What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

adamkungl

Immortal
Leeds NRL recruits haven't help them in the opening rounds.
Lolohea a non-contributor and Hurrell not hitting his straps yet.
Other big names - Myler looks off and Watkins looks lazy. Wayne Bennett will be moving these 2 down the test pecking order if this is their week to week standard.

On paper they're a strong squad but it aint clicking for them right now.

In contrast, Salford seem to be loving life with Jacko Hastings running the show. Salford could well make my prediction look silly if they keep a fit squad. Tough to do in the insanely long SL season but not impossible.

Expansion view - Pity about the London loss but Catalans got their first runs on the board.

Week off for 7 clubs next week with only last years bottom 4 (feat.London instead of Widnes) playing games, and Wigan in the WCC.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R2 results - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32743-results-2019-betfred-super-league-round-2/

DzElv0xUUAAGQgy.jpg:large

Timmah

Staff member
Stupid split round completed the first part this morning AU time - Hull KR beat London, Leeds smashed Salford.

Timmah

Staff member
Wakey downed Catalans 22-12 this morning, their first win of the season.

adamkungl

Immortal
Catalans as frustrating as ever. Had enough opportunities but stuttering attack and poor discipline made them their own worst enemy.

Tenacious performance by Wakefield, deserved the win. Real good defence and smart on and off the ball.

Is there anything more frustrating than supporting a team that has the talent, is getting themselves right in the game, and continually fluffs it?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Catalans as frustrating as ever. Had enough opportunities but stuttering attack and poor discipline made them their own worst enemy.

Tenacious performance by Wakefield, deserved the win. Real good defence and smart on and off the ball.

Is there anything more frustrating than supporting a team that has the talent, is getting themselves right in the game, and continually fluffs it?
Don’t quote me on this but aren’t the dragons historically slow starters? Plus they are hopeless away from home.

JFK Files

Juniors
Saints v Rhinos was entertaining, Saints started off really fast and got out to a 10-0 lead then Leeds dominated and looked winners at ht.

Timmah

Staff member
Cas smashed London 40-6 this morning, Salford just beat KR.

Cas jump over Wire into first place after three games.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Long, long hard season ahead for the broncos I’m afraid. Hopefully their time in super league will expose them to new fans and potential new junior RL players and teams for future benefits in terms of fans and players.

JFK Files

Juniors
I rate Danny Ward highly as a coach but he has made a huge mistake playing James Cunningham in the halves, he is an excellent hooker and thats where he should be. The Broncos signed a promising halfback Morgan Smith who I was looking forward to seeing but they haven't played him yet.

deluded pom?

Coach
Long, long hard season ahead for the broncos I’m afraid. Hopefully their time in super league will expose them to new fans and potential new junior RL players and teams for future benefits in terms of fans and players.
It’s a pity they got that bad call early in the second half for a steal when it was actually a one on one strip. Cas scored shortly after but London showed plenty of heart for the rest of the game. They made a lot of silly unforced errors. If they tidy those up then they will be competitive with the lower end of SL IMO.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I rate Danny Ward highly as a coach but he has made a huge mistake playing James Cunningham in the halves, he is an excellent hooker and thats where he should be. The Broncos signed a promising halfback Morgan Smith who I was looking forward to seeing but they haven't played him yet.
Probably to accommodate pelissier

Walter sobchak

First Grade
It’s a pity they got that bad call early in the second half for a steal when it was actually a one on one strip. Cas scored shortly after but London showed plenty of heart for the rest of the game. They made a lot of silly unforced errors. If they tidy those up then they will be competitive with the lower end of SL IMO.
Too small of a squad. Depth wise. Injuries and suspensions will hit them more than others.

Hopefully this doesn’t limit the number of appearances for their academy products this season.

Latest posts