What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ! Trial vs Raiders

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd probably agree. But you'd think after a decade of playing the ball slowly most years and being crap and the only year we finished top 4 was when we played the ball faster, we might have learnt something out of all that.
Prior to 2018 we generated quick play-the-balls on the edges. It wasn’t unique (Hasler did it with Manly a decade ago) but by about 2015 we were the only ones doing it.

We weren’t playing the ball quickly in 2017 because of our middle forwards. It was the exact same pack in 2018.

Pre-2016 our problem was defence, and the overwhelming reason for that was Chris Sandow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were the third best attacking team in the comp this year. We scored plenty of tries from inside the opposition 20.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because we're better than other teams at scoring long range tries doesn't mean we're worse than other teams inside the 20.

When we REALLY needed a try this year and didn't get one we blame our team. But when the opposition really needed a try and didn't get one we credited our defence. It's normal human bias.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just because we're better than other teams at scoring long range tries doesn't mean we're worse than other teams inside the 20.

When we REALLY needed a try this year and didn't get one we blame our team. But when the opposition really needed a try and didn't get one we credited our defence. It's normal human bias.
Do you think we look as polished as the top teams when we have a full set inside the opposition 20? Maybe its my bias but I feel like we struggle at times.

I think we are better when we surge into the 20 and don't have as much time to think about what we do. Granted though, at that stage the defence is on the backfoot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We definitely don't set up as well as the top teams, but we know how to shift to the wings quickly when it's on. We just don't create overlaps as well as some other teams.

But the intent is to score tries, however you can, and I think we do it better than most teams, even inside the 20.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think we look as polished as the top teams when we have a full set inside the opposition 20? Maybe its my bias but I feel like we struggle at times.

I think we are better when we surge into the 20 and don't have as much time to think about what we do. Granted though, at that stage the defence is on the backfoot.

I reckon every side struggles inside the other teams 20 if they have had even possesion. If it is lopsided like our game last week then the opposition looks better.
And that is the reason Canberra had 4 injuries on their line drop outs to Souths.3-4 min rest. Amazing only Leilaua seemed genuinely injured.The rest come good after the whole team had a nice rest. And Souths couldn't find any space.
Some teams just play the rules smarter then others.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our set plays in the oppositions 20m zone sucks, doesn’t help we have Nathan Brown the handbrake.

emjaycee

Coach
Souths attack inside the 20 last night looked crap... wayward passes, Cook running around like lost sheep.
Maybe ours isn't too bad.