What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary contract extension talks start

blacksafake

First Grade
Un effin believable :flushed:
Why would they. It’s not as if other clubs are knocking on his door.
If this club was professional he would have been gone by now, let alone hired in the first place. Bellamy & Robinson have had success which is why they get extensions but our mob rewards mediocrity.

corvettedragon

Juniors
I have been a supporter of this once great club for 42 years that i can remember, not including also another 5 years as a child that i don't really recall.
If this report is true and our 'coach' is re-signed, i am afraid i will have to really consider to giving away supporting the club after this year. I have always been a club man, not a supporter of a particular player or coach etc. But this will dead set do me.
I can't take any more of these decisions that the club makes. Mediocrity has set in into our joint and began as far back when Andrew Farrar was installed as coach (apart from the Bennett era).
I am over justifying to my friends and family why this club continues to under achieve. We have a real window of opportunity the next 2-3 years to give it a real good crack. No excuses. I feel frustrated that our players like Ben Hunt cop the wrath of reporters and commentators for how the side plays. He is our best signing in many years.
We need a coach who can lay the platform for our players, but alot of the time watching our team i don't see us with a plan A, let alone plan B or plan C.
I haven't seen much change in the last 5 years in the style we play or tactics employed, or regarding selection of youngsters given a chance to excel. This is the time to break them in, when we have a good core of senior players around them. Not only throw them in the deep end when we are inundated with injuries like the end of last year. And then we saw what some of these kids can really do.
We cannot blame recruitment anymore. I think the club has done a great job to lock up our promising young players, our rep stars, and in recruiting proven marquee players. It can only be the message our boys are receiving (from the coaching staff). I can't think of anything else. I may be too harsh. I don't know.
I really hope i end up with egg on my face and that i am proven wrong. I will be the FIRST to admit it and give myself an uppercut. I just don't see it happening.
A very frustrated supporter! Please...let us see how the year pans out before making any rash decisions on coaches.

BLM01

First Grade
Yikes..No... it is his manager ringing reporters to get things going and test the market to see if other offers come forth...surely
Think about it...as if the Dragons board or heirarchy would ring a reporter and offer this story.
Dont believe a word of this article!
Slow news day!..Dont get riled up and sucked in everyone.

Why would you do it?
On what basis would a contract extension be justified?
I keep looking at McGregor's coaching CV and wonder whether any other NRL club would have hired him.
The stark answer is NO.
The Board pulled the trigger on his first extension very early and the club suffered because of it.
Incredibly, they are contemplating a renewal before a game has even been decided in 2019.
That will only provide McGregor with a no pressure, comfy environment in which to peddle his limited coaching philosophy.
We have a roster now that has the potential of winning the comp.
I agree with one of the other posters that we have a 2-3 year window of opportunity.
That is precisely why we need a seasoned professional with serious football smarts at the helm.
McGregor is not that guy.
They renew him and that window of opportunity will be wasted.

grouch

First Grade
Yikes..No... it is his manager ringing reporters to get things going and test the market to see if other offers come forth...surely
Think about it...as if the Dragons board or heirarchy would ring a reporter and offer this story.
Dont believe a word of this article!
Slow news day!..Dont get riled up and sucked in everyone.
Nothing makes us jumpier than this. We are on a knife edge. On one side of that edge is unimaginable catastrophe, and the slightest slip may see us topple over.

It's like the Cuban Missile Crisis. It's the Mary Contract Crisis.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I hope part of the re-negotiation is to pay him much less to be an assistant and put some heavy ended performance based incentive which if he does not meet can be sacked on the spot with no pay. That way he will not sign and leave on his own accord.