What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Durban Feb 13-17 2019 - SRI LANKA WON BY 1 WICKET

Bazal

Post Whore
SA 4/89 at lunch

A blow in, with no understanding of context, might suggest that this bowling performance so far makes Burns' and Heads' hundreds far better....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saffa’s all out for 235 with the Lankan’s 1 for 49.

You’d have to say day 1 to them but they have a tail that would make a dinosaur blush.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wonder what DeKock and Dickwella top scorer for both sides way paying?

Love to see SL put on over 350, cant see it though, probably get around what SA got

Iafeta

Referee
Wow I sure am surprised that Aleem Derp came up with a shocking decision.

Said no one ever.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wow I sure am surprised that Aleem Derp came up with a shocking decision.

Said no one ever.

that was atrocious, I mean a bad decision now and then is human but knocking back a review because they took too long when in fact it was only 13 seconds is pretty poor, most umps err on the side of caution anyway when it comes to the 15 second rule

Iafeta

Referee
Damn I missed it....love a trademark Aleem derp.

It was a horror show.

Amla trapped LBW for nought. Sri Lanka appeal. Derp says not out. They convene. 13 seconds later they signal for a DRS. Derp refused it saying it was longer than 15 seconds. He also never said “10 seconds” as all umpires are supposed to do, so one, not only was it a horrible decision in the first place, two, he didn’t give them a 10 second warning but three he didn’t even give them their allotted 15 seconds to appeal his decision.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It was a horror show.

Amla trapped LBW for nought. Sri Lanka appeal. Derp says not out. They convene. 13 seconds later they signal for a DRS. Derp refused it saying it was longer than 15 seconds. He also never said “10 seconds” as all umpires are supposed to do, so one, not only was it a horrible decision in the first place, two, he didn’t give them a 10 second warning but three he didn’t even give them their allotted 15 seconds to appeal his decision.

and to make matters worse, replays showed he was out

TheParraboy

Staff member
It was a horror show.

to be honest, I don't like this 15 second / let me have a chat with my colleague(s) first rule

The batsman should say within 5 seconds if he wants it reviewed, same as for bowlers

Id also like the 3rd umpire to over rule things more often off his own bat
eg in the bbl, Jackson Bird got called by the umpire for a no ball (front foot NB) and it wasn't, there was plenty of time before Jackson had to bowl the free hit delivery for it to be over ruled

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
SA 170 ahead with 6 wickets left
3 days to play

they post another 100 and they should be safe and win the test

Bazal

Post Whore
Dean Elgar could play Lillee, Marshall and Holding with a door snake.

Dean Elgar couldn't play Vasbert Drakes with a door at the moment.

And Amla couldn't play Suleman Benn.

Maybe they both need to stop wearing helmets and be real proper men, that might help?

Bazal

Post Whore
It was a horror show.

Lol. He's a f**king space cadet. Worst umpire in the panel

Iafeta

Referee
to be honest, I don't like this 15 second / let me have a chat with my colleague(s) first rule

The batsman should say within 5 seconds if he wants it reviewed, same as for bowlers

Id also like the 3rd umpire to over rule things more often off his own bat
eg in the bbl, Jackson Bird got called by the umpire for a no ball (front foot NB) and it wasn't, there was plenty of time before Jackson had to bowl the free hit delivery for it to be over ruled

They need to rethink the no ball rule in general. If they initiate the above, if a batsman hears a no ball call and knows he can’t get out caught or bowled etc, he’s going to try to play a risky aggressive shot. To get that overturned after the event wouldn’t be fair on the batsman.

I’m assuming the system they need (but would be cost prohibitive) would be the tennis fault calling system.

Latest posts