What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Bennett is weaving his magic tpa's he is teaching our owners and heirachy how the rorters/storm/broncos do it hail to the king wayne bennett #22 is coming very very soon.

uksouthsfan

Juniors
Word over here in the uk is that Castleford made an enquiry for Turner but because he has a baby due soon he’s decided to stay in Aus.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This Lachlan Ilias kid we just signed looks the goods. Great step, great defensive reads. Hope he gets a run in the Flegg side for Return to Redfern. Also they Union were calling the 15yo Joseph Suaalii kid we just signed the new Israel Falou. Future looks bright.

2 great young signings although to be called the next "Israel Folau" or the next "Greg Inglis" is so common these days it's lost its meaning. Hopefully they both can create their own legacy.

ThingFish

Juniors
Rabbitohs sign young talent from rugby union ranks: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/02/12/rabbitohs-sign-young-talent-from-rugby-union-ranks/

Obviously signing Union players is always a bit of an unknown and I don't know much about them but gee, they sound class. Good signings and I can't wait to see how they progress over the next few years.
Both play league as well. Suaalii played in our Harold Matts last year and Ilias played SG Ball for Balmain. I’m liking these younger kids we’ve been signing, I think we also signed a couple already this off season. I think it shows forward thinking. I remember back in 15 we signed an Australian School boy named Angus Chricton, and in 16 we signed a couple of gun kids called Doueihi and Campbell Graham. Now we have the development pathways it makes sense to get em while they’re young.

callmack1

Staff member
Wow, rumours that Ethan Lowe is on his way to us for this Season!!!! He is set to get a release from the Cowboys soon an join us!!

This is huge! Lowe was down on form last year but in my opinion, he is a friggin quality player if he finds his form. If that is the case, he's good enough to play Origin.

Throughout 2015-2017 he was insane! Just imagine him coming off our bench.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Wow, rumours that Ethan Lowe is on his way to us for this Season!!!! He is set to get a release from the Cowboys soon an join us!!

This is huge! Lowe was down on form last year but in my opinion, he is a friggin quality player if he finds his form. If that is the case, he's good enough to play Origin.

Throughout 2015-2017 he was insane! Just imagine him coming off our bench.
Where is the money coming from? Poor jennings is waiting, we all think its turner not moving on holding his resigning up and yet we've found coin for lowe? No offence Ill believe it when its announced.

Uksouthsfan apparently johnston is staying put hey its the old salty dog bennett working his tpa's like the rorters/storm/broncos do.wayne bennett is our best signing by far he has a lot more to teach souths yet remember that stay tuned bennett is a genius this is a great signing if true.with lowe off the bench with liam knight this will add further impact with lowe standing at 6ft 4in at 107kg..

i was tickled pink when wayne bennett signed with souths but strangely a few souths mates of mine were sceptical well the sceptics are wrong wayne bennett is going to get us #22 and it may well happen in 2019.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Ethan Lowe is a great signing and just an indication of the player pull Bennett has. There were rumours of unrest at North Queensland last year and I think Lowe was one of those players which is why he didn’t play as well. What is going on with our cap though? Are we the new roosters?

ThingFish

Juniors
Could we be swapping Alex Johnston for Ethan Lowe and then resigning Jennings with the money left over
The AJ swap makes sense. They are after a FB. It’s the only way I can see us both retaining Jennings (as rumoured), and signing Ethan Lowe (as rumoured).

I must say I’m not as happy as others about Lowe, but happy to be proven wrong.