What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know where he is going to play. I think Nofo and Thompson are pretty decent wingers and Jennings is no better. That left centre spot is a concern though and maybe he can play there but it'll be interesting how much better he is than Fonua or Momirovski.

Pretty sure he played in the centers as a juniour. Agree I don’t see him as any better then our current wingers.

Gould has been lobbying HARD for premiership winning Flanno's return to the fold and reinstatement of his "fit and proper person" status...
Nothing to worry about Ivan....you have a contract

Banking on the Flanagan father/son combo in case the current one fails

gordsy

Juniors
I don't know where he is going to play. I think Nofo and Thompson are pretty decent wingers and Jennings is no better. That left centre spot is a concern though and maybe he can play there but it'll be interesting how much better he is than Fonua or Momirovski.

He is better than Fonua and probably Nofo too and that is all that matters. Even if it's only by 10% it's an upgrade and let's use it to our benefit. I'd go with Marsters and Matterson in the centre and Jennings and Thompson on the wing. Although I do worry about Thompson under the high ball.

stryker

First Grade
I dont get why they are flogging us. Potentially the biggest growth area outside of brisbane, yet the inner city clubs get the rails run? Greenburg should be sucking us off instead of trying to root us!
They are most probably fed up with the club's impotent performances year in, year out. We have been making up the numbers for decades now and are usually in the media for the wrong reasons. On top of that, the "potential" of Western Sydney is not exploited correctly. We have to start winning to be seen as a viable option and not a weaklink of the code.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He is better than Fonua and probably Nofo too and that is all that matters. Even if it's only by 10% it's an upgrade and let's use it to our benefit. I'd go with Marsters and Matterson in the centre and Jennings and Thompson on the wing. Although I do worry about Thompson under the high ball.
Agree with u.Regarding Thompson although his on the small side which makes him a target of opposition kickers he more than makes up for this by the quality of the rest of his game.His a tough little bugger who puts his body on the line in defence & can certainly sniff out a try.

Although Fonua is a beast his poor lateral movement & poor defensive reads along with Nofa’s illiteracy in defence places these 2 at the bottom
of pecking order re our outside backs vying for selection in the team.

Certainly very curious as to who our 2-5 will b for opening game coz this is clearly the thinnest part of our squad re quality.Hence won’t b surprised to find Benji in the centres.

The player I’m expecting to b a major improver & give Madge a pleasant headache re selecting the 17 is McQueen.He has a major point to prove as the impostor Cleary treated him with disdain whereas there’s much respect between mcqueen & his previous coach Madge.

To demonstrate what an arrogant inept prick Cleary is he didn’t speak to mcqueen for 6 months & at the end of season review McQueen’s team-mates had to hold him back from belting the merkin.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ted - I can't see Benji in the centres. He could probably handle it for a while but over the season I think it would be a disaster. I also can't see McQueen coming on.

I would still have Nofo and Tompson as our wingers. The guys put in last year and performed well for us. Nofo's defence has been poor though and Thompson isn't a big winger which matters when it comes to getting our sets off on the right foot.

It'll be interesting to see what team we come out with and how it changes.

Can you imagine a combination of Fonua and Thompson as a player. Thompson's all round ability and speed with Fonua's size and power. How good would that be.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ted - I can't see Benji in the centres. He could probably handle it for a while but over the season I think it would be a disaster. I also can't see McQueen coming on.

I would still have Nofo and Tompson as our wingers. The guys put in last year and performed well for us. Nofo's defence has been poor though and Thompson isn't a big winger which matters when it comes to getting our sets off on the right foot.

It'll be interesting to see what team we come out with and how it changes.

Can you imagine a combination of Fonua and Thompson as a player. Thompson's all round ability and speed with Fonua's size and power. How good would that be.
Taniela Tuiaki the incarnation of Fonua & Thompson’s combined skills.

super_coach

First Grade
Plus we have a significantly better coach.

I am really not sure what to make of 2019. When you think of it there are plenty of positives. Matterson is a very classy footballer, Mosses M has a full year to show his wares, we actually have 2 no9s unlike most of last year and we have Madge...what you see is what you get unlike the bloke last year.

Than just when I get excited, I start thinking of things like pace, goal kicking,size at the back and depth and I start to worry again. Another concern for me is Musgrove, I thought he was just what the doc ordered..big hard and tuff but if his day in court turns bad I doubt we will see him in 2019.

Anyway like most years it’s half cup empty and half a cup full

stryker

First Grade
Why do people keep forgetting about Paul Momirovski?, he's set for a stellar year, fingers crossed!.
Well I guess currently he is unproven. He went ok in the semi last year but was half a step behind his peers in pace, summing up situations and executing plays. That is to be expected when filling in so people are holding judgement until we see what he can do week in week out.

Shredder

Juniors
Obviously, we need to start doing something different if we want to get different results.

This year is a bit of an ask given that Madge inherited a team, but I have no attachment to any players individually. I want my team to win. Id be playing players like Mimirovski and Musgrove and I have no problem with trying Benji at centre.

Change it up.