What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the North Queensland Cowboys finish in 2019?

Where will the North Queensland Cowboys finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Ben Barba
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Enari Tuala
5. Nene Macdonald
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Michael Morgan
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

John Asiata
Scott Bolton
Ben Hampton
Matthew Scott

Clem Gould

Juniors
Naturally as a cows tragic i am a little more cautious after last years disaster but still have a strong enough rating of our squad to have them top four chances.We have had the luxury of a stable off season and should be ready from rnd1.

TheFrog

Coach
If Barba fires they will do well. Not convinced that will happen though. Some of the forwards are getting long in the tooth. Borderline top 8 IMHO.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
If Barba fires they will do well. Not convinced that will happen though. Some of the forwards are getting long in the tooth. Borderline top 8 IMHO.

McLean ended the year well for the Cowboys. I think Coen Hess will bounce back. There are big questions marks on the impact Matt Scott will have. Taumalolo should be fine.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Naturally as a cows tragic i am a little more cautious after last years disaster but still have a strong enough rating of our squad to have them top four chances.We have had the luxury of a stable off season and should be ready from rnd1.

I hope there is a change in the style of play. The game plan needs to evolve a bit.

MightyMoo

Juniors
In past seasons, when ever there's been hype, we've crashed and burned. Slow start then scrape into 8.

beave

Coach
I hope there is a change in the style of play. The game plan needs to evolve a bit.

The players have also got to step the f**k up. A lot of those
guys let the coaches loyalty down big time in 2018. And injuries cruelled us, this fact gets over looked by everyone when assessing our 2018. We were shit, you won’t get an argument from me, but it’s understandable considering the key players that missed a lot of time.

The players have now also experienced the shitty times, a lot of them have only been there whilst we are making the finals and GF’s. I’d say a fair bit of complacency crept in for 2018.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
The players have also got to step the f**k up. A lot of those
guys let the coaches loyalty down big time in 2018. And injuries cruelled us, this fact gets over looked by everyone when assessing our 2018. We were shit, you won’t get an argument from me, but it’s understandable considering the key players that missed a lot of time.

The players have now also experienced the shitty times, a lot of them have only been there whilst we are making the finals and GF’s. I’d say a fair bit of complacency crept in for 2018.

I only agree to an extent about the injury excuse. The team was struggling well before a lot of the players were on the sidelines. I do think that it contributed to the boys not bouncing back, though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The pack will very strong and should have decent firepower off the bench. Issue is scoring points. Now without Barba the 1-5 could be the worst in the comp. Will need Morgan to have back end of 17 form all year to make the finals IMO

beave

Coach
The pack will very strong and should have decent firepower off the bench. Issue is scoring points. Now without Barba the 1-5 could be the worst in the comp. Will need Morgan to have back end of 17 form all year to make the finals IMO

worst in the comp? jesus mate, Feldt is pushing for an origin gig now that Val has gone to sepolia. Justin o’neill is hot and cold but is serviceable enough and Nene McDonald is a very decent winger. I don’t think we’ll win the comp but the outside backs aren’t that bad.

Vic Mackey

Referee
worst in the comp? jesus mate, Feldt is pushing for an origin gig now that Val has gone to sepolia. Justin o’neill is hot and cold but is serviceable enough and Nene McDonald is a very decent winger. I don’t think we’ll win the comp but the outside backs aren’t that bad.

I’d actually forgotten about Nene, very good winger and yes Feldt is certainly above average. Oneil? Geez I’d just about take Dale Copley over These Days. Maybe was a bit harsh but My last sentence doesn’t change in my mind.

beave

Coach
I’d actually forgotten about Nene, very good winger and yes Feldt is certainly above average. Oneil? Geez I’d just about take Dale Copley over These Days. Maybe was a bit harsh but My last sentence doesn’t change in my mind.

all good mate. Barba’s stupidity has not only cost him but it has cost the NQ club deluxe.

Even the transfer fee we paid St. Helens for the merkin has been pissed against a wall it seems.

sigh.