What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Durban Feb 13-17 2019 - SRI LANKA WON BY 1 WICKET

Bazal

Post Whore
They need to rethink the no ball rule in general. If they initiate the above, if a batsman hears a no ball call and knows he can’t get out caught or bowled etc, he’s going to try to play a risky aggressive shot. To get that overturned after the event wouldn’t be fair on the batsman.

I’m assuming the system they need (but would be cost prohibitive) would be the tennis fault calling system.

How hard is it to have something, maybe a buzzer in the umpires earpiece, and just have the third or fourth umpire sitting there tapping a button when a no ball is bowled?

Umpire doesn't even have to look at the line, and the camera is set up perfectly for it. And the earpiece is already there. They may not call it as the ball is bowled every time, but they'd get it right.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I’m assuming the system they need (but would be cost prohibitive) would be the tennis fault calling system.

What if a bowlers heel was behind the line but not touching the ground? would that a fair delivery called a no ball.

Hutty1986

Immortal
De Silva with a braindead Australianesque heave and out lbw on review. A Sri Lankan miracle was on the cards but that's most likely the game now. Really dumb shit.
Edit-wicket next ball lol. Sri Lanka 7/206 and toasted.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Perera with an amazing knock, the Saffa's are about to poo their pants.

LOL 4 overthrows.

29 needed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They steal a 2, 20 needed.

This will be the greatest last wicket partnership in the history of test cricket if they get up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
6 more!!!

14 needed. These little Sri Lankans are really starting to turn me on in their pink and green.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rabada bowls two high and wide balls and after a warning for short balls bowled another over the shoulder but was let go. big call, 6 balls against Steyn for the Abba back up singer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fap De Penis went full Ricky Ponting out there, absolutely woeful captaincy.

Just let old mate tee off and put no pressure on Perera at all, spread fields even on ball 5.

I am drunk on Saffa tears after that one.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL Michael Aussie Haysman looks like he's about to cry.

Perera took a massive shit in his cereal lol.