What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Captain

simmo05

Bench
Does this say that Packer has dropped his lip after ivan the dog left, or are we just going in another direction?

Das Hassler

Bench
He's a good choice and a sensible choice in having the captain on the field for the full 80....i can see his individual game going to another level as a result..perhaps the only choice of captain who's game would improve...or perhaps more accurately who's individual performance would not be diminished

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon it should have gone to Lawrence. Moses is though a potential star player and he presents himself well. I would have had Brooks as captain over Moses as well.

The Rosco

Bench
I reckon it should have gone to Lawrence. Moses is though a potential star player and he presents himself well. I would have had Brooks as captain over Moses as well.
Yeah, Brooks was the first name that came to mind for me . . . but I guess that relieving him of the extra pressure/workload might have come into play. Just let him focus on his role, not add more shit for him to deal with.

What has Brooks done to deserve being named captain? We need a leader, a winner, not a shy little boy
I can't ever see Brooks as a leader. Star player maybe but not a leader.
100% with you, let him continue (say 50% improvement) on with his game from last season, that's all the Tigers need from him at this stage.

Of the leadership group named, Moses is a great choice, the others named, well:
Luke Brooks - well he should be the leader of the halves, so fair enough.
Chris Lawrence - love to see him have an injury free year but, he will lead by example.
Benji Marshall - mentor role at best IMO.
Russell Packer - Madge will hopefully get the best out of him and being named might just see him lift with responsibility and
Robbie Farah - mentor role for Liddle, nothing more.

gordsy

Juniors
Good pick. Glad we didn't try to put more pressure on Brooks by giving him the captaincy plus he wold have used it for me money and try letting your captain go or having talk about contract dramas in the papers. Last thing we need.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We will probably cop a fine for this. Apparently if you confirm your captain in February who happens to have the same starting letter of both their first and last name and also that person is black then you are deemed racist and will cop $500k salary fine

stryker

First Grade
Yeah, Brooks was the first name that came to mind for me . . . but I guess that relieving him of the extra pressure/workload might have come into play. Just let him focus on his role, not add more shit for him to deal with.
Giving Brooks captaincy would be dumb to be frank. He is still struggling to control the side in attack let alone deal with the huge on and off field responsibilities that come with the job.
Moses is articulate, knowledgable and comfortable with the media. Good choice.