What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotty Dureau undergoing chemotherapy

Frederick

Staff member
Statement regarding Scott Dureau
Author
Newcastle Knights
Timestamp
Fri 1 Feb 2019, 07:10 PM
Share on social media
Newcastle Knights Jersey Flegg coach Scott Dureau is currently undergoing chemotherapy.

The 32-year-old had surgery late last year to remove a tumor which has spread through his body.

“I had surgery in 2014 to remove a brain tumor and have been going for regular scans ever since,” Dureau explained.

“In November 2018, I saw (surgeon) Charlie Teo for a routine check-up and it was discovered that the tumor had returned.

“I had surgery and was given the all clear but unfortunately, it has spread to my liver which is why I’m having chemotherapy at the moment.”

Knights Chief Executive Officer, Phil Gardner, said Dureau and his family have the full support of the Club behind him.

“Scott has been courageous throughout this process,” Mr Gardner said.

“He was a courageous player on the field and has displayed those same qualities away from it.

“We will support him and his family as best we can.”

Elite Pathways Development Coach for the Knights, Dureau has been inundated with support, from the players to the staff, he is grateful for the love he and his family continue to receive.

“Phil Gardner has given me and my family massive support,” Dureau said.

“Nathan Brown and Dean Noonan have also been unbelievable.

“The Club has backed me all the way through this and kept in constant contact with myself and family to help us through this pretty tough time.”

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/02/01/statement-regarding-scott-dureau/

All the best, Scotty. Kick that cancers arse.

Pedge1971

First Grade
There will be a standing ovation and minute of applause in the 7th minute of our first home game against Cronulla to show support for Scott.

Please share over Facebook/Twitter to get more promotion

Did this happen? Was not obvious on the Fox coverage...

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Did this happen? Was not obvious on the Fox coverage...
It was meant to happen, the club promoted it on Facebook but didn’t promote it at the game

When I watched the replay they did announce a few minutes in to the game it would happen but it didn’t

PhilGould

Bench
David Klemmer's remarkable gift for Knights coach battling cancer

In one of the feel-good stories of the year, Knights star David Klemmer has donated his entire State of Origin pay packet to Newcastle Jersey Flegg coach Scott Dureau in his brave battle against cancer.

Dureau, a former Knights playmaker, has battled two lots of brain cancer and a further bout in his liver.

The multiple visits to hospital, surgeries and chemotherapy treatment have drained Dureau's finances.

Klemmer is extremely close to the 33-year-old and had no hesitation in handing his $60,000 for his two State of Origin appearances for New South Wales this year to his mate.

The tough prop played games one and three for Brad Fittler's victorious Blues, missing the second game through injury.

A humble and generous man, Klemmer donated the money anonymously and wanted no recognition for his gesture.

Dureau underwent his latest round of chemotherapy on his liver recently and early test results are encouraging.

But he won't know how successful the treatment has been for several months.

Men of League have also been supportive of Dureau, holding a fundraising dinner for the former halfback early this year.

Broncos skipper Darius Boyd gave the club an autographed Brisbane jumper which was one of a host of items that brought in valuable funds at auction.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...ts-coach/b98b5a99-7b04-43b4-a3d5-828c4f0387c1

David Klemmer's remarkable gift for Knights coach battling cancer

In one of the feel-good stories of the year, Knights star David Klemmer has donated his entire State of Origin pay packet to Newcastle Jersey Flegg coach Scott Dureau in his brave battle against cancer.

Dureau, a former Knights playmaker, has battled two lots of brain cancer and a further bout in his liver.

The multiple visits to hospital, surgeries and chemotherapy treatment have drained Dureau's finances.

Klemmer is extremely close to the 33-year-old and had no hesitation in handing his $60,000 for his two State of Origin appearances for New South Wales this year to his mate.

The tough prop played games one and three for Brad Fittler's victorious Blues, missing the second game through injury.

A humble and generous man, Klemmer donated the money anonymously and wanted no recognition for his gesture.

Dureau underwent his latest round of chemotherapy on his liver recently and early test results are encouraging.

But he won't know how successful the treatment has been for several months.

Men of League have also been supportive of Dureau, holding a fundraising dinner for the former halfback early this year.

Broncos skipper Darius Boyd gave the club an autographed Brisbane jumper which was one of a host of items that brought in valuable funds at auction.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...ts-coach/b98b5a99-7b04-43b4-a3d5-828c4f0387c1

How awesome of the big guy. Good on ya Klem!!!

Knight Vision

First Grade
wow. What a man Klemmer is.......It's an easy decision to support a club that has outstanding human beings in it.

Now we just have to win some games.