What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
Which was the same when Bryce was 6 for us. Better him then Hardaker or someone on the wing while he sits on the bench. Yet still it was called a bad call then yet not now?
Bryce at 6 was f**king terrible. It only worked when Moylan was doibg his job and Bryce was running the ball taking the line on.

The second Carty tried playing like a 6 he was useless and we were worse off for it. He had the odd moments of competence. But he was always a second rower trying too hard to be something that isnt natural to him. Moylan on the other hand is a natural playmaker. He has his flaws too. Every player does. But at 6 he's not being forced to do anything he doesn't shine at anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bryce at 6 was f**king terrible. It only worked when Moylan was doibg his job and Bryce was running the ball taking the line on.

The second Carty tried playing like a 6 he was useless and we were worse off for it. He had the odd moments of competence. But he was always a second rower trying too hard to be something that isnt natural to him. Moylan on the other hand is a natural playmaker. He has his flaws too. Every player does. But at 6 he's not being forced to do anything he doesn't shine at anyway.

We didn't have any ball players though. I'd agree with this if we had a stacked NSW Cup team.

When Soward went we should of replaced him with a half then we would of had options.

Same here. A fullback was replaced by a half so the team setup changes

mxlegend99

Referee
Saw his interview on the NRL site. Love to see both coach and player taking responsibility for it.

Good bit of honesty from Bryce:
“I wasn’t playing well and I wasn’t playing up to the standard I know I can. I wasn’t working hard enough, I got here and I just thought it was going to happen, I didn’t put in the work I needed to and that’s what I’m trying to do everyday now, put 110 per cent into everything I do.
Also love this bit from Brennan.

I probably underestimated the toll it took on him to move away from his family and support network he had at Penrith,” he told NRL.com.

“He’s a Penrith boy all his life — Cartwright and Penrith go hand-in-hand so I probably underestimated the effect the move had on him.

“I didn’t help him either putting him in at five-eighth and moving him around a few positions at different times at the start so I’ll probably put my hand up and say that was an error on my behalf at the start.”
Takes responsibility for his part and talks up our club. Also admits playing 6 was not helping him.

Only words though. Sctions on the field need to improve or they mean shit. But it looks like he's trying to fix that.

roofromoz

First Grade
Lachlan Coote and Kevin Naiqama made their Super League debut for St. Helens.

Only saw a bit of the first half, Coote threw an intercept pass to allow Wigan to tie it up at 12-all at half time.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hikus first touch... drops a bomb at fullback. Maoris lucky to get a penalty though.

Moments later and the first try is off some beautiful work from Whare.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Hikus first touch... drops a bomb at fullback. Maoris lucky to get a penalty though.

Moments later and the first try is off some beautiful work from Whare.
It's interesting I remember a few occasions Whare wouldn't risk the quick tap on playing for us in the last few years or so (E.g Peachey's match winning try against Rabbitohs last year he held the ball and successfully broke away from the tackle).

Last edited:
Robert Jennings is expected to clear out from Souths sooner rather than later with Wests Tigers his likely new home. That will clear the way for Cowboys forward Ethan Lowe to join the Bunnies.

After a few stellar seasons, his form dipped last year. He will join Souths for close to minimum wage. Lowe has chased the opportunity because he is not likely to crack it for a start at the Cowboys.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...stand-down-jack-de-belin-20190216-p50yb6.html

Latest posts