What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

emack

Juniors
Well, I am no lawyer, but your first sentence is opinion based on prima facie evidence and your second sentence is unsubstantiated, hearsay and probably relevant to the court case. Mods have a duty of care to err on the side of legal caution
This is a FORUM not a court of Law and 90% of posts on the board are opinions!!!!!!!!!!

Based on your logic, we should not discuss a players poor performance or whether or not he should be resigned as we may be sued. We can't talk about the referees, the board of the dragons, other teams players, Mary'/s contract extension or anything that may affect the legal outcome of anything or we may be sued..............what kind of logic is this? The forum is a place where we discuss our team, not where amateur lawyers decide what we can and can't say..............further, what about Channel 9, Channel 7 and Foxsports commentary on Jack? They should also be in legal trouble based on your twisted logic. We better make sure Matty Johns understands your new legal approach to things or he'll definitely end up in Silverwater Detention Centre...............why was it OK to discuss Hayne's situation without the legal purists standing up over that - or is it just when something negative happens to our team, suddenly its a no fly zone............a little common sense people.........

hazzbeen

Bench
This is a FORUM not a court of Law and 90% of posts on the board are opinions!!!!!!!!!!

Based on your logic, we should not discuss a players poor performance or whether or not he should be resigned as we may be sued. We can't talk about the referees, the board of the dragons, other teams players, Mary'/s contract extension or anything that may affect the legal outcome of anything or we may be sued..............what kind of logic is this? The forum is a place where we discuss our team, not where amateur lawyers decide what we can and can't say..............further, what about Channel 9, Channel 7 and Foxsports commentary on Jack? They should also be in legal trouble based on your twisted logic. We better make sure Matty Johns understands your new legal approach to things or he'll definitely end up in Silverwater Detention Centre...............why was it OK to discuss Hayne's situation without the legal purists standing up over that - or is it just when something negative happens to our team, suddenly its a no fly zone............a little common sense people.........
Right on mate , my post was also deleted without me saying to much ..... Because its our Jack we cant talk about it ......

Old Timer

Coach
Does anyone know if JDB is with his partner or is he a bachelor for the time being?
If he is reconciled then that would potentially indicate that things are progressing in a good way for him.
If not then his head space mightn't be too good and things will be a bit tuff for him regardless of any court proceedings.

SBD82

Coach
*Deleted*
Gee. Thanks for the promotion. Excuse me while I duck across the hall and let the magistrate know that he can go home.

Relax mate. I'm not giving you legal advice. I'm saying that on the balance of probabilities it is likely that the mods deleted your post because they are being cautious, and unlikely that they are targeting you.

Last edited by a moderator:

possm

Coach
Why not just wait until after Tuesday's hearing; we will know more then and it is only a couple of days away.

possm

Coach
Tuesday isn't a hearing. Unless Jack enters a guilty plea on Tuesday we will know nothing more than we do now.

Oh, I was under the impression that on Tuesday De Belin will plead guilty or not guilty and the will be a decision by the judge to go to trial or not. Is not there a possibility that De Belin could plead to a much lessor charge after negotiation between his legal advisors and the prosecution.

hewi

Bench
Oh, I was under the impression that on Tuesday De Belin will plead guilty or not guilty and the will be a decision by the judge to go to trial or not. Is not there a possibility that De Belin could plead to a much lessor charge after negotiation between his legal advisors and the prosecution.

IMO, there will be no negotiation, he will plead not guilty, he will probably forgo a commital hearing as that tends to show your cards and go to trial later this year.

SBD82

Coach
Pretty unlikely. I'd be surprised if the brief has even been served yet.

If he is going to plead to a lesser charge, they are likely to need a set of agreed facts. And that doesn't happen quickly.

possm

Coach
Pretty unlikely. I'd be surprised if the brief has even been served yet.

If he is going to plead to a lesser charge, they are likely to need a set of agreed facts. And that doesn't happen quickly.

If at this stage and time, the prosecution determine the facts do not stand up suffiently, a suitable settlement can be put forward for consideration of the judge on Tuesday and if agreed to, the case can be dismissed.

SBD82

Coach
If at this stage and time, the prosecution determine the facts do not stand up suffiently, a suitable settlement can be put forward for consideration of the judge on Tuesday and if agreed to, the case can be dismissed.
Sure. They can withdraw the charges. But that's pretty unlikely.

I hate to say it, but unless the alleged victim changes her statement, or De Belin pleads guilty, we are likely to be in for a lengthy process.

possm

Coach
Sure. They can withdraw the charges. But that's pretty unlikely.

I hate to say it, but unless the alleged victim changes her statement, or De Belin pleads guilty, we are likely to be in for a lengthy process.

Yes exactly. It will all come down to the attitude of the alleged victim if the defence can show the facts do not support the continuation of the proceedings.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Right on mate , my post was also deleted without me saying to much ..... Because its our Jack we cant talk about it ......
With respect hazzbeen, that's nonsense. Your post would have been deleted because it broke a rule. I can check the logs if you like and see the post and notification sent, but I know that no post gets deleted just because it's 'our Jack'.

As for emack's rant, he crossed the line. He even re-posted it but for some reason opted to remove the worst parts.

If a post is deleted, the normal thing for mods is to give fair notification as to the reason why the post was deleted. Unfortunately, that fair treatment is not getting a fair go in reply.

This is heavy stuff and I apologise in advance to those who think this next paragraph is dull reading... but my advice to anyone who believes they are legal experts is to think again. Many posts are deleted to protect you, the poster. Mods don't want to do it, and know that it is a thankless unpaid work. But if we didn't act, these forums wouldn't be be around for very long. Moreover, LU will take the legal call that will surely ruin our week. BUT the poster may find themselves with 10x the hassle. So if you don't give a stuff about LU, at least think of the hassle you may cause yourself. And yes, before you ask, it has happened before.

Please keep this in mind before you post what you believe is 'the truth'.

Not sure how much of this is registering, but I hope you can do your best to appreciate the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes on, just to provide you with this free forum.

And thanks to those many posters who do work with the mods and help to keep the site online. You are in the majority.

As always, I am happy to clarify anything by PM.

On the matter of duplicate threads...

Just a reminder, because it is obviously needed. Posted January 21:
Threads merged.

If anyone knows of any other threads on the same topic, please feel free to used the Report link. Having a go at a poster who starts a duplicate thread doesn't resolve anything. Equally, making the 'suggestion' in the open forum that the threads should be merged offers no guarantee that it will be seen by a moderator.

Again, the Report link is there for a reason. It would benefit everyone if you use it and work with the mods.

If you don't wish to use the Report function, then feel free to contact me by PM (ie start a private conversation).

Thanks.

hazzbeen

Bench
With respect hazzbeen, that's nonsense. Your post would have been deleted because it broke a rule. I can check the logs if you like and see the post and notification sent, but I know that no post gets deleted just because it's 'our Jack'.

As for emack's rant, he crossed the line. He even re-posted it but for some reason opted to remove the worst parts.

If a post is deleted, the normal thing for mods is to give fair notification as to the reason why the post was deleted. Unfortunately, that fair treatment is not getting a fair go in reply.

This is heavy stuff and I apologise in advance to those who think this next paragraph is dull reading... but my advice to anyone who believes they are legal experts is to think again. Many posts are deleted to protect you, the poster. Mods don't want to do it, and know that it is a thankless unpaid work. But if we didn't act, these forums wouldn't be be around for very long. Moreover, LU will take the legal call that will surely ruin our week. BUT the poster may find themselves with 10x the hassle. So if you don't give a stuff about LU, at least think of the hassle you may cause yourself. And yes, before you ask, it has happened before.

Not sure how much of this is registering, but I hope you can do your best to appreciate the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes on, just to provide you with this free forum.

And thanks to those many posters who do work with the mods and help to keep the site online. You are in the majority.

Willow please check the log for me mate .....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow please check the log for me mate .....
No problem, I can do that. But we can't go into detail in the open forum as it is against our rules.

What I can say is that no post has been deleted "because its our Jack we cant talk about it ......"

That fact that there are currently 355 posts discussing this very subject has put paid to such a claim.

hazzbeen

Bench
No problem, I can do that. But we can't go into detail in the open forum as it is against our rules.

What I can say is that no post has been deleted "because its our Jack we cant talk about it ......"

That fact that there are currently 355 posts discussing this very subject has put paid to such a claim.
Willow I'm not having a go at you , if you can send me my post to see what I did write as i didn't think that I had accused him . I might be wrong ....

Old Timer

Coach
You should have received a notification....?
Willow
Maybe best for you and Hazza to do this via PM rather than some of it in the open forum
It is only inviting others into a situation that really rests between the poster and the mods and you should be able to sort that without unwarranted flack from others.
I’ve had my disagreements with mods but have learnt over a long time that some things are best said in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.