What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary's Contract Be Extended For another 3 Year Term?

Sould Mary's Contract Be Extended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank Facer

First Grade
We should sign a new coach, even if we make the top 4. I think any coach should be able to make the top 4 with the roster we currently have. Mary has had more than enough time as our first grade coach. It is time for a new coach with new fresh ideas.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I always wonder why people who detest McGregor and want him removed stull refer to him with a lame, tame and somewhat affectionate reference to "Mary".
If you want action stop being such soft ....., no one in any management position is going to take you seriously if your first aporoach is referring to someone with endearment.
Btw i voted no as i believe any talk of extending McGregor should be based on this upcoming season and i want to at least see him coach for his life.

possm

Coach
Why have a caveat of 3 years in the question?
1 year is too much.

After reading a post that the Board was considering an extension of 3 years, I was so upset that I launched the poll having the mind that most members on hear would not agree with this. I also think that the vast majority of SGI fans would also object to this however, to get those stats would be very difficult.

LINESPEED

Juniors
We should sign a new coach, even if we make the top 4. I think any coach should be able to make the top 4 with the roster we currently have. Mary has had more than enough time as our first grade coach. It is time for a new coach with new fresh ideas.

Yes Frank, absolutely.

But we use the word ‘ideas’ rather loosely in relation to Waterboy?
Ideation requires the prerequisite of grey matter function - hitherto unreported in this imposter.

Shite - I can’t think of 1 coaching /footy idea he’s had! (Sorry my bad: “Shorten the field’ ‘Ban the bomb’ lol & lol)

Voluminous gobsmacking excuses for failure though.

Time to find those coupons for Dan’s , prime the missus, paint the deck & book the shrink

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
If we win the comp or make it at worst to the GF qualifier
Well there you have it, three people have voted yes. Two are having a joke and one is a shark supporter.

Doesn't Mary have any friends in here?
I dont have to as you would be on top of this but I will refer you to the 8,000 + posts in the Sack McGregor thread and Mary Contract Extension Talks thread nearly 200 posts and any other thread that his name is mentioned about his coaching.
The answer is Yes....but if there is any it would be a (non troll) extremely low count of maybe 1 or 2.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think you should be coach Frank

possm

Coach
Should Mary be extended is the core question of the Poll. So your preference is what is being sought rather than your opinion of what the Board may decide. The Poll is currently running 88.5% No and 11.5% yes. All though is is a sample of the fan population, forum members are usually well informed and most have a good understanding of the implications that an extension will bring.