get into shape. However, he should know better then to put himself in this situation.
He does it every year looks like Beetson he’ll be fine he knows what to do

Mr Spock!

Referee
“I spoke to Wayne (Bennett) about this. He won’t be there for round one or two because he’s 15 kilos over his playing weight.”

Wtf! This our marquee signing and a bloke on at least a million a year.

I don't think GI's head is in a good place at all.

ThingFish

Juniors
“I spoke to Wayne (Bennett) about this. He won’t be there for round one or two because he’s 15 kilos over his playing weight.”

Wtf! This our marquee signing and a bloke on at least a million a year.

I don't think GI's head is in a good place at all.
Have to agree. Plus he’s suppose to be our captain and an example for the young guys. It’s really disappointing.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Well I am guessing guys that he couldn't do much in the off season if had knee surgery so you can't do much but sleep sit eat and walk slowly, so naturally you gonna put on weight, put he is a champion and he has lost weight in the past, just need to build momentum.....hey could be worse

callmack1

Staff member
Well I am guessing guys that he couldn't do much in the off season if had knee surgery so you can't do much but sleep sit eat and walk slowly, so naturally you gonna put on weight, put he is a champion and he has lost weight in the past, just need to build momentum.....hey could be worse
I don't think he had knee surgery though. It's my understanding that this knee injury has only recently surfaced so it's no excuse at all!

Wolfman

Juniors
I've mentioned this once before and I'll say it again, Greg should have called it quits on his representative career before the start to this season. By not doing that, my gut feeling is he is focused more on SOO rather than Souths. I reckon by the end of Origin Greg would've played only a couple of club games.

I seriously hope I'm wrong but I fear we won't be seeing Inglis running around in the Cardinal and Myrtle much at all this year.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Obviously there isn't time hence him having to miss the first 2 games...