What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad named for Storm trial

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Wow. I didn't expect the grammar police from you of all people. Its usually a sign of someone losing an argument but hay, I'm sure you have a good reason for it lol

Look, I get it. I'll leave you alone. You haven't been able to predict anything so you are keeping unusually quiet. I've seen this fear in children before so I know you must be struggling :joy:

Mr 16 refers to your last prediction, where you predicted where the warriors would be in 4 stages of the year. You came 16th out of 18 lol. I notice you didn't respond when I mentioned this earlier. I'm not expecting a response about this now either :wink:
Lol the tipping comp that rich runs, is far more accurate. I came third with a massive self imposed disadvantage of having to pick, a lowly placed Warriors team for that year. But I offer real insights. I speak the same language that you hear coaches and players speak and I share that on here. I'm going for my level 3, you don't know what that is right? Lol I can tell about what you share on the game that you're an arm chair fan that's never played and that's ok. Just keep reading my posts boy.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Burr looks like he could be a real good pick up. Loving the offloads.

Looks like the forwards have been on a taro and benchpress diet this off season. Looking seriously big.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Burr looks like he could be a real good pick up. Loving the offloads.

Looks like the forwards have been on a taro and benchpress diet this off season. Looking seriously big.
Too big IMO. I'm not sure of the interchange rules but those guys better get use to puffing out.

Storm were allowed to stand and off load or get off fairly quick play the balls at times. Something I hope coach Kearney looks at.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Anyway thoughts on the game:

I missed the first few min and had to watch with sound off as I was watching on my phone while out. The NRL app still sucks, even when o could listen the audio kept getting out of sync.

Attack was pretty disjointed but it it was a trial so not reading too much into that. Keighran looks like he’s probably got the inside running to partner Green. Can kick too which is useful.

Forwards looked good, made plenty of yards and looked big and strong. Fitness didn’t seem to be an issue, confident enough there after last year.

Herbert’s big hit was awesome. He could be a useful signing.

Team looked organised and disciplined for the most part. Storm really didn’t threaten and only scored off a forward pass.

Great to see Roache back into it and looking comfortable.

All in all the team gets a pass so far. Will be keen to see how a stronger side fares if they bring out more of the first choice players against the Tigers.

Leber

Bench
I actually thought Keighran was really good. Looks like he will be a good foil for green.

I think Herbert was the surprise packet though.

But tbf, the storm were pretty average.

TheDMC

Bench
For those dudes that missed it... replay available on nrl tv (maybe only second half tho). I’m like space I was impressed with the forwards energy and effort.

waipiro

Juniors
First trial thoughts......and early days but for what its worth.....

I thought Perham looked sharp and given he is regarded as a full back might be good to bring him through as a winger this year and mentor him into fullback....very much like RTS was developed under Minichello. I think Roger would be a great mentor too having that experience.

Herbert could be a good chance on one of the centre spots if he keeps working hard.....Pretty sure he has played 1 and 6 as well in reserve grade so adds extra cover for in game injury without affecting the interchange make up

Thought Burr looked strong and Bunty was very good post contact

Quite liked Keighran ...big and strong and a reasonable kicking game.....be hard to stop running an angle off an offloading forward

Rich102

Staff member
Agree waipiro. I thought the team operated much better when Keighran was on the field. Plus his goal kicking was superb.
I thought Roache was the pick of the hookers. Hope he can stay fit.
I thought generally the cohesion in defence was good and fitness was good.
Good signs from a trial.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I was initially surprised when the dragons let Herbert go because he was highly rated by the dragons fans who watch the juniors and reserve grade RL but when you consider the crazy amount of youngsters coming through at the dragons it makes sense. You can’t play them all and keep them all.

imo pat Herbert will be 1st choice centre by seasons end.

ozenzud

Juniors
Didn't recognise many Storm players, so can't be that impressed with the win. But it wasn't a Warriors top team by some measure and a win, is a win.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Didn't recognise many Storm players, so can't be that impressed with the win. But it wasn't a Warriors top team by some measure and a win, is a win.

I’d say in terms of squad strength they were about equal, both teams pretty much played their fringe guys and their new signings/reserves.