What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Points of Trial vs Knights

kit66

Bench
Our forwards look great in the first half, handling the Newc boys with relative ease. Vaughan and Host the standouts with the Sims boys aiming up quite well too. Our new halves partnership is all over the place and not going very well so far, no direction.
We score a nice try ( disallowed but still nicely executed ) with a sweep to the left and then play the rest of the half in attack on the right with no success at all.
I'd like to see Norman's lethal kicking game used close to the line and Dufty on the field somewhere, preferably fullback with Widdop at 6 and Norman at left centre with Lomax right centre and that huge Ravi dude on the wing.

Dragon66

Juniors
I’m reasonably impressed with the effort from all the players.
We certainly have the talent in the team.
My problem is still the coach.
There does not appear to be much structure, or a plan to attack when we have the ball.
It seems to be pass and charge, or throw it around and hope something happens.

Last tackle options ordinary, and so many passes are just directing players into the teeth of the defence.

I give them the benefit of the doubt, and it’s just a physical hit out in the first trial.
Well I hope that’s case anyway.

jeffdragon

Bench
Our forwards look great in the first half, handling the Newc boys with relative ease. Vaughan and Host the standouts with the Sims boys aiming up quite well too. Our new halves partnership is all over the place and not going very well so far, no direction.
We score a nice try ( disallowed but still nicely executed ) with a sweep to the left and then play the rest of the half in attack on the right with no success at all.
I'd like to see Norman's lethal kicking game used close to the line and Dufty on the field somewhere, preferably fullback with Widdop at 6 and Norman at left centres.
Exactly my view too.
Very clunky again in attack

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So can he pass or can’t he pass?

You’re rather confusing..

jeffdragon

Bench
What worries me we only scored 6 points with our spine all there.
We usually play crap in trials n charity shield everyc

True_Believer

Juniors
What worries me we only scored 6 points with our spine all there.
We usually play crap in trials n charity shield everyc

Gotta remember that Field, Robson and Nicholls have played together a fair bit in the same positions previously. The NRL spine is pretty much a whole new setup