What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

mongoose

Coach
since most of the music coming out these days sucks donkey dick have been checking out older stuff that i missed (thanks to spotify), this is a gem
upload_2019-1-10_7-41-58.jpeg

18to87

First Grade
The newish Mumford & Sons is pretty awesome. Saw them a couple of weeks ago and can't stop listening to Delta.

Blondie - first six albums remastered.

Van Halen - Balance

RAC - Ego

Twisted Sister - best of (with my kids)

The new 1975 and Imagine Dragons (my kids) albums.

Jerry Cantrell - Boggy Depot

Best ofs - Michael Bolton, Mariah Carey and Destiny's Child.

roofromoz

First Grade
vYYY0MQfr0koaANY-6bQtueD08bD4Otn0jQvDSUu_O2rIvbSNCwyWu1i-Ye2g7bplEEy9-rh7CQBCYvWgL28Ivykyi7-SzQL=w443-h332-nc

This week, I have been mostly listening to ELO and Jeff Lynne's solo work.

kit66

Bench
This group of Russians do some great covers of some big hits. 2 of of my favourites here - I love the originals but it's good to see a big band really belt them out.

kit66

Bench
This was a chance find on Youtube, not everyone's cup of tea but as someone who spends some time alone in a room strumming away on my guitar I find this a bit of an inspiration to try some new / different chords and maybe come up with a tune or two of my own. Unlike me though this guy has both talent and quite a sweet voice. 4 worthy tunes, I like the 3rd song a lot. If you play a bit of guitar his chords and rhythms are quite easy to pick up.

horrie hastings

First Grade
vYYY0MQfr0koaANY-6bQtueD08bD4Otn0jQvDSUu_O2rIvbSNCwyWu1i-Ye2g7bplEEy9-rh7CQBCYvWgL28Ivykyi7-SzQL=w443-h332-nc

This week, I have been mostly listening to ELO and Jeff Lynne's solo work.[/QUOTE

I find listening to Jeff Lynne and ELO so soothing, been playing Alone In The Universe a lot and often put on Long Wave and Arm Chair Theatre. Have been playing Balance Of Power a bit too, i find it a very interesting ELO album.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
CD? Last century's technology. or at least the last 17 or so years of it. Lasted longer than the floppy disk, but only just. Hands up everyone who spent a fortune on the bloody things buying music you already owned on vinyl, only to find them obsolete in a few short years.
When you try an "Am I Rite Guys" post and no one gives a f**k

Willie Ray

Bench
Listening to a bit of Kris Kristofferson. The raspy voice that accompanies his lyrics brings his storytelling to life.

A bit of a favourite.

I doubt there's a bar band anywhere in the US that doesn't know how to play 'Me and Bobby Mcghee',
that's quite a legacy....
and to have Johnny,Willie and Waylon as band members and friends was pretty f**king cool...
I'm a huge fan of the singer-songwriter type artists like Kris,...Townes Van Zandt,Steve Earle ,Guy Clark,Ray Wylie Hubbard and the fabulous John Prine (who's touring here now but I couldn't get to any shows)....
the one thing all those guys have in common is they've lived a life and know how to write about it.

RedVDave

First Grade
I only ever had the Bound For The Floor CD single - which gets an airing every once in a while via a 1997 playlist and an alt 90s playlist.

What's the album like?

Everything by Local H is really good IMO, this one easily ranks as my favourite album of theirs check out the songs "Eddie Vedder" & "High Fivin' MF'er"

to_ddeath

Coach
Missed these dudes out here recently as the tour sold out in a flash as usual....just so far above the pack when it comes to psych kinda stuff. First and last tracks the slight standouts.