What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

callmack1

Staff member
Aqualand on the back shows that they are flexible with their logo in terms of colour too so hopefully, that's good signs for the Home jersey.

Jankuloski

Juniors
I can’t remember where the discussion on the new logos is, but just watching them live for the first time in the All Stars game.

They look slick and distinctive. What you can’t see when looking at the renders is how much you can see them from afar during the play.

We look up there with NBA in visual identity for mine. Very good job!

yakstorm

First Grade
huddle.jpg

Aqualand on lower back for those who hadn't seen it.

sempmrh

Juniors
I would prefer Souths in darker shades of red and green like on that red jersey or their ANZAC jersey from last year.

roofromoz

First Grade
I realise a lot of players wear their socks down but I don't care for this as an alternative. Just pull your damn socks up.

Spotted a couple of things today. First, the Bulldogs will be having an ANZAC jersey. You can see it in this Classic catalogue: https://www.classicsports.com.au/catalogues/19_BULLDOGS_CAT/mobile/index.html#p=1

Second, there will be some new retro jerseys this year: https://www.classicsports.com.au/catalogues/19_HERITAGE_CAT/mobile/index.html#p=1

Hopefully the 2003 Panthers jersey will soon be added.

sempmrh

Juniors
Looks like Peter Wynn has released the Souths home jersey.
What made Souths’ black and white trimmed jerseys ‘work’ was that the sponsor logos were large and in either black or white to match. There was a visible difference. With both the home and away having the same coloured sponsor logos I’m not so sure just side panels, collar and shorts will make for enough of a difference.

wazdog

Juniors
Looks like Peter Wynn jumped the gun on this one as the photo has now been removed.

I think having the sponsors logos in black wouldn’t contrast as well on TV. To remediate this they could have done a thin white outline around the black logo (similar to what the Celtics did with their green jersey with black lettering).

Assume they are going with black numbers on this jersey?

flippikat

Bench
I posted this 5 years ago and still don't know why they just don't swap the red with the green on the away.
MOCKUP:
View attachment 27283
The away one with white shorts and socks would definitely look different to the home.

Precisely. If they're not going to do a mostly white or mostly black away jersey, at least they could reverse the ratio of red to green!

flippikat

Bench
Finally!!! Looks awesome!! 2019 has been our best year for jerseys so far. I never minded the boxy sponsors but this year we finally have great sponsor intergration!

I'm calling it now - this is the best jersey year since 1996.

Just like Superleague's weird template designs & the horrible gradient obsession of the early 2000s never happened.

I'm stoked.