What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Brisbane Broncos finish in 2019?

Where will the Brisbane Broncos finish in 2019?

• Total voters

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If the young bucks in the forwards aren't overawed and find their feet fairly quickly, easily top 4. If they don't, 5th to 8th will be the lock. I can't see Seibold falling in a heap and leading us to a bottom 8 finish in his debut year as coach after all the drama and hype in the off season.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think on paper we are comfortably top 4.

I don't think we are too young in the forwards. Offa has been around a while and close to QLD selection. TPJ has been around a while and will get selected for NSW barring injury. Sua, it must be what his 3rd or 4th year in the top grade? Lodge has gotten through the toughest year he will have in the NRL. Fifita is inexperienced but looks at home in the NRL. The biggest question mark re: NRL is probably Haas, but an amazing prospect. We also have experience and leadership in Gillett and Glenn. Throw in the old hard heads in Taga and Fensom to provide mentoring.

I don't want to hear excuses this year that we are too young, we have seemed to be hearing that for several years now. It's time to step up from that.

As someone else posted, I think our success will rely a lot on the halves. Neither of them are true half backs, but Milf is trying to fill that role.

I'm also not a massive fan of McCullough, but as long as he does a decent job then we have plenty of other attacking strike power on the field.

This is the team I am hoping for Round 1.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Isaako
6. Nikorima
7. Milford (can swap numbers with Nikorima if desired)
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr

14. Staggs or best prop in trials not already in team (depending if we want utility on bench)
15. Glenn
16. Haas
17. Fifita

That's a great looking team tbh.

Daza06

Juniors
I'm surprised 5th to 8th is the most voted for option. The more I look at the Broncos and hear from the players on Seibold the higher I think they will finish.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Seibold will do wonders for them. With all the favors ( I don’t mean ref ones. I mean consistent 7 day turn arounds and having 23 players on TPAs) they get it’s a failure every year the Broncos don’t make the Top 4. The drubbing from the Dragons last year will help them in the long term. I’d say top 4, how the spine goes will decide how much further they go.

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos are only set to receive five seven day turn-arounds, you'll have to find a different cliche.

With the way the salary cap works, teams are always bound to have a flat year or two. The Roosters missed the finals altogether and it was the best thing that happened to them.

Reactions: gUt

hellteam

First Grade
Call me crazy but I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a premiership.

The Roosters will be tough to beat but I'm confident we can knock them off in the GF

ju2au

Juniors
I predict outside the Top 8; let's see if I was right or have egg on my face come September 2019.