What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

A Star Is Born

First 3rd was great and I was invested in the characters but the middle dragged and the ending didn't hit the mark. Worth a watch but doesn't live up to the hype.

As a fan of Alias and Cooper it was nice to see he employed every single actor from the show apart from Jenifer Gardner

Storm13

Juniors
Glass ?-?

McAvoy was awesome and the movie was more of a sequel to Split than Unbreakable. Bruce and Sam really didn't have enough to make their characters more interesting or complex. Final third was a let down especially the reveal of Sarah Paulsons character and her twist. Also I can forgive the final outcome of Mr Glass and The Beast but what they did to wrap up Willis's character was stupid.

vvvrulz

Coach
Velvet Buzzsaw - 6.5/10. Colorful but confused film which shoots itself in the foot by changing it's tune in every act, surprisingly from the guy who brought us Nightcrawler. First it's charged up satire & dark comedy on modern art, then diving into Alien-esque supernatural sci-fi, before finally landing on a flat out slasher film. It all unravels in the third act where the carefully crafted setup collapses in a heap.

Each part works well in isolation, but essentially it ends up as three 40 minute movies and none of them are done full justice. It's a shame because the performances are outstanding and disguise the mess; Gyllenhaal fans like myself will love yet another manic variation of himself, and the rest of the terrific ensemble commit to their cartoonish and entertaining bit parts (other than a wasted John Malkovich).

A swing and a miss.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Last Man Standing 6.5/10. A lost 90s Bruce Willis flick, where instead of a silly action affair we're served a vintage noir-western where a drifting loner gets caught up between rivalling mobs in a small town. There's plenty of guns, stand-offs and larger than life characters to be had.

Willis delivers a nicely laconic performance that avoids most Willis cliches, but what works the most is the curious supporting cast packed with familiar faces: there's Bruce Dern, 'funny guy' Sully from Commando, Sebastian from Blade Runner, Dr Kelso (!), and mother f-cking Christopher Walken as the sadistic enforcer. Good way to pass an evening.

Last edited:
Velvet Buzzsaw.
The Dave Taylor of movies .
Promised so much ...flashes of brilliance but overall a major letdown.
You know there is the core of a good movie in there somewhere ..but it just never reaches average ...just like Dave .
4/10

axl rose

Bench
Aquaman- they cant create a compelling story so they just throw everything at the screen. Did they really need to make it as long as Lord of The Rings, it was a chore to get through the last hour. meh 5/10

The Kings of Summer- teen boys run away and go build a house in the woods. Funny and it has a lot of heart. 8/10

The Favourite- Awful. Not interesting, not funny 0/10

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Searching

Token asian from harold and kumar has come along way, a bit different on the standard webcam type genre and a decent watch

PJ

First Grade
Plane flight so time to catch up on anything I've missed and/or garbage.

Overlord. Interesting premise for a horror but could have been better. Got to say I have enjoyed Wyatt Russel in everything I've seen him in. 7/10

Venom. Enjoyed it. Tom Hardy is great. Action sequences let it down imo and no compelling villain. 7/10

Crazy Rich Asians. Some laughs but parts too formulaic. Again 7/10

Predator. Why did I bother. As bad as I had heard, but since Venom was good thought I would try. Garbage in everyway, acting, script, story 2/10

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched "Escape Room" on Tuesday. It aims to be a combo of "The Game" and "Saw: and misses the mark by a big margin. I didn't care about the characters and the movie looked a bit on the cheap side. 1.5 out of 5 stars for me....give it a miss.

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched the Ritchie McCaw: Chasing Great doco tonight. Very well put together doco which follows McCaw through the last year of his career. Nothing groundbreaking but you do not need to be a mad union fan to appreciate it.
Interesting watch. 3 out of 5

axl rose

Bench
Free Solo o_O (doco) could have skipped over the annoying girlfriend parts but a great watch anyway. A+

First Man-
what an absolute snooze.
:sleeping:

Last edited:

Latest posts