What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2019

George Dragon

Juniors
I don't think you're able to. The NRL are now removing player highlight videos from youtube due to copyright.
True
I've had a few clips blocked. Some I have cropped to remove logo.
Getting a copy of the Charity Shield would be hard enough let alone uploading it.
Uploading to face book is even harder

nontime111

Juniors
jeff do you know if NRL dot com stream games live for free?
Or do you know if the Dragons website streamed charity shield live last year for free also?

jeffdragon

Bench
Or do you know if the Dragons website streamed charity shield live last year for free also?
Charity shield
Last year i was out and watched on my phone on nrl website,
Nrl games can be watched on phone or device but have to pay
Subscription cost me $4 a week to stream games
It is a NRL live pass ,through google play card
Instead of going to a club i watch on my phone.

True_Believer

Juniors

As jeff says, they stream games on nrl.com as part of the live pass. I wasn't aware they did it with the charity shield, but if they do, that might be your best bet. If you have a Telstra account for your mobile phone, you should be able to get Live Pass for free. I have a Telstra account and watch some of the games on the phone when I can't get to a Foxtel televised game. I haven't paid for Live Pass for a couple of years now - I think you have to setup an NRL account or something.

There is a restriction to the size of the screen though. So you can't stream a live game to anything larger than 7inches I think. So if you want to watch it live, it has to be on a phone or tablet. You can watch it on the computer after they upload it onto the site - but that may be a few days after it's been played.

nontime111

Juniors
thanks my fellow mighty RED AND WHITE legends!!

I dont have a mobile phone hehe, total luddite here, I only see the repeated games on chanel 9 site.....ill cross my fingers someone sneakily can upload to youtube for all of us outside the matrix loop..... it does happen, I think this is how i got to see it last year....but it was only up for a few days, GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
As jeff says, they stream games on nrl.com as part of the live pass. I wasn't aware they did it with the charity shield, but if they do, that might be your best bet. If you have a Telstra account for your mobile phone, you should be able to get Live Pass for free. I have a Telstra account and watch some of the games on the phone when I can't get to a Foxtel televised game. I haven't paid for Live Pass for a couple of years now - I think you have to setup an NRL account or something.

There is a restriction to the size of the screen though. So you can't stream a live game to anything larger than 7inches I think. So if you want to watch it live, it has to be on a phone or tablet. You can watch it on the computer after they upload it onto the site - but that may be a few days after it's been played.

Sorry TB, only just saw your post after posting mine.

nontime111

Juniors
Will this game be live streamed the St George Dragons website, like last week?
what Frank said........only way I can see it also I SO hope they do for us who just dont have the nouse to even work out how to pay for these NRL subscriptions Im a total luddite un computer savvy bushy but would LOVE to see it..... please Dragons club can you show it live like the Knights trial last week ?? that would make my week!

Crush

Coach
This game will be shown on fox so if you have foxtel or kayo sports you can watch it. Otherwise I'm sure many pubs will show it if you are in NSW.

kit66

Bench
I got sick of trying to watch NRL Pass on small screens so I got a deal for Foxtel through my Bigpond Account. Last year they had a special 12 month contract $29 a month for a sport and entertainment package ( $39 for HD ) which gave me every NRL game on my TV or computer plus a bunch of other channels. When the contract ran out last week they tried to put the price up double to $58 but I haggled and got it down to $38 for another 12 months. They send you out a Foxtel box. If they have to install it it'll cost you about $100 extra. It's a pretty good deal, I hate Fox but I'm too old to sit squinting at a little screen. I can record games as well on the box.

Lewish33

Juniors
I got sick of trying to watch NRL Pass on small screens so I got a deal for Foxtel through my Bigpond Account. Last year they had a special 12 month contract $29 a month for a sport and entertainment package ( $39 for HD ) which gave me every NRL game on my TV or computer plus a bunch of other channels. When the contract ran out last week they tried to put the price up double to $58 but I haggled and got it down to $38 for another 12 months. They send you out a Foxtel box. If they have to install it it'll cost you about $100 extra. It's a pretty good deal, I hate Fox but I'm too old to sit squinting at a little screen. I can record games as well on the box.
Kayo Sports for $25 a month is great value. Can watch it on your phone or TV in HD. I've got it set up on Android tv with the Shield but you can chrome cast it too.

It's worked perfectly so far, big test will be when the big games are on. Let's hope I didn't jump the gun getting rid of foxtel

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This is what we want to see tonight .........................

634712ec6e118bc2e2f6e2cc0283cc94

15b7f4d1315f405e5362dc6798b94898

huntb-scores-a-try--180424-gp-10.jpg

.........and plenty more please!

Latest posts