What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Stars

tiger102

Juniors
Hi All,
Do we have any young stars in the making, that are coming thru the lower grades? As I live in Queensland and don't hear anything about the lower grades or what players are worth keeping an eye on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
@tiger102 Tom Mikaele is only one likely to debut this year. Powerhouse forward who will push for a bench spot early in the yeat. I don’t think Sam McIntyre is good enough for first grade and Dylan Smith won’t be ready this year.

The development guys we’ve got this year are a much better batch then last years. All 4 have played juniour reps.

Jock Madden - 5/8 from Newcastle. Very highly rated half who starred for Aus Schoolboys. Goal kicker too
Kane Bradley - backrower Fromm Saints. Huge unit, only 18 and 195cm 107kgs
Tommy Talau - lock from Dogs. Willie Talaus son. Skillful yet hard runner
Alex Seyfarth - backrower from WTs Flegg. Workhorse who’s already played nsw Cup

We’ve also nabbed Zac Cini from Penrith and Kurt Dillon from Canterbury both exciting backs. Cini has signed for 3 years, electric runner who scored 4 tries for Aus SchoolBoys recently. Dillon was the leading try scorer in SG Ball last year.

Cini in particular is one to keep an eye on. Probably 2 years off but I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a bit of hype around him in 12-18 months.

That’s Madden, Cini and Talau with their Jnr roos jerseys

034CD2FF-7960-419C-B182-F37BCB396EDD.jpeg

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Good stuff vic, im in the same boat. Live in nq and work interstate, dont get to watch anything except nrl. Good to see a good bunch of young fellas on the books...

tiger102

Juniors
Thanks, Vic. Good to see we do have some good young talent at the club. Kurt Dillon do you mean Logen Dillon? we seem to have signed quite a few players from different clubs for Jersey Flegg squad, hopefully we may uncover a few good players. Good to see two Qld boys in there as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks, Vic. Good to see we do have some good young talent at the club. Kurt Dillon do you mean Logen Dillon? we seem to have signed quite a few players from different clubs for Jersey Flegg squad, hopefully we may uncover a few good players. Good to see two Qld boys in there as well.

Apologies yes it’s Logen Dillon. Apparently the Dogs see him as a winger and we said we’d give him a crack at fullback so he came here.

We also have Magpies Juniour forward Henry Lealuga-Phouta training with the fulltime squad along with Soni Luke a young hooker we got from Penrith.

Hoping our Flegg side is much better performed then the last couple of years.

wilson merritt

Juniors
Apologies yes it’s Logen Dillon. Apparently the Dogs see him as a winger and we said we’d give him a crack at fullback so he came here.

We also have Magpies Juniour forward Henry Lealuga-Phouta training with the fulltime squad along with Soni Luke a young hooker we got from Penrith.

Hoping our Flegg side is much better performed then the last couple of years.[/
seen this Dillon play last year in the ball could be the surprise packet out of all of them great footwork and very very quick looks talented this kid

super_coach

First Grade
Like Vic said we have actually gone out of our junior league and imported some really promising talent for the first in years. Of course there are no certainty’s when it comes to great young talent making the big step into the NRL, but this young bunch we have now probably have more chance than most, but don’t get to excited, it will take a few years and by than the Parasites of the NRL will be ready to pounce

Tiger Ted

Bench
One of my sources in tigertown reckons we’ve signed a gun 20’s backrower from manly surname schulster.

One of Madge’s many strengths is identifying quality juniors & preparing them for the big league.

Vic Mackey

Referee
One of my sources in tigertown reckons we’ve signed a gun 20’s backrower from manly surname schulster.

One of Madge’s many strengths is identifying quality juniors & preparing them for the big league.

We’ve signed Manlys Ex NYC coach who won the comp in 2017. Apparently a top talent spotter and very well liked by the kids. So guessing he had a lot to do with it. He (name escapes me) Kelly Egan and Madge will wonders for our juniour recruitment.

wilson merritt

Juniors

He’s playing 6 for manly sgball at the moment he’s big he’s got pace for a big kid and got good ball skills kid can play

Latest posts