What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

possm

Coach
Yes, hence the reason for my short previous post. Notifications go into our private areas... cue to schoolyard jokes.
lol. Never!. Everyone loves mods.

Hey, when I was new to the forum and made some mis-steps, I rember you going out of your way to assist. I will always remain very thankful.

jeffdragon

Bench
Jdb has pleaded not guilty and has applied for a alteration to his bail conditions so he can travel.
The prosecution disagrees with that and wants him to report to police more often.

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
What are the bail conditions?
What is the trial date?
Possm Fox sports didn't say what date next court appearance is but bail conditions changed so he doesn't have to report to police 3 times a week the prosecution didn't want that changed but magistrate said JDB is not a flight risk and the prosecution knows that

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
JDB pleaded not guilty and magistrate agreed to change bail conditions so he no longer has to report to police 3 times a week..Prosecution objected to bail conditions being changed

possm

Coach
Jack de Belin pleads not guilty in rape case; bail conditions changed due to ‘high profile’

St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin has entered a not guilty plea in Wollongong Local Court over the alleged rape of a 19-year-old woman on December 9.

The incumbent NSW Origin lock also asked the court to alter his bail conditions, with his lawyer saying his rugby league commitments make it difficult for him to report three times a week.

According to Illawarra Mercury court reporter Shannon Tonkin, police were resisting the change of conditions, but the magistrate granted the application saying de Belin was “too high profile” to be considered a flight risk.

His co-accused, friend Callan Sinclair (21), also pleaded not guilty through his lawyer Graeme Morrison — he was supported by his parents.

It is alleged that de Belin, Sinclair and a 19-year-old woman had attended a Christmas pub crawl in Wollongong and left in a taxi with the woman believing she was being taken to another night spot.

Instead, the trio arrived at a private residence.

According to the woman’s statement to police, the men claimed they needed to get changed, and she needed to use the bathroom, so she followed them inside the apartment.

When she came back out of the room, about 1.30am, she alleges both men were naked and they sexually assaulted her.

After the alleged assault, the woman says she told a friend and went to hospital for treatment.

De Belin voluntarily made a statement at Wollongong Police Station about 3.40pm on December 13, and was charged with on ecoun tof aggravated sexual assault.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/62793ee5fcd22310321d90d766b8cd7f

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
What are the bail conditions?
What is the trial date?
I just read on 9news website case adjourned to April 17. That won't be the trial date but to see if defence and prosecution are ready to proceed to trial or they could set a date for a commital hearing

denis preston

First Grade
Jesus , i believe innocence until proven guilty but we are going to have at least 500k of our cap being wasted , as i doubt he couldn't concentrate to perform to anywhere near his best. Best for all he has a year off.It is also a massive distraction for the rest of the group.Unfortunate situation if he is innocent.
Even if the cops have got DNA it still doesn't prove it was not consensual so perhaps they are so dogmatic as they have something else that implicates him.

All conjecture of course but It's a mess and could derail our season..

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ar##holes. They are trying to f##k up his football career, don’t believe innocent until proven guilty. It’s guilty until proven innocent.
What a load of shit. Tighter bail has nothing to do with a verdict whatsoever. It's just regarding police checks until the case

Unfortunately there are gonna be idiots who if god forbid, Jack is found hypothetically guilty, they'll come out with "he was judged guilty from day 1 etc" bullshit

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
, i believe innocence until proven guilty but we are going to have at least 500k of our cap being wasted , as i doubt he couldn't concentrate to perform to anywhere near his best.
This would be the situation if he were injured. Interesting to see whether Greenberg lets him play. You didn't really think something as serious as this would be finalised today, did you?

denis preston

First Grade
This would be the situation if he were injured. Interesting to see whether Greenberg lets him play. You didn't really think something as serious as this would be finalised today, did you?
That is my point.It is going to drag on and be a massive distraction for the club.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I've seen people on twitter who were expecting an outcome lol. The general public being told details of court cases was a mistake, you just get idiots who know nothing about the details saying the most uninformed crap
Ar##holes. They are trying to f##k up his football career, don’t believe innocent until proven guilty. It’s guilty until proven innocent.
The funniest part of this horribly misguided and uninformed comment is you're reacting to falsehoods. The magistrate granted JDB's relaxed reporting conditions as he's too high profile to be a flight risk, understandably they limit international travel but he can now resume his career in the meantime.

Try reading more than a 3 line forum post before going on a tin foil hat tangent in future

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Such hysteria and I’ll informed comments are amazing
Now some people will expect an outcome in April and will rant and rave when that doesn’t happen
People need to settle down and let the club and NRL decide whether JDB gets to play or not and let the court action take its normal course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts