What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Trials

getsmarty

Immortal
DRAGONS

Knights trial, fan day revised timings
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 8 Feb 2019, 03:47 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons wish to advise revised timings for their upcoming trial and fan day on Saturday, February 23 against the Newcastle Knights at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

The Jersey Flegg and Intrust Super Premiership fixtures will now consist of 30-minute halves, at the request of George Rivers Council.

The council's request has come as a result of the undue stress on the field over the summer, and the need to accommodate an international women's football double header later in the month.

The fan day will still kick off at 2pm on the training ground behind the eastern hill of Jubilee Stadium; with the day's on-field action now scheduled to commence at 2:45pm with the Under-20s.

Only general admission tickets will be available to be purchased at Gates A and D on the day for $10. Children (up to the age of 14) can enter for free.

Revised timings for Knights trial, fan day:

• Gates open: 2:30pm
  • Jersey Flegg kick-off: 2:45pm
  • Intrust Super Premiership kick-off: 4:30pm
  • NRL kick-off: 6:30pm

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/02/08/knights-trial-fan-day-revised-timings/

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If all games are not being played on the main ground, it would have been better to split the event with the lower grade games being played at the gong.

denis preston

First Grade
The ground has gone from a white elephant to being over used ! Who would have thought . Better in the long run as more chance that it can get improvements & upgrades.The larger screen is the first of many improvements I hope.

Crush

Coach
I'll be attending this trial, I'm keen to see not only how the Dragons are looking but also the Knights.
$10 entry you can't go wrong. I've never been to watch a trial live, thats how much I am looking forward to 2019.
Cannot wait to see which players get a run at fullback for the 1st grade game. I'm guessing Dufty for a half and Norman for the other.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I'll be attending this trial, I'm keen to see not only how the Dragons are looking but also the Knights.
$10 entry you can't go wrong. I've never been to watch a trial live, thats how much I am looking forward to 2019.
Cannot wait to see which players get a run at fullback for the 1st grade game. I'm guessing Dufty for a half and Norman for the other.
I think the knights will be a tower of strength this year. If we can finish above them on the ladder we'll have had a good year

dragon-83

Juniors
All trials will be live on Nrl.com

LIVE STREAM - TRIAL GAMES Dragons v Knights: 6.30pm at Jubilee Stadium Live stream with free NRL Account on NRL.com, dragons.com.au, newcastleknights.com.au

getsmarty

Immortal
Matt Dufty re-signs with St George Illawarra as Dragons prepare for Newcastle Knights trial
  • Local Sport
    r0_272_5315_3272_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Local boy: Penshurst RSL junior Matt Dufty has re-signed with St George Illawarra for a further two seasons. Picture: John Veage
    St George Illawarra have received some much needed good news ahead of their first trial match with the re-signing of Matt Dufty.

The Dragons host Newcastle at Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Saturday night in their opening pre-season hit out.

It has been a horror off-season for St George Illawarra, with representative forward Jack de Belin charged with sexual assault and captain Gareth Widdop granted a release from his contract to return to England.

There had also been speculation that the 23-year-old Dufty may leave the club with the signing of Corey Norman to play five-eighth likely to force the shifting of Widdop to fullback this season.

But the retention of the Penshurst RSL junior until the end of the 2021 season has seen the Dragons lock down one of the brightest young prospects in the game.

“I'm very happy about re-signing for another two years. It wasn't a difficult decision. The Dragons is somewhere where I think I could play my best footy and where I wanted to stay,” Dufty said.

“I feel like a weight has been lifted. I've had it over my head for a while now and I'm glad the positive discussions I've had with the club has ended this way.

r0_259_5059_3115_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Picture: NRL Photos

“I'm really excited for this year to come. I'm not sure where I'll play but it's a good headache for [coach Paul McGregor] to have.

“We have all been playing different positions, trying to get our different combinations sorted and with the strike force we have, it's exciting to see how we all play.”

Dragons director of rugby league pathways and list management Ian Millward said the club was pleased to keep Dufty in the red V.

“He's a local junior who has gone through our pathway system and we know he's a person we want here long-term at this club. He's a passionate Dragons player who brings a real skill set to the team,” Millward said.

“We have been in deep discussions and negotiating with Matt and his agent since last year. He was aware of our discussions with Corey Norman at all times and he knew where his future lied at our club at all times.

“As for this year, we're really excited by 2019 with the depth and quality of our roster. In regards to what positions everyone plays, that's up to the coach. [The coach] is excited by not only the spine he has in 2019 but also 2020 and 2021.”

Kick-off on Saturday night is at 6.30pm.

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/...as-dragons-prepare-for-knights-trial/?cs=1633

getsmarty

Immortal
trial-v-knights---facebook-banner.jpg

CLUB NEWS

Game day information: Dragons v Knights trial
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 18 Feb 2019, 02:33 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will face the Newcastle Knights on Saturday, February 23 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah in pre-season trial.

Live stream: www.dragons.com.au

2pm: Fan day begins (Training field outside Gate D)
2:30pm: Gates open (Gates A & D)
2:45pm: Jersey Flegg kick-off
4:30pm: ISP kick-off
6:30pm: NRL kick-off

TICKETING

General admission tickets are available on the day and can be purchased at Gates A and Gate D for $10. Children (up to the age of 14) can enter for free.

Gate D box office opens: 2pm

Gate A box Office opens: 2:30pm

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

Platinum Red V members have free access to this fixture. A ticket can be redeemed at the box office upon proof of platinum membership. All other memberships are required to purchase a ticket.

Red V member enquiries

Should you have a membership enquiry on the day, please see membership staff at the Red V marquee outside Gate D, 2pm - 6:30pm.

Signing up on game day will also guarantee your membership card to arrive before our first home game and get your name on the 2019 member wall.

Red V prize vault

Members will have exclusive access to the Red V prize vault located at the membership marquee (outside Gate D). This interactive activation will allow members to step into the vault and do their best to grab a ticket. This ticket will redeem one of our many great prizes:

• Signed player and team posters
  • Signed Dragons football
  • Dragons Team Store merchandise and accessories
Please note: Members will be limited to one chance each so we wish you the best of luck.

FAN DAY

The Dragons Fan Day will be held on the training field from 2pm until 6:30pm.

There will be a range of exciting activities occurring to keep the family entertained:

• Jumping castles and inflatables
  • Bungy trampoline
  • Junior League activities, including pass the ball
  • Mini putt putt golf
  • Petting zoo
  • Face painters
  • Roving entertainment
There will be a DJ playing music throughout the afternoon with special appearances from Happy Dragon, the Flames cheerleaders, former Dragons players and the first grade team who will be taking on the Knights in the main game.

PASS OUTS

Pass outs will be available so fans can enjoy both the fan day activities and on field action throughout the day.

MERCHANDISE

The Dragons Team Store (St George Leagues Club) will be open from 10am until 6:30pm.

The Dragons merchandise van will be located in the fan day area outside Gate D. This is the perfect opportunity to stock up on 2019 Dragons merchandise range. 2019 members receive up to 20 per cent off merchandise.

A special $25 Dragons merchandise show bag will available on the day from the merchandise van, limited to the first 100 customers.

TRANSPORT INFORMATION

Shuttle buses

No shuttle buses will be in operation for the trial match.

Own transport and parking

Most streets within the Kogarah CBD have enforceable time restricted parking.

There are four parking stations within easy walking distance to Kogarah Station (where our shuttle bus starts).

Fees are involved in the first three parking stations. They are located at:

• Kogarah Town Square (entry via Derby Street)
  • Kogarah Town Centre (entry via ramp from Railway Parade)
  • Hospital car park (entry via South Street)
  • Rail commuter car park (entry via Station Street)
Disabled parking

Unfortunately no reserved disabled parking is available for this match, please use designated disabled parking near the venue.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/02/18/game-day-information-dragons-v-knights-trial/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Panthers have named 2 ex-Dragons for their trial on Saturday, Hame Sele at Lock and Matheson Johns from the bench.

Always thought Johns was someone we should have persevered with, but opportunity was probably thin at the Dragons for him.

TruSaint

Referee
Euan Aitken, Mitchell Allgood, Matt Dufty, Jai Field, Jackson Ford, Jacob Host, Ben Hunt, Josh Kerr, Tim Lafai, Jeremy Latimore, Blake Lawrie, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Joe Lovodua, Lachlan Maranta, Steven Marsters, Cameron McInnes, Darren Nicholls, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Mikaele Ravalawa, Reece Robson, Tristan Sailor, Korbin Sims, Tariq Sims, Lachlan Timm, Paul Vaughan, Gareth Widdop

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/02/19/nrl-team-trial-v-newcastle-knights/

TruSaint

Referee
No Pearson?

"The only players not playing are James, Tyson, Jonus who has been given time away from training and Jack who is unlikely to train too much this week after being sent home from training by the medical staff on Monday with an upper respiratory tract infection.

TruSaint

Referee
@Overseas dragon , quote from club re Jonus.

"The only players not playing are James, Tyson, Jonus who has been given time away from training and Jack who is unlikely to train too much this week after being sent home from training by the medical staff on Monday with an upper respiratory tract infection."

dragons.com.au