What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 SG Ball & Matts

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dy8y_cZU0AAyT12.jpg:large

SG Ball R1 results wrap: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32742-results-2019-une-sg-ball-cup-round-1/

Perth Red

Post Whore
My point was that they should play later - like 6pm or something, even if that's 9pm or 8pm here.

I’m not sure if they fly back same night to save money hence why they play early in the day? It doesn’t really cool much this time of year until sun drops, they could play under lights but I suspect they must fly out or it would be happening.

girvie

Staff member
Some interesting round one results.

Central Coast went down to Parramatta 16-10 in SG Ball and went down on goal kicking 14-20 (3 tries all) in Harold Matts.

Illawarra and the Roosters had big wins in SG Ball while Newcastle, Penrith and Balmain were dominant in Matts.

footyhead1

Juniors
Sharks look to be in real trouble, They had 3 players out but still they were well below the standard you have come to expect from them. CC very unlucky. Tigers lucky to be that close to Dragons and the Roosters smashing Panthers!

kbw

Bench
Sharks look to be in real trouble, They had 3 players out but still they were well below the standard you have come to expect from them!

Not sure what is going on down there, I have heard they are struggling for numbers in the Tarsha Gale which surprises me as they won the comp last year undefeated

siv

First Grade
I suspect the NRLW decisions have had a negative effect in participation numbers with players leaving to other clubs or just walking away

Timmah

Staff member
I suspect the NRLW decisions have had a negative effect in participation numbers with players leaving to other clubs or just walking away
maxresdefault.jpg

We get it, you hate the NRLW

KAB

Juniors
CC V PARRA - HM a game that could have gone any way the coast to lead but parra just needed to hold on to the ball and they would score, Too much drop ball from both sides completion rate poor. Loads of room for improvement thank God Wyong cover the entry gate.
BALL - the same as the Matt’s game drop ball, parra seemed to be lacking some spark. Like HM try scored in the last few minutes by parra to win.

Timmah

Staff member
I was at the Steelers vs Eels game and I swear the score was 12-26 to the Eels. Edward Pierce scored a try not long after Patrick Spence was binned.
Official record has it at 26-8: https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/harold-matthews-cup/2019/round-2/steelers-v-eels/

Eels are saying 26-14: https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/02/17/eels-junior-rep-results/

Dragons haven't said anything.

Edit: a closer look at the NSWRL site shows a third conversion attempt despite the absence of a second try. On LU I'll award the third try to Pierce and correct the score to 26-12.

Last edited:

George Dragon

Juniors

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190219-100011_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190219-100011_Chrome.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20190219-100035_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190219-100035_Chrome.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 3

siv

First Grade
They do seem to have ongoing issues dont they

No one seems to review the online data and make corrections when needed

footyhead1

Juniors
Even though its only round 3 this weekend there are some surprising ladder positions especially in SG BALL. Central Coast looked good again on the weekend. Parramatta looked like they could have scored whenever they pleased against Illawarra. Dragons sitting on top with a buy this weekend!! Although they only beat Perth the last win against a tigers team that just put 40 past Canberra might suggest they are not to bad this year, They have BYE, Manly, Canberra, Norths in the next 4 rounds. Newcastle sitting on 0 points? and the Magpies giving the Roosters a touch up.