What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

betcats

Referee
No one said it's likely, just possible. I've already outlined how it could come about. It wouldn't have been the club's choice to pay extra and given the bad blood, the club could have attached the no compete clause to the extra funding demanded by Griffin. Its all hypothetical anyway so no need to lose your shit over it.

Bxtom literally said it was likely, go back and check. Where has been said that Griffin demanded extra funding? That’s news to me.

And I’m not losing my shit, this is just another day at the office for me.

Last edited:

Abacus

Juniors
Bxtom literally said it was likely, go back and check. Where has been said that Griffin demanded extra funding? That’s news to me.

And I’m not losing my shit, this is just another day at the office for me.
If you've got the post from Tom, how about include it in a reply to me. No one knows whether Griffin demanded extra, it was part of the scenario as to how a no complete clause could be included in a negotiated termination.

Nah, I know you're always antagonistic, I'm just in the mood for a decent argument.

betcats

Referee
If you've got the post from Tom, how about include it in a reply to me. No one knows whether Griffin demanded extra, it was part of the scenario as to how a no complete clause could be included in a negotiated termination.

Nah, I know you're always antagonistic, I'm just in the mood for a decent argument.

It’s in this thread 100 percent. Im not doing your leg work, Tom hasn’t denied saying it , he actually said it’s likely in the same comment he accused me of talking out of my arse.

betcats

Referee
Anyway my attempt to change the subject, there was a nice story about Kikau collecting old gear from panthers players and taking it home and donating it to local rugby clubs. Given some of the Fijian talent we have seen the last few years I'd love to see us establish some kind of presence or connection there, even if it just some partnership with us providing gear to a local rugby club(league preferably if there are any clubs), there must be more Kikau's and Waqa's running around over there.

Edit: We could just provide gear to schools and villages if not a club, I mean imagine how much stuff they could collect after a season and send over there. If it lands us another Waqa or Kikau down the line it will have paid for itself.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyway my attempt to change the subject, there was a nice story about Kikau collecting old gear from panthers players and taking it home and donating it to local rugby clubs. Given some of the Fijian talent we have seen the last few years I'd love to see us establish some kind of presence or connection there, even if it just some partnership with us providing gear to a local rugby club(league preferably if there are any clubs), there must be more Kikau's and Waqa's running around over there.

Edit: We could just provide gear to schools and villages if not a club, I mean imagine how much stuff they could collect after a season and send over there. If it lands us another Waqa or Kikau down the line it will have paid for itself.

The issue with that is. Almost all schools over there play RU so you are really helping the opposition. PNG would be a good place to send stuff

mxlegend99

Referee
Ivan wanted him as a FB when he was going to switch. That will see him not to come regardless
Tigers circumstances and ours are different though. Moylan was legitimately a better fullback than any of their options.

With us he's not. Although depending on the development of Luai he might not be a better 6 option for us either. Personally I would think its going to take a few seasons before Luai leaps Moylan. But he really hasn't had a proper shot either.

betcats

Referee
The issue with that is. Almost all schools over there play RU so you are really helping the opposition. PNG would be a good place to send stuff

Yeah I know its all rugby but all the Fijian stars in the game now have come from rugby background. Indirectly we would be helping RU, if we could establish a legitimate connection and it meant a few more converted to league there could be a lot of benefit for the Panthers also.

Basically its an attempt at poaching some young Rugby talent as well as potentially growing the rugby league fan base over there,

EDIT: Im looking ten years ahead and seeing a Panthers academy being established there similar to what we have done in the country areas, the talk of a Fijian NSW cup team has been around for a while so you never know.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I know its all rugby but all the Fijian stars in the game now have come from rugby background. Indirectly we would be helping RU, if we could establish a legitimate connection and it meant a few more converted to league there could be a lot of benefit for the Panthers also.

Basically its an attempt at poaching some young Rugby talent as well as potentially growing the rugby league fan base over there,

EDIT: Im looking ten years ahead and seeing a Panthers academy being established there similar to what we have done in the country areas, the talk of a Fijian NSW cup team has been around for a while so you never know.

NSW Cup team is the 1st step. That will atlasest get people over there to know about the sport

franklin2323

Immortal
Tigers circumstances and ours are different though. Moylan was legitimately a better fullback than any of their options.

With us he's not. Although depending on the development of Luai he might not be a better 6 option for us either. Personally I would think its going to take a few seasons before Luai leaps Moylan. But he really hasn't had a proper shot either.

Which is why I see 2021 as our realistic chance to win a Comp. You can never know so maybe sooner but I see this year as getting the 1 and 9 sorted. While guys get used to Ivan's style of play.

Then 2020 will be getting the Luai up to speed in FG.

Which is why I see 2021 as our realistic chance to win a Comp. You can never know so maybe sooner but I see this year as getting the 1 and 9 sorted. While guys get used to Ivan's style of play.

Then 2020 will be getting the Luai up to speed in FG.
If Maloney can find his 2016 form we are a small chance this year but we really need to hide him better in defense. He also has to hold his place in the line, he'll miss tackles but all halves do

Story in the paper today about him defending on the right so Ivan at least knows something has to be done

Latest posts